Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-05-2014, 08:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Comments please.

In a Yuku group I belong to a member from South Carolina US of A posted
the following

"I have been wanting a privacy fence, or screen (bushes or trees) in my
back yard since 2007 when my backyard neighbor cut down all the Redtip
bushes that gave me a private back yard and NO view of his home. I lost
that privacy 7 years ago.

They are nice people but their yard is a distraction to me because they
drive vehicles back there from time to time and have other events that I
would like blocked. I have lost my privacy.

The cost of putting up a privacy fence could cost $3000 or more. Not in
my budget. So I have opted to plant bushes/trees that are well known as
screens. My budget is approx. $1000.

The three choices I like a
Leyland Cypress Trees
Arborvitae
Wax Myrtle

They are fast growing, and can withstand full sun. I am concerned with
how much watering I will have to do. Water is expensive here.

Monday (April 21) a landscaper will be visiting to give me his
suggestions. He says he has irrigation ideas that will save me money on
water, but I am concerned that the price for this will put me back in
the ballpark of the price for a fence."

Then in a further posting she said

" Now, I know I need to get other quotes, but all the nurseries give you
"their landscaper" for the actual planting. The other nursery that I
contacted gave me their landscaper number, and that landscaper told me
they charge $200 for their advice, BUT if I stay with the nursery that
are working for, the nursery would deduct that $200 from the price of
the trees."