Old 05-01-2013, 02:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Recommendations for seed potatoes?

Janet Tweedy wrote:
I didn't write any of the above except -- Martin

That was clever then

It was me. Martin just didn't snip the rest of my post that he quoted.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Janet Tweedy wrote:
Vicky is a vegetarian.
oh dear ................

!

In haste I have to say some of my best friends lean towards steering
clear of eating food that once had a face .............
but without bacon sandwiches the world is a poorer thing

I just made Nick an uber-baconsandwich. (Well, 2 of them actually)
2 bread rolls (yesterday's from the bakery), 6 slices of thick cut bacon
(went out of date early December. Oops) Brown sauce (yay, nearly finished
another random bottle of condiment!). And some cathedral city. All toasted
under the grill before putting the bread-lid on.

He said it was very nice.

Old 05-01-2013, 02:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Spider wrote:
Vicky is a vegetarian.
oh dear ................

!

Sorry, Vicky, I didn't know about your veggie status. Sorry to offend
with the 'b' word :~(. Will try and remember that you don't do m..t, in
future.

You're all mad.

Old 05-01-2013, 06:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 05/01/2013 17:27, Martin wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnzHtm1jhL4

munch munch bacon butty yum!

oh dear i can remember the words
so once more with feeling .....................

--
Janet T.
Amersham
Old 05-01-2013, 06:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 05/01/2013 17:27, Martin wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnzHtm1jhL4

munch munch bacon butty yum!
-- Martin

and having watched that iI wandered off to find M singing Pop Music (or
Musik) from 1979

--
Janet T.
Amersham
Old 05-01-2013, 06:23 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider[_3_] View Post
On 04/01/2013 09:17, Martin wrote:

We had a late crop of Sarpo Mira, also without blight.

I've read about the Sarpo types in the catalogues. They get good
ratings for blight resistance, but no remarks about flavour. How did
you find them?
the last two years I've grown Sarpo Mira for their slug resistance. They are very floury, but good with lots of butter.
__________________

Old 05-01-2013, 06:26 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider[_3_] View Post
Well, if I grow them, they'll be in heavy London clay miles from the
sea, so they'll have to cope with that;~). Looking on the bright side,
your other helpful info said they were resistant to slugs, which is a
good thing here. We're overrun with slugs and snails:~(.
Sarpo Mira seem very slug resistant - I;m overrun too, yet didn't have any slugs in the potato tubers. It was also very obvious that the top growth was being left alone, whereas the pink fir apple were really hammered.
__________________
Old 05-01-2013, 10:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 05/01/2013 17:27, Martin wrote:
On Sat, 05 Jan 2013 17:14:14 +0000, wrote:

On 05/01/2013 14:51, wrote:
wrote:
Vicky is a vegetarian.
oh dear ................
!

Utterly and irredeemably :@))!! Heh Heh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnzHtm1jhL4

munch munch bacon butty yum!

Do they serve bacon butties at the Funny Farm? Shan't go otherwise, so
there! Wibble wibble.

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London
Old 05-01-2013, 10:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 05/01/2013 18:23, kay wrote:

'Spider[_3_ Wrote:
;975873']On 04/01/2013 09:17, Martin wrote:-

We had a late crop of Sarpo Mira, also without blight.-

I've read about the Sarpo types in the catalogues. They get good
ratings for blight resistance, but no remarks about flavour. How did
you find them?

the last two years I've grown Sarpo Mira for their slug resistance. They
are very floury, but good with lots of butter.

Persumably that flouriness makes them good bakers? If not I'd have to
mash them.. with butter, of course.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 05/01/2013 22:36, Martin wrote:
On Sat, 05 Jan 2013 22:31:54 +0000, wrote:

On 05/01/2013 17:27, Martin wrote:
On Sat, 05 Jan 2013 17:14:14 +0000, wrote:

On 05/01/2013 14:51, wrote:
wrote:
Vicky is a vegetarian.
oh dear ................
!
Sorry, Vicky, I didn't know about your veggie status. Sorry to offend
with the 'b' word :~(. Will try and remember that you don't do m..t, in
future.

You're all mad.

Utterly and irredeemably :@))!! Heh Heh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnzHtm1jhL4

munch munch bacon butty yum!

Do they serve bacon butties at the Funny Farm? Shan't go otherwise, so
there! Wibble wibble.

The men in white coats will accompany you. Resistance is pointless.

Nah. Shan't go. I'll bribe them with bacon butties. They're irresistible.

Old 05-01-2013, 11:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote
I've just seen a newspaper ad for a variety called Swift which claims
to give the earliest crop. I've never grown them so am just passing on
the info.

Swift vies with Rocket to be the earliest of earlies.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Seed variety recommendations Kathy Edible Gardening 3 17-01-2006 10:45 PM
Seed potatoes Ron United Kingdom 13 25-02-2003 05:42 AM
Fancy seed potatoes (Cambridge) Nick Maclaren United Kingdom 1 30-01-2003 12:27 PM
Seed potato recommendations please! Chris United Kingdom 20 28-01-2003 07:41 PM
Seed sellers- Southwestern Ontario - recommendations? Faye Lifford-Earle Gardening 0 24-01-2003 10:14 AM