Old 11-09-2003, 05:32 PM
Kay Easton

Default Articles on my site

In article , anne
writes

Jane Ransom wrote in message
In article , anne
writes

I hang around because you are infact a very knowledgeable bunch. However,
that doesn't make you poilte, approachable or friendly which is a shame.

Have just read this post of yours.

Are you *really* implying that everyone on this group, apart from
yourself of course, is impolite, unapproachable and unfriendly?

If so, I think you must have very different ideas of what is friendly,
approachable and polite from what most people in this group have.

friendly, polite smile Perhaps I may suggest you would be better off
in a group other than this one /friendly, polite smile!!!!!!!!!

Or perhaps your post was, in fact, just a troll??????????
--

No, not all Jane and I'm certainly not about to name anyone. Great, just
because I disagree with something I become a troll? Nice logic Jane.

No, not because you disagree with something, but because you posted
something which could be read (as Jane did) to say that we were all
unapproachable, unfriendly and impolite.

Since many of us put time into this ng answering questions, not to make
ourselves look big, but to be helpful, that's quite a hurtful comment if
we took it to heart and inflammatory if we didn't.

Are you same who posted

"For the guy who doesn't read top postings (was some bloody foreigner I
think - even worse than a middle class brit) then you are definitely up
yourself... this is UK gardening... a pleasant passtime?!"

and
"and I TOP POSTED just to annoy the petty, moaning, boring, unbelievably
tedious midddle class shites who complain about top posting - find a
*real*
problem to complain about please and get a life while you're at it."

if you're not, then apologies, since my reaction to you has been
coloured by posts like that.

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
Old 11-09-2003, 07:13 PM
anne

Franz Heymann wrote in message

"anne" wrote in message

Jane Ransom wrote in message
In article , anne
writes
I feel a little bit offended to say the
least that you think I'm a fella!

How can you be sure Mike Crowe *is* a fella????

--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.
but if you need to email me for any other reason,

Erm... Mike, Michael? This is a bloke's name isn't it?

A late sister-in-law of mine was christened Alfons.
I had an aunt who was christened Rudolphina. My grandfather was desperate
to have his name propagated, but between him and my grandmother they
succeeded only in producing 6 daughters.

Franz

Franz

Point taken Franz, but the odds that this particular Mike was male, were
pretty high I think!

Old 11-09-2003, 07:13 PM
anne

mike no spam@no spam.com wrote in message

"anne" wrote in message

Jane Ransom wrote in message
In article , anne
writes
I feel a little bit offended to say the
least that you think I'm a fella!

How can you be sure Mike Crowe *is* a fella????

--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.
but if you need to email me for any other reason,
put jandg dot demon dot co dot uk where you see deadspam.com

Erm... Mike, Michael? This is a bloke's name isn't it?

Yes Anne, Mike is a bloke's name and I am proud to say I am Mike Crowe and
am very definitely male and well respected to boot by many in the ex armed
services association world. Get in touch with the Ministry of Defence on a
Royal Navy or Royal Air Force related matter on 'those who have served'

and
you will more than likely be referred to me. And should you hapen to be in
Paris and make an enquiry at the British Embassy, they they too will refer
you to me.

Not much liked by those who feel that they 'Rule urg' such as barraclough
who is only able to shower insults on anyone who does not fit the 'nice

and
friendy' mould as you have found out.

You are in possibly the 3rd most friendly newsgroup which I visit,
uk.people.ex-forces and uk.people.silversurfers being the fore runners in
the 'come and visit us, and welcome' stakes.

As no doubt you will have discovered, there is a terrific amount of
knowledge in this newsgroup and not many questions go unanswered.

As the snipers will now come back and tell you I am not a gardener, but my
wife Joan is and we have had great fun as a result of the cammaraderie and
interchange on this newsgroup. For example sacha offered some seeds

earlier
in the year from a 'garden near her'. I sent our snail mail address and
received a packet. A packet of unknowns, (named some sacha but I think

Joan
is still mystyfied with some, but emailing Iris and comparing notes!)

Another plus was the information we were able to receive from the

newsgroup
about Great Dixter and Christopher Lloyd House and gardens, which as a
result, Joan was able to go there and meet Christopher. He took her in the
potting shed!!!!!! (To sign a book of his and wish her a Happy Birthday)

So anne 99% friendly and helpful. Just beware of the Rockweilers and
'owners' of the newsgroup. Try your killfile on those you don't like and

are
anti you!!

To the 'owners'.
Don't bother to fire back at me, it will of course prove the point I have
made I know, but I won't be here to read it :-)) I am just about to leave
for a cruise in the Adriatic :-))

Postcards from Joan and Mike will be sent to the newsgroup, but as always
with postcards from holidays abroad, we will return before they arrive :-(

Well Mike, that pretty much clears it up for me, thanks. It's just a case of
working out who the old sticks in the mud are and I'm learning quite a lot
at the moment. I always knew I wasn't the only one getting p****d off with
some of the attitudes in here.

Old 11-09-2003, 07:13 PM
anne

Kay Easton wrote in message
[...]

I certainly am the same Anne. I was getting my point across in a similar way
that Janet Baraclough does (very offensively) but I'm not as educated as
she, so it just looks worse :-)

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:

Old 11-09-2003, 07:13 PM
martin

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 14:11:53 +0100, "anne"
wrote:

martin wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 23:30:42 +0100, Janet Baraclough
wrote:

The message
from Victoria Clare contains these words:

It's horrible if Anne thinks she can't pile in and talk about something
just because she doesn't know much about it.

It would be if it were true, but it's perfectly clear from her
performance in this thread that Anne has absolutely no such inhibitions
or modest qualms. Her main contribution to the group seems to be sniping
at the regulars, running the group down in public to newbies; and
painting herself as the innocent victim of a secret gang.

Reminds me of Mike Crowe in drag.

Perhaps Anne is Mike Crowe in drag? Hello Sailor!

Don't you start Martin!

I've always admired Wrens :-)

--
Martin

Old 12-09-2003, 12:55 AM
anne

Franz Heymann wrote in message

"Kay Easton" wrote in message
In article , anne

[snip]

Are you same who posted

"For the guy who doesn't read top postings (was some bloody foreigner I
think - even worse than a middle class brit) then you are definitely up
yourself... this is UK gardening... a pleasant passtime?!"

Indeed the lady is the same. I am the bloody foreigner to whom she
referred. I would like to apologise to her for my frightful name, and

would
like her to know that I have been a British subject for longer than she

has
been one, unless she is even older than I am.

And yes, top posting is still not very public spirited.

and
"and I TOP POSTED just to annoy the petty, moaning, boring, unbelievably
tedious midddle class shites who complain about top posting - find a
*real*
problem to complain about please and get a life while you're at it."

That would the lady as a troll.
I am now quite sorry that I have tried in a number of posts to convince

her
that this ng is inhabited by a very friendly group of folk. Truths like
that are obviously not of any interest to her.

Franz Heymann the bloody foreigner

Why does what I say above "quite properly define" me as a troll? Also Franz,
we went through a conversation re this at the time and it was sorted or so I
thought. Quite a few people lose their rag at times in here, that certainly
doesn't make them a troll. If I was interested in doing so, I could probably
search for posts on google and copy them out here, out of context, and make
the person who wrote them look pretty bad also.

Old 12-09-2003, 09:24 AM
Franz Heymann

"Kay Easton" wrote in message
[...]

Now please be a good girl and post statements or questions about gardening
and similar topics, and all will be forgiven at the drop of a pin.

Franz

Old 12-09-2003, 09:32 AM
Kay Easton

In article , anne
writes

Why does what I say above "quite properly define" me as a troll? Also Franz,
we went through a conversation re this at the time and it was sorted or so I
thought. Quite a few people lose their rag at times in here, that certainly
doesn't make them a troll. If I was interested in doing so, I could probably
search for posts on google and copy them out here, out of context, and make
the person who wrote them look pretty bad also.

Anne, I don't believe you are a troll - I don't believe you are posting
purely for the fun of stirring up hostile reactions.

On the other hand I find comments like the ones I quoted quite
offensive, in that you are not reacting strongly specifically to the
person who has annoyed you, but applying a set of abusive terms to a
whole group of people.

You may not have intended your diatribe to have been aimed at me, and
yet, as a member of the middle classes, I feel you are describing me
*personally* as petty, moaning, boring, unbelievably tedious and shite.
You are quite entitled to your opinion of course, but I am equally
entitled to my opinion that you have not shown goodwill towards me, and
therefore I am not overly concerned about your complaint that I am not
friendly to you.
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
Old 13-09-2003, 12:22 AM
Jeff Taylor

In article , Jane Ransom
writes
In article , anne
writes

I hang around because you are infact a very knowledgeable bunch. However,
that doesn't make you poilte, approachable or friendly which is a shame.

Have just read this post of yours.

Are you *really* implying that everyone on this group, apart from
yourself of course, is impolite, unapproachable and unfriendly?

If so, I think you must have very different ideas of what is friendly,
approachable and polite from what most people in this group have.

friendly, polite smile Perhaps I may suggest you would be better off
in a group other than this one /friendly, polite smile!!!!!!!!!

Or perhaps your post was, in fact, just a troll??????????

Well you certainly don't seem very friendly!!
--
Jon Taylor