Old 03-07-2013, 09:07 AM
Registered User

Default Useful for newbies

Hi!

I’m a total newbie to gardening. Just starting out on my own garden.
On the way to this forum I found other cool stuff while browsing for gardening advice.
And I found this quite interesting:
Buy Garden plants online from your online garden centre at Coblands.co.uk

Thought I post this in here in case any other newbie would like a plant finder just to get started! =)
Old 03-07-2013, 09:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 03/07/2013 09:07, lizgarden wrote:
Hi!

I’m a total newbie to gardening.

But not to spamming

Old 03-07-2013, 11:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

David Hill wrote in news:b3i76vFkqohU1
@mid.individual.net:

On 03/07/2013 09:07, lizgarden wrote:
Hi!

I’m a total newbie to gardening.

But not to spamming

Yes, David. He knows all about spamming.

Baz
Old 03-07-2013, 11:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 03/07/2013 09:54, David Hill wrote:
On 03/07/2013 09:07, lizgarden wrote:
Hi!

I’m a total newbie to gardening.

But not to spamming

LOL! Funny retort David.

It is so annoying to see an attempt at camouflaged spam, especially when
I'm really careful to separate my profession interests from my personal
ones. The two did cross on this group recently but only when the topic
was introduced by another poster. I manage another website which is very
pertinent for gardeners but I won't mention what until it seems correct
to do so.

Doesn't my halo look nice and shiny!

--
Wendy Tinley
SE Sheffield
Old 03-07-2013, 05:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-07-03 11:55:24 +0100, Wendy Tinley said:

On 03/07/2013 09:54, David Hill wrote:
On 03/07/2013 09:07, lizgarden wrote:
Hi!

I’m a total newbie to gardening.

But not to spamming

LOL! Funny retort David.

It is so annoying to see an attempt at camouflaged spam, especially
when I'm really careful to separate my profession interests from my
personal ones. The two did cross on this group recently but only when
the topic was introduced by another poster. I manage another website
which is very pertinent for gardeners but I won't mention what until it
seems correct to do so.

Doesn't my halo look nice and shiny!

The urg charter allows anyone with a garden related business to name
that business in their sig.file. The charter says:
"Advertising
Advertising is not welcome, with the following exceptions:
Suppliers of UK-relevant gardening equipment, services or plant
material may post a pointer to their website or invitation to request a
catalogue. This may not exceed four lines. This may be posted no more
often than once every three months. The subject line should begin "AD"
or "ADVERT".

Participants in discussions may include references to their
garden-related business in their .sig (max. four lines)."

NB: The last sentence does say 'participants in discussions' not some
bod wandering in 'off the street'! ;-) I have our business in my
sig.file, so does Charlie have theirs. I think David Hill used to but
doesn't seem to do so now. Cormaic did when he posted here (long time
ago) so it's not frowned upon as long as people are regular posters.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 04-07-2013, 11:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 03/07/2013 17:25, Sacha wrote:

NB: The last sentence does say 'participants in discussions' not some
bod wandering in 'off the street'! ;-) I have our business in my
sig.file, so does Charlie have theirs. I think David Hill used to but
doesn't seem to do so now. Cormaic did when he posted here (long time
ago) so it's not frowned upon as long as people are regular posters.

Oooh thanks for the correction/education

--
Wendy Tinley
My location: SE Sheffield - 4 miles west of junction 30 M1
Old 04-07-2013, 01:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 03/07/2013 09:54, David Hill wrote:
On 03/07/2013 09:07, lizgarden wrote:
Hi!

I’m a total newbie to gardening.

But not to spamming

Shame really as their website range isn't at all bad and much cheaper
for a bigger plant than the RHS if they offer it for sale. I had some
ferns from them back when their online site was called Best4Plants.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Old 04-07-2013, 01:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-07-04 13:04:56 +0100, Martin Brown said:

On 03/07/2013 09:54, David Hill wrote:
On 03/07/2013 09:07, lizgarden wrote:
Hi!

I’m a total newbie to gardening.

But not to spamming

Shame really as their website range isn't at all bad and much cheaper
for a bigger plant than the RHS if they offer it for sale. I had some
ferns from them back when their online site was called Best4Plants.

Well again, the charter does say that garden-related adverts can be
posted every 3 months - I think that's correct - and that the subject
line should say AD. There's nothing wrong with receiving
advertisements interesting to gardeners, imo but spamming by
*pretending* to be a new gardener is a bit cheeky and does imply we're
a load of eejits to be taken in!! ;-)
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 28-07-2013, 03:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 03/07/13 17:25, Sacha wrote:

Cormaic did when he posted here (long time ago) so it's not frowned upon
as long as people are regular posters.

What has become of Cormaic? Anyone know?

--
Rusty Hinge

Old 28-07-2013, 03:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 04/07/13 13:43, Janet wrote:

ISTR such commercial deceptions are also contrary to the TOS at
Gardenbanter.

They've got a TOS?

--
Rusty Hinge
Old 28-07-2013, 04:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"RustyHinge" wrote

Sacha wrote:

Cormaic did when he posted here (long time ago) so it's not frowned upon
as long as people are regular posters.

What has become of Cormaic? Anyone know?

This may explain it.....

http://www.pavingexpert.com/ajmcinfo.htm
--

Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 28-07-2013, 06:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-07-28 14:34:19 +0000, RustyHinge said:

On 03/07/13 17:25, Sacha wrote:

Cormaic did when he posted here (long time ago) so it's not frowned upon
as long as people are regular posters.

What has become of Cormaic? Anyone know?

I'm in touch with him from time to time. Basically, he's just too busy
to spend time here, unfortunately for us!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 28-07-2013, 07:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 28/07/13 16:57, Bob Hobden wrote:
"RustyHinge" wrote

Sacha wrote:

Cormaic did when he posted here (long time ago) so it's not frowned upon
as long as people are regular posters.

What has become of Cormaic? Anyone know?

This may explain it.....

http://www.pavingexpert.com/ajmcinfo.htm

Ta.

Bookmarked

--
Rusty Hinge
Old 28-07-2013, 07:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 28/07/13 18:12, sacha wrote:

I'm in touch with him from time to time. Basically, he's just too busy
to spend time here, unfortunately for us!

Wave to him for me next time you contact him. I might unforget to give
his pages a good going-over next time I have wifi and a lorra spare time
innit.

--
Rusty Hinge