Old 28-07-2012, 06:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Garden snails

"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

wrote in message

I am convinced that the reason I am finding so many half-way up
my plants is that they are trying to escape the waters. I shall
start to get seriously worried if I come across any freshwater
mussels attached to my beans, but I suspect that it's only a
matter of time.

There is a snail on my first floor bathroom window. How did it get
there?

It's coming to get youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

Let's be sensible. I've never seen snails climb that far before. I am
worried about the rain. It's not funny.

Aww I was just trying to cheer you up

It's still there..

Old 28-07-2012, 11:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

wrote in message

I am convinced that the reason I am finding so many half-way up
my plants is that they are trying to escape the waters. I shall
start to get seriously worried if I come across any freshwater
mussels attached to my beans, but I suspect that it's only a
matter of time.

There is a snail on my first floor bathroom window. How did it get
there?

It's coming to get youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

Let's be sensible. I've never seen snails climb that far before. I am
worried about the rain. It's not funny.

Aww I was just trying to cheer you up

It's still there..

Oh

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Old 28-07-2012, 01:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

--

You may find that it has been subject to molluscular expiration and
that the shell is just stuck to the window.

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Urgling from the East End of Swansea Bay where sometimes
it's raining and sometimes it's not.

Old 28-07-2012, 02:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

wrote in message

[...]

I've found a lot of snails in the last few weeks that have crawled up 5
or 6 ft and have gone into hibernation mode
Old 28-07-2012, 02:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message

"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

wrote in message

I am convinced that the reason I am finding so many half-way up
my plants is that they are trying to escape the waters. I shall
start to get seriously worried if I come across any freshwater
mussels attached to my beans, but I suspect that it's only a
matter of time.

There is a snail on my first floor bathroom window. How did it get
there?

It's coming to get youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

Let's be sensible. I've never seen snails climb that far before. I am
worried about the rain. It's not funny.

Aww I was just trying to cheer you up

It's still there..

Oh
--

You may find that it has been subject to molluscular expiration and
that the shell is just stuck to the window.

Oh! Perhaps you should check, Tina?

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Old 29-07-2012, 09:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message

"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

wrote in message

I am convinced that the reason I am finding so many half-way up
my plants is that they are trying to escape the waters. I shall
start to get seriously worried if I come across any freshwater
mussels attached to my beans, but I suspect that it's only a
matter of time.

There is a snail on my first floor bathroom window. How did it get
there?

It's coming to get youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

Let's be sensible. I've never seen snails climb that far before. I am
worried about the rain. It's not funny.

Aww I was just trying to cheer you up

It's still there..

Oh
--

You may find that it has been subject to molluscular expiration and
that the shell is just stuck to the window.

Cheers, Jake

Not at all. It has removed itself to under the windowsill now ;-)

Old 29-07-2012, 09:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message

"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

wrote in message

[...]

Alive. Although they are a problem with the veggies I kind of like snails.
This like doesn't not extend to slugs, but why not? Slugs are only a snail
without a house.

Old 29-07-2012, 10:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Christina Websell wrote:
You may find that it has been subject to molluscular expiration and
that the shell is just stuck to the window.

Oh! Perhaps you should check, Tina?
--

Alive. Although they are a problem with the veggies I kind of like snails.
This like doesn't not extend to slugs, but why not? Slugs are only a snail
without a house.

I must admit, I'm not too bad with snails, but hate slugs. I think it helps
that snails have a grab-hold so you don't get covered with goo. And they have
quite attractive little poking-out-of-their-shell antennae and stuff. Slugs
are just a little ball of yuck.

Old 29-07-2012, 10:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Christina Websell wrote:
You may find that it has been subject to molluscular expiration and
that the shell is just stuck to the window.

Cheers, Jake

Not at all. It has removed itself to under the windowsill now ;-)

Oh, I took a photo for you last night, but Nick has lost his phone now.