Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23-05-2003, 12:08 PM
jane

Default Allotment Prices

On Fri, 23 May 2003 11:03:09 +0100,
(Jim W) wrote:

~Chris Norton wrote:
~
~ Good morning all,
~
~ Just wondering what allotment prices are like around the country.
~
~ Here in Boston, Lincs it`s a very reasonable £13.00 a year for a 10m x
~ 30m plot. How big that is in rods I have no idea.
~
~ As fair as I`m concerned one reasonable amount of Strawberries will
~ make me that up. Let alone the chance of a good crop of Asparagus.
~
~ There`s two crops that will cost vertually nothing to grow apart from
~ a bit of weeding.
~
~ Looking forward to another weekend of digging.
~
~Here we go again!-)
~
~25 quid here for 4 poles (rods) including rent and water according to my
~last bill.
~
~Take a look at:
~
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...48dee502f8492&
~seekm=acb03c%24n55%241%40news7.svr.pol.co.uk#link 1
~
~as this topic was covered in that thread
~1 rod is 272.251 sq ft or 10.76391042 sq metres.
~//
~Jim

So it was - I wasn't an urgler then however, and so I didn't get the
chance to chip in...
Here in Chesham it's I think £1.75 per pole, with typical plots of 10
poles.
I'm supposed to have (and am charged for) 5 poles, but it measures in
at 53'x23' which is 4.5 poles (48.2sq m using the above conversion).
This includes standpiped water with a prohibition on watering directly
using a hose. This is to prevent folk from leaving sprinklers on for
hours/overnight. We can however fill up our waterbutts using a hose,
so most of us do this.

You've got 27.8 rods so the equivalent at our prices would be about 50
quid. (That's a biiiig plot!)

Just makes me see how good value mine is. I reckon they're charging
inner city folks rent to compensate for them not selling it to
builders at horrendous profit.

--
jane

Mark Twain

Please remove onmaps (nospam backwards!) from replies, thanks!

[IBC] Good book prices Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 17-10-2003 02:12 AM
Playstation 2, XBox, GameCube Incredible Prices!! [email protected] Lawns 0 02-04-2003 06:32 AM
lawn care prices. sp500 Lawns 2 29-03-2003 02:32 PM
Offers quality plants at great prices, come see what we mean! NickRiggi Lawns 0 14-01-2003 01:05 PM
AD: Beautiful Tiffany Lamps at Super Affordable Prices! Michelle Liao Lawns 1 14-12-2002 05:56 AM