Old 27-08-2012, 06:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default I'm a bit annoyed

On 27/08/2012 09:52, NT wrote:
On Aug 27, 7:03 am, "Her@Nowhere" wrote:
In article , meow2222
@care2.com says...

On Aug 24, 11:12 pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message

In article , Christina Websell
writes
To say I am annoyed is an understatement.

Why not share with someone who wants to do their fair share? Advertise at
a gardening club locally and I am sure someone will respond/
At least that way you could manage.
--

OMG this would set off a family disagreement. That's why it's difficult.

Why not adopt a style of gardening that doesn't require weeding. Ie
pick plants that are vigorous enough and tall enough to cope with
weeds. More trees and bushes than little carrots.

Because it's a vegetable garden to grow vegetables in? Vegetable seedlings almost always
require weeding, at leat in the earliest stages.

Janet

So choose ones that need little to none. Nettles, potatoes, pumpkin,
courgette etc

NT

Nettles? A real taste delight I bet

Old 27-08-2012, 07:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
NT NT is offline

wrote:
"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message

.. .

[...]

Yes, in the right recipe.

Covering the ground with something is another option to weeding, but
you've still got a lot of other work to do.

NT
Old 27-08-2012, 09:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 27/08/2012 18:47, stuart noble wrote:
On 27/08/2012 09:52, NT wrote:

So choose ones that need little to none. Nettles, potatoes, pumpkin,
courgette etc

NT

Nettles? A real taste delight I bet

Nettle leaves are the traditional outer wrapping of Cornish Yarg and do
taste perfectly OK. Probably full of iron and a trace of oxalic acid!

The taste is actually very pleasant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yarg

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Old 28-08-2012, 08:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:
[...]

Jerusalem artichokes. Mine are ten foot high and no weeds!

David

--
David Rance writing from Le Mesnil Villement, Calvados, France
http://rance.org.uk
Old 28-08-2012, 10:29 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Martin Brown
writes
You don't have time to mess about with Organic (TM) fetish gardening.

I think its you that seems to have the obsession - no-one can mention
anything to do with organic or minimising chemicals without you popping
up to have a go.

I understand that you don't like it - but other people do. Get over it.

--
regards andyw

Old 28-08-2012, 11:10 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 28/08/2012 10:29, news wrote:
In article , Martin Brown
writes

You don't have time to mess about with Organic (TM) fetish gardening.

I think its you that seems to have the obsession - no-one can mention
anything to do with organic or minimising chemicals without you popping
up to have a go.

I am all for *minimising* use of chemicals *THAT* is the point. This
includes using appropriate chemicals when and where it is necessary.

It is utterly bloody stupid to moan about not being able to physically
dig or weed the plot properly and then in the same breath refuse to use
something as effective and relatively benign as glyphosate weedkiller.

I understand that you don't like it - but other people do. Get over it.

I will not pander to irrational fear of "chemicals" so supermarkets can
rip off the worried well with over priced and over packaged produce.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Old 01-09-2012, 12:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Martin Brown wrote:
The taste is actually very pleasant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yarg

We're just back off holiday with a large wodge of that!