Old 03-04-2013, 09:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default More sun!

Another brilliant blue sky and gorgeous day! Somebody up there must
have pressed the wrong buttons! ;-)
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 03-04-2013, 10:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 03/04/2013 09:46, Sacha wrote:
Another brilliant blue sky and gorgeous day! Somebody up there must have
pressed the wrong buttons! ;-)

Looks as if they have turned the light on but forgotten to switch on the
heating element, still it's not that unusual.
In 1966 I did a 3 week safari in East Africa and spent another week in
the Middle East, got home just before Easter, within a few days we had 6
inches of snow, and that was early April, I remember the Daffs weighed
down with it, it came hard after being in temp of around 100f day after
day, that was when we lived in Hastings.

Old 03-04-2013, 12:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Sacha wrote in :

Another brilliant blue sky and gorgeous day! Somebody up there must
have pressed the wrong buttons! ;-)

That somebody pressed the wrong ones here as well. Hard frost overnight and
the hooligan has started to blow again. Clear sky, but, my God it's cold,
very cold ideed. Makes the nose and eyes run, cold ears as well.

Baz
Old 03-04-2013, 02:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-04-03 10:24:52 +0100, David Hill said:

On 03/04/2013 09:46, Sacha wrote:
Another brilliant blue sky and gorgeous day! Somebody up there must have
pressed the wrong buttons! ;-)

Looks as if they have turned the light on but forgotten to switch on
the heating element, still it's not that unusual.
In 1966 I did a 3 week safari in East Africa and spent another week in
the Middle East, got home just before Easter, within a few days we had
6 inches of snow, and that was early April, I remember the Daffs
weighed down with it, it came hard after being in temp of around 100f
day after day, that was when we lived in Hastings.

Snow and bitter cold at Easter isn't unknown but you have to be our
ages to know that, David! ;-) I feel, sometimes, that the younger
generation are getting a raw deal with the pessimistic outlooks they're
getting fed on!

--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 03-04-2013, 02:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-04-03 12:16:48 +0100, Baz said:

Sacha wrote in :

Another brilliant blue sky and gorgeous day! Somebody up there must
have pressed the wrong buttons! ;-)

That somebody pressed the wrong ones here as well. Hard frost overnight and
the hooligan has started to blow again. Clear sky, but, my God it's cold,
very cold ideed. Makes the nose and eyes run, cold ears as well.

Baz

Oh, it's still cold - bitter easterly wind and everyone's wrapped up
warm, then stripping off layers of coats, scarves, jumpers and gloves,
once they get into the greenhouses or tea room! The sun through the
windows is really warm and lovely.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 03-04-2013, 02:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 03/04/2013 10:24, David Hill wrote:
On 03/04/2013 09:46, Sacha wrote:
Another brilliant blue sky and gorgeous day! Somebody up there must have
pressed the wrong buttons! ;-)

Looks as if they have turned the light on but forgotten to switch on the
heating element, still it's not that unusual.

A case of the lights are on but no-one's at home ... we're all out in
the garden! We had a lovely sunny (if chilly) day here yesterday, so I
mowed both my lawns and did a lot of clearing up. Still too cold,
though, to plant my potatoes. Will try soon.

In 1966 I did a 3 week safari in East Africa and spent another week in
the Middle East, got home just before Easter, within a few days we had 6
inches of snow, and that was early April, I remember the Daffs weighed
down with it, it came hard after being in temp of around 100f day after
day, that was when we lived in Hastings.

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London
Old 03-04-2013, 04:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 03/04/2013 09:46, Sacha wrote:
Another brilliant blue sky and gorgeous day! Somebody up there must
have pressed the wrong buttons! ;-)

Lucky you. Somebody has turned off the bright light and put the aircon
on full blast here. BALTIC! :-(
--
Phil Cook
Old 03-04-2013, 05:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 03/04/2013 09:46, Sacha wrote:
Another brilliant blue sky and gorgeous day! Somebody up there must have
pressed the wrong buttons! ;-)

They'll realise before too long and press the right one to get the wind
and rain back which we have so much missed:-)
Old 03-04-2013, 08:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-04-03 12:16:48 +0100, Baz said:

Sacha wrote in :

Another brilliant blue sky and gorgeous day! Somebody up there must
have pressed the wrong buttons! ;-)

That somebody pressed the wrong ones here as well. Hard frost overnight and
the hooligan has started to blow again. Clear sky, but, my God it's cold,
very cold ideed. Makes the nose and eyes run, cold ears as well.

Baz

Oh, it's still cold - bitter easterly wind and everyone's wrapped up
warm, then stripping off layers of coats, scarves, jumpers and gloves,
once they get into the greenhouses or tea room! The sun through the
windows is really warm and lovely.

I think we've somehow skipped spring, summer and most of autumn and
winter is nigh. Only last week, it was light enough to be working
outdoors up to 9pm. Now it's getting dark by 8! It's definitely
getting dark earlier!

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Urgling from the East end of Swansea Bay
in between feeding half the UK bird population!
Old 03-04-2013, 11:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-04-03 16:09:04 +0100, Phil Cook said:

On 03/04/2013 09:46, Sacha wrote:
Another brilliant blue sky and gorgeous day! Somebody up there must
have pressed the wrong buttons! ;-)

Lucky you. Somebody has turned off the bright light and put the aircon
on full blast here. BALTIC! :-(

Maybe it's just our turn for a bit of sun. When we had the doomygloomy
stuff, I kept reading about others having sunshine!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 03-04-2013, 11:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-04-03 17:57:47 +0100, Bob H said:

On 03/04/2013 09:46, Sacha wrote:
Another brilliant blue sky and gorgeous day! Somebody up there must have
pressed the wrong buttons! ;-)

They'll realise before too long and press the right one to get the wind
and rain back which we have so much missed:-)

Oh yes! Joy. Rapture. I can hardly wait!! Thanks Bob! ;-))
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 04-04-2013, 09:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-04-03 17:57:47 +0100, Bob H said:

On 03/04/2013 09:46, Sacha wrote:
Another brilliant blue sky and gorgeous day! Somebody up there must have
pressed the wrong buttons! ;-)

They'll realise before too long and press the right one to get the
wind and rain back which we have so much missed:-)

Oh yes! Joy. Rapture. I can hardly wait!! Thanks Bob! ;-))

Well that was the sun that was.
Today is cold windy and dull here at the dry end of Swansea Bay.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-04-03 17:57:47 +0100, Bob H said:

On 03/04/2013 09:46, Sacha wrote:
Another brilliant blue sky and gorgeous day! Somebody up there must have
pressed the wrong buttons! ;-)

They'll realise before too long and press the right one to get the
wind and rain back which we have so much missed:-)

Oh yes! Joy. Rapture. I can hardly wait!! Thanks Bob! ;-))

Well that was the sun that was.
Today is cold windy and dull here at the dry end of Swansea Bay.

Sun & cloud here but very windy, too. 2C in Plymouth.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 04-04-2013, 03:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 04 Apr 2013 09:58:37 +0100, Sacha wrote:

Sun & cloud here but very windy, too. 2C in Plymouth.

We have 15 cm of snow forecast for tonight! What, again!!!

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy
Old 05-04-2013, 12:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 04/04/2013 15:05, Martin wrote:
Last night there was no frost here for the first time for weeks, but
today it is overcast, the sun has gone, and there's a bitterly cold
wind. Our daffodils are starting to flower.

Blimey it's freezing here tonight!! Out of the wind it is warm(ish) but
the wind itself is bitter. Hellebore are distinction unhappy and nearly
all the tulips have had their leaves and buds chewed off presumably by
animal looking for water and sustenance as the ground and my pond is
still frozen even as far south as Amersham

--
Janet T.
Amersham