Old 11-10-2003, 06:03 PM
Jim

Default Surplus pots...

I live in Bristol and have about 12 medium-large patio pots
in various shapes and materials (mostly plastic), that I no
longer want. What's the best way to make sure they go to a
good home (a gardener who won't mind collecting them still
full of soil! I have a very small garden with no odd corners
to tip out that much stuff... ) Any suggestions welcome...
Old 11-10-2003, 07:12 PM
Jim W

Jim wrote:

I live in Bristol and have about 12 medium-large patio pots
in various shapes and materials (mostly plastic), that I no
longer want. What's the best way to make sure they go to a
good home (a gardener who won't mind collecting them still
full of soil! I have a very small garden with no odd corners
to tip out that much stuff... ) Any suggestions welcome...

What is medium large? (like, can we have a diameter? height mebbe?)

Try local allotments, Horticultural societies, or city farm?

Windmill Hill City Farm - Bristol Local Business Directory
http://www.touchbristol.com/comdir/cditem.cfm/1845578
Saturday, October 11, 2003

Windmill Hill City Farm
Address: Philip Street
Bedminster
BRISTOL,
Avon
BS3 4EA

Phone: 01179633252

//
Jim
Old 11-10-2003, 10:12 PM
bnd777

"Jim" wrote in message
I live in Bristol and have about 12 medium-large patio pots
in various shapes and materials (mostly plastic), that I no
longer want. What's the best way to make sure they go to a
good home (a gardener who won't mind collecting them still
full of soil! I have a very small garden with no odd corners
to tip out that much stuff... ) Any suggestions welcome...

How about contacting the local Horticultural or Allotment society .....one
of their members will no doubt be glad to have them

Old 12-10-2003, 07:02 AM
Sad Sid

"Jim W" wrote in message
news:1g2oiis.1d44o9k1a2ogsgN%00senetnospamtodayta@ macunlimited.net...
Jim wrote:

I live in Bristol and have about 12 medium-large patio pots
in various shapes and materials (mostly plastic), that I no
longer want. What's the best way to make sure they go to a
good home (a gardener who won't mind collecting them still
full of soil! I have a very small garden with no odd corners
to tip out that much stuff... ) Any suggestions welcome...

Advertise them for fee in Adtrader - you can place your ad at
http://www.adtrader.co.uk/ and it will be published in your local area copy
of adtrader the following Wednesday. They will allocate a re-direct
telephone number, so your own home 'phone is never published.

Old 12-10-2003, 11:02 AM
Pam Moore

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 16:45:39 GMT, Jim
wrote:

I live in Bristol and have about 12 medium-large patio pots
in various shapes and materials (mostly plastic), that I no
longer want. What's the best way to make sure they go to a
good home (a gardener who won't mind collecting them still
full of soil! I have a very small garden with no odd corners
to tip out that much stuff... ) Any suggestions welcome...

S** it! I've just bought several more or I'd have bought them from
you being near, but I would not have wanted the soil! My garden
must be rising gradually with all the old compost I dump on it. Oh
well, good luck!

Pam in Bristol

Old 12-10-2003, 11:12 AM
Pam Moore

wrote:

I live in Bristol and have about 12 medium-large patio pots
in various shapes and materials (mostly plastic), that I no
longer want.

try Ebay. You may have heard that someone just sold a bucket of
Bristol water for £250. It started as a joke but got serious. Money
to charity and Bristol Water promised another £200
You could offer pots of used Bristol compost!

Pam in Bristol
Old 13-10-2003, 08:02 AM
Jim

Thanks for all those suggestions folks - I'm try to find
someone who has an allotment, and if not, I could alway sell
a package deal of 12 garden pots plus a six pack of bottled
Bristol air on eBay....

Cheers,

Jim
Old 14-10-2003, 11:22 AM
Kate Morgan

Thanks for all those suggestions folks - I'm try to find
someone who has an allotment, and if not, I could alway sell
a package deal of 12 garden pots plus a six pack of bottled
Bristol air on eBay....

We put our muck heap on ebay but no one wanted it. It is now rotting
down and is going to be luverly stuff:-)
kate
Old 14-10-2003, 12:42 PM
martin

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 11:20:55 +0100, Kate Morgan
wrote:

Thanks for all those suggestions folks - I'm try to find
someone who has an allotment, and if not, I could alway sell
a package deal of 12 garden pots plus a six pack of bottled
Bristol air on eBay....

We put our muck heap on ebay but no one wanted it.

You left out "Purchaser can keep priceless lost wedding ring, if he
finds it"

--
Martin
Old 14-10-2003, 01:02 PM
Kate Morgan

We put our muck heap on ebay but no one wanted it.

You left out "Purchaser can keep priceless lost wedding ring, if he
finds it"

LOL, I like that one :-)