Old 05-12-2012, 03:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Best gardening clothes

On Wed, 5 Dec 2012 12:06:00 -0000, Janet wrote:

In article , rbel says...

On Tue, 4 Dec 2012 19:49:39 -0000, Janet wrote:

In article , rbel says...

I don't understand the references to waterproof gardening kit, a
totally alien concept which implies that one should work in the garden
when it is raining.

Imagine you're in the middle of planting out/almost finished mowing
the lawn/just need to get this finished... and it starts raining.

Don't tell me you stop work...

Indeed I do, unless it is very light rain and I have only a couple of
minutes of work left. To me gardening is not a wet or cold weather
pastime.

Something tells me you don't garden in the north :-)

The very thought makes feel quite queasy. In the event that I was
dragooned into living north of the M4 I would take up a more suitable
pastime, such as interior decorating or lion taming (under canvas).
--
rbel
Old 05-12-2012, 03:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"rbel" wrote in message ...
[...]

Stamp Collecting in front of a roaring log fire? :-)

Mike

Old 05-12-2012, 05:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 05 Dec 2012 15:43:30 +0000, rbel wrote:

Indeed I do, unless it is very light rain and I have only a couple of
minutes of work left. To me gardening is not a wet or cold weather
pastime.

Something tells me you don't garden in the north :-)

The very thought makes feel quite queasy. In the event that I was
dragooned into living north of the M4 I would take up a more suitable
pastime, such as interior decorating or lion taming (under canvas).

M4? My map is marked "Here Be Dragons" for lands south of the M62.

Can't say I do much gardening but was out yesterday swapping the rims and
tyres on the car for the winter set. Was about 2C and damp enough from
the the hill fog for drops of water to be falling off the trees but no
wind to speak of. As they say in the weather forcasts "wrap up warm", T
shirt, jumper, fleece and padded shirt was almost too much.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Old 05-12-2012, 06:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 05/12/2012 17:33, Dave Liquorice wrote:
[...]

I remember being told; when I was young; that the Welsh Chieftains were
known as Dragons, so the map should be marked "Here be dragons" for all
of Wales.
Old 05-12-2012, 06:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 05 Dec 2012 18:40:10 +0000, David Hill wrote:

M4? My map is marked "Here Be Dragons" for lands south of the M62.

I remember being told; when I was young; that the Welsh Chieftains were
known as Dragons, so the map should be marked "Here be dragons" for all
of Wales.

All of Wales *is* south of the M62. B-)

--
Cheers
Dave.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 05/12/2012 18:58, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Wed, 05 Dec 2012 18:40:10 +0000, David Hill wrote:

M4? My map is marked "Here Be Dragons" for lands south of the M62.

I remember being told; when I was young; that the Welsh Chieftains were
known as Dragons, so the map should be marked "Here be dragons" for all
of Wales.

All of Wales *is* south of the M62. B-)

So are a lot of places that are not in Wales.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 05 Dec 2012 15:43:30 +0000, rbel wrote:

On Wed, 5 Dec 2012 12:06:00 -0000, Janet wrote:

Something tells me you don't garden in the north :-)

The very thought makes feel quite queasy. In the event that I was
dragooned into living north of the M4 I would take up a more suitable
pastime, such as interior decorating or lion taming (under canvas).

It so happens that I live north of the M4 (east end of Swansea Bay)
whilst Dave H lives south of the M4 (west end of Swansea Bay). This is
despite, if you hold a map properly, the fact that he is more
northerly than I. But the weather north of the M4 here is usually
better than that south of the M4 at the other end.

Lion taming is, however, for wimps. In Wales we tame dragons (when we
have a few minutes to spare). In England, I believe, they call dragons
"wives" and are afraid to ask them to hold a bin bag whilst it is
filled with leaves.

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Urgling from the East End of Swansea Bay where sometimes
it's raining and sometimes it's not.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 05/12/2012 21:31, The Original Jake wrote:
[...]

Sorry Jake but I'm about half a mile North of the M4. we3 can look down
at it and see how busy it is before leaving home.
As for Lion taming, they are just great big pussy cats.
David@ the wet end of Swansea Bay, but at least we didn't get the snow
that fell just a few miles inland from us.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 05 Dec 2012 21:31:42 +0000, The Original Jake
wrote:

On Wed, 05 Dec 2012 15:43:30 +0000, rbel wrote:

On Wed, 5 Dec 2012 12:06:00 -0000, Janet wrote:

Something tells me you don't garden in the north :-)

The very thought makes feel quite queasy. In the event that I was
dragooned into living north of the M4 I would take up a more suitable
pastime, such as interior decorating or lion taming (under canvas).

It so happens that I live north of the M4 (east end of Swansea Bay)
whilst Dave H lives south of the M4 (west end of Swansea Bay). This is
despite, if you hold a map properly, the fact that he is more
northerly than I.

You have my deepest sympathy.

But the weather north of the M4 here is usually
better than that south of the M4 at the other end.

Lion taming is, however, for wimps.

I am afraid that I was a bit confused when I entered 'lion taming', I
really meant collecting stamps - I do not do bravery.

In Wales we tame dragons (when we
have a few minutes to spare). In England, I believe, they call dragons
"wives" and are afraid to ask them to hold a bin bag whilst it is
filled with leaves.

Ah ah, last weekend SWMBO picked all the leaves up and filled the big
container thing when I had used the blower to persuade them into piles
(and she dragged the container thing the length of the garden to the
dumping area several times). Which just proves that dragons can be
perfectly amenable if treated properly.
--
rbel
Old 05-12-2012, 10:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 5 Dec 2012 12:06:00 -0000, wrote:

[...]

LOL recurring! :~))

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London