Old 17-07-2012, 05:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Dyslexia -v- imbecile To Janet and steerpike

On Tue, 17 Jul 2012 12:29:16 -0400, S Viemeister
wrote:

On 7/17/2012 11:53 AM, Ophelia wrote:
"Kathy" wrote
"news" wrote
Kathy wrote
I can not give directions. I find myself saying "Turn right " while
indicating left, or saying completely daft things like "that way" or
"turn here" with no indication of direction

Ah yes - but that's not being a dyslexic - its a result of having 2 X
chromosomes

You are on *very* shaky ground here Andyw. I might just mis direct
something your way :-}

lol well I do know right from left, but apart from that I have *no*
sense of direction.

My Dad had absolutely _no_ sense of direction - he was a brilliant
scientist, but practical things eluded him.

My mother had a retrospective sense of direction, along the lines of
"you need to turn right half a mile back up the road". Then it would
be "you needed to turn right when you were going the other way; you
should have turned left back there."

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Urgling from the East End of Swansea Bay where sometimes
it's raining and sometimes it's not.
Old 17-07-2012, 05:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"S Viemeister" wrote in message
On 7/17/2012 11:53 AM, Ophelia wrote:
"Kathy" wrote
"news" wrote
Kathy wrote
I can not give directions. I find myself saying "Turn right " while
indicating left, or saying completely daft things like "that way" or
"turn here" with no indication of direction

Ah yes - but that's not being a dyslexic - its a result of having 2 X
chromosomes

You are on *very* shaky ground here Andyw. I might just mis direct
something your way :-}

lol well I do know right from left, but apart from that I have *no*
sense of direction.

My Dad had absolutely _no_ sense of direction - he was a brilliant
scientist, but practical things eluded him.

Phew! Not just me then!

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Old 17-07-2012, 05:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

[...]

lol well even that wouldn't help me) I am full of admiration for hubby
who knows instantly, which way is north!!! How clever is that??

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Old 17-07-2012, 07:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

My mother had a retrospective sense of direction, along the lines of
"you need to turn right half a mile back up the road". Then it would
be "you needed to turn right when you were going the other way; you
should have turned left back there."

lol well even that wouldn't help me) I am full of admiration for
hubby who knows instantly, which way is north!!! How clever is that??

Could that be because every thing you touched went west?
Old 17-07-2012, 08:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David Hill" wrote in message

My mother had a retrospective sense of direction, along the lines of
"you need to turn right half a mile back up the road". Then it would
be "you needed to turn right when you were going the other way; you
should have turned left back there."

lol well even that wouldn't help me) I am full of admiration for
hubby who knows instantly, which way is north!!! How clever is that??

Could that be because every thing you touched went west?

lol don't you start)

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Old 17-07-2012, 10:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"S Viemeister" wrote in message
On 7/17/2012 11:53 AM, Ophelia wrote:
"Kathy" wrote
"news" wrote
Kathy wrote
I can not give directions. I find myself saying "Turn right " while
indicating left, or saying completely daft things like "that way" or
"turn here" with no indication of direction

Ah yes - but that's not being a dyslexic - its a result of having 2 X
chromosomes

You are on *very* shaky ground here Andyw. I might just mis direct
something your way :-}

lol well I do know right from left, but apart from that I have *no*
sense of direction.

My Dad had absolutely _no_ sense of direction - he was a brilliant
scientist, but practical things eluded him.

My Dad navigated by public loos, pubs and cafes. At the age of 10 I could
have got myself from Romford to the New Forest with no trouble following his
waymarks!

He was also dyslexic.

--
Kathy

Old 18-07-2012, 12:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2012-07-17 22:52:10 +0100, "Kathy" said:

[...]

I'd call that rather useful. Everything you need plus a route from A
to K. ;-)

And to P ;-)

Baz