Old 11-06-2014, 01:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Summer returns!

but for how long, we wonder! We have read two absolutely opposing
forecasts in two different papers. It makes us wonder how many Met.
offices there are! Today is glorious - really hot and sunny and just as
it should be in June.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 11-06-2014, 02:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 11 Jun 2014 13:09:48 +0100, sacha wrote:

but for how long, we wonder! We have read two absolutely opposing
forecasts in two different papers. It makes us wonder how many Met.
offices there are! Today is glorious - really hot and sunny and just as
it should be in June.

I was into weather forecasting once but have given up. It's far too
complex for humans and computers.

The most accurate forecaster in my garden is the breakfast bee. If it
makes an appearance by my breakfast time the weather is going to be
reasonable. If lots of bees come out by breakfast time then it will be
sunny for a hour or so.

Steve

--
Neural Network Software http://www.npsnn.com
EasyNN-plus More than just a neural network http://www.easynn.com

Old 11-06-2014, 02:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 11/06/2014 14:14, Stephen Wolstenholme wrote:
On Wed, 11 Jun 2014 13:09:48 +0100, sacha wrote:

but for how long, we wonder! We have read two absolutely opposing
forecasts in two different papers. It makes us wonder how many Met.
offices there are! Today is glorious - really hot and sunny and just as
it should be in June.

I was into weather forecasting once but have given up. It's far too
complex for humans and computers.

The most accurate forecaster in my garden is the breakfast bee. If it
makes an appearance by my breakfast time the weather is going to be
reasonable. If lots of bees come out by breakfast time then it will be
sunny for a hour or so.

Steve

Very heavy thundery rain showers yesterday, today a few sunny spells and
a strong breeze, not my idea of summer.
David
Old 11-06-2014, 09:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 11/06/2014 13:09, sacha wrote:
but for how long, we wonder! We have read two absolutely opposing
forecasts in two different papers. It makes us wonder how many Met.
offices there are! Today is glorious - really hot and sunny and just as
it should be in June.

Saturday forecast: Dry all day Sunday.

It waited until I was mowing the lawn before it started. So I put it
away, and checked the forecast.

Rain all day Monday, showers Tuesday. So when it had stopped I finished
the lawn, even though it was damp.

Monday? Not a drop all day.

Andy
Old 11-06-2014, 11:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2014-06-11 20:25:57 +0000, Vir Campestris said:

On 11/06/2014 13:09, sacha wrote:
but for how long, we wonder! We have read two absolutely opposing
forecasts in two different papers. It makes us wonder how many Met.
offices there are! Today is glorious - really hot and sunny and just as
it should be in June.

Saturday forecast: Dry all day Sunday.

It waited until I was mowing the lawn before it started. So I put it
away, and checked the forecast.

Rain all day Monday, showers Tuesday. So when it had stopped I finished
the lawn, even though it was damp.

Monday? Not a drop all day.

Andy

I do know it's not an exact science but I wish so much 'they' would
stop these idiotic forward by umpteen weeks forecasts. In reality,
'they' admit 5 days is a push. I'm beginning to think someone is
running a book at the Met office to see whose most ridiculous
pronouncement makes it into the media!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 12-06-2014, 08:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 11 Jun 2014 23:47:05 +0100, Sacha

On 2014-06-11 20:25:57 +0000, Vir Campestris said:

[...]

During the week leading up to last weekend, which was Whitsun, the forecast
were
for a wet weekend here. Despite which, we had a perfect Whitsun weekend. We
had
dramatic thunderstorms during Saturday night but otherwise it was hot and
sunny.
It still is. Harold Wilson shouldn't have messed around with holidays.
Whitsun
was almost always sunny in the 1940s, 1950s and 1960s.
--

Martin in Zuid Holland

www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE_IUPInEuc

We have wall to wall sunshine forecast for the foreseeable future but we
want this weather to go into July as we have a big Garden Party set up in
early July. We can, and have, held it indoors but it is much better off in
the gardens.

So if anybody is listening, nice and sunny please, but a few rainy nights to
keep the lawns green.

Mike

sig. to follow
Watch this space

Old 12-06-2014, 08:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Oh dear Andy :-(

That will open the flood gates now.

You just watch.

Mike

sig. to follow
Watch this space
"Vir Campestris" wrote in message
o.uk...

On 12/06/2014 08:34, 'Mike' wrote:

sig. to follow
Watch this space

Mike,

You put your entire post in Martin's signature. That dash-dash-space
line he has marks the beginning of his signature. I guess Live Mail
doesn't sort that out for you.

Andy

--
This is not a signature as it is preceded by two hyphens but no space

Old 12-06-2014, 09:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 11/06/2014 23:47, Sacha wrote:
On 2014-06-11 20:25:57 +0000, Vir Campestris said:

[...]

"They" said it would be sunny and hot and they were right, but I know
that Summer is here now as this afternoon I had 6 horseflys that were
aiming to feed off me.
Old 12-06-2014, 10:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2014-06-11 20:25:57 +0000, Vir Campestris said:

[...]

They were right today and I hope they'll be right for a long time. I
just wish they'd both agree AND stop telling us they know what's going
to happen for the next 6 or 8 weeks!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 13-06-2014, 07:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2014-06-11 20:25:57 +0000, Vir Campestris said:

[...]

Told you we were in for a scorcher of a Summer didn't I?

Mike

sig. to follow
Watch this space