Old 31-05-2003, 05:44 PM
Ophelia

Default midsummers day

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Ophelia" contains these words:

Well if we are to have a vote

???????! This is urg, not some peaceloving democracy :-)

ROFL

Old 31-05-2003, 08:56 PM
Jo Ling

Ophelia wrote in message

"Jo Ling" wrote in message

Hang on if 21st June is the first day of summer, and 24th June is
mid-summers day, does this mean that we are officially admitting that

UK
summer is actually only 6 days long ???
Duncan

That's not as daft as it sounds. In Scotland Autumn lasts one day if

you're
lucky.

Are you here too? We had our summer in April

No, I escaped. Couldn't stand the climate: permafrost in Winter, rain in
Summer and nothing in between. I remember one particular year when it was
fine one minute; and then the leaves blew off the trees; and then we had six
months of semi-permanent darkness. Nooooo thanks! I live in Sussex now.

Jo

Old 01-06-2003, 06:56 AM
Ophelia

"Jo Ling" wrote in message news:3ed9077d_1@mk-nntp-

No, I escaped. Couldn't stand the climate: permafrost in Winter, rain in
Summer and nothing in between. I remember one particular year when it was
fine one minute; and then the leaves blew off the trees; and then we had

six
months of semi-permanent darkness. Nooooo thanks! I live in Sussex now.

I can't wait till we move down to Yorkshire.. It is my home anyway and not
quite so cold
The first year I moved here (been here around 18 years for work) it rained
every single day! I was almost screaming to go home and I couldn't get
anything growing. I am more used to it now of course but it still catches
me out

Old 01-06-2003, 03:44 PM
Jo Ling

I can't wait till we move down to Yorkshire.. It is my home anyway and

not
quite so cold
The first year I moved here (been here around 18 years for work) it rained
every single day

I think I remember that year! That was the second year I lived in Crawley!
It was pretty grotty here, too.

Old 01-06-2003, 06:56 PM
Ophelia

"Jo Ling" wrote in message

I can't wait till we move down to Yorkshire.. It is my home anyway and

not
quite so cold
The first year I moved here (been here around 18 years for work) it

rained
every single day

I think I remember that year! That was the second year I lived in

Crawley!
It was pretty grotty here, too.

You are just saying that to make me feel better)