Old 31-10-2003, 10:12 PM
Kay Easton

Default what am i doing wrong

In article , Tumbleweed
writes
"anita" wrote in message
ws.com...
snip
you don't know of any seeds i can sow now
it is just the children are taking an interest and i don't want to
disappoint them , (5yrs old)

Well, its bulb season now, including hyacinths , which you can grow in those
special glass jars where you can see the roots. And then there are those
really big bulbs (amaryllis?) which can grow as high as a 3 or 4 year old.
Its the right time of year for them and they are indoor plants, we used to
buy those for our kids at Xmas but I would think you can buy them now.
You could also try germinating the everyday seeds such as apple and orange
pips, avocados, dates, etc. Do a google you'll find germinating
instructions. Its probably the wrong time of year for these as well, but
they will at least germinate in the warmth of an airing cupboard or similar.

Grow beansprouts indoors - 3 to 4 days from sowing to eating.

Try a 'jungle' - Saucer, damp kitchen paper. A couple of carrot or
parsnip tops, some mustard and cress seeds, mung beans, any other seeds
you have around. For fun, add a plastic dinosaur or two and watch the
jungle grow over their heads.
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
Old 31-10-2003, 10:22 PM

"Jim Paterson" wrote in message
:
: "anita" wrote in message
: s.com...
: Hello everyone
:
: I have a question, I am TRYING to grow seeds in cold frame, the plants
: are growing ok but some kind of moss is growing in all the trays also,
: am i over watering or something, i am new to gardening to it is all
: learn as i go, also can i buy mulch at garden centres.
: --
: anita
: Anita X
: ------------------------------------------------------------------------
:
: Anita, we never do anything WRONG in the garden. What we do is gain
: experience.
: My sweetpeas which normally get sown around 10th October will be rather
: later this year but they are going in nevertheless even if it is mid
: November. Out in the cold frame.
: Jim or to go back to my old signature, Jim 2

Welcome back, Jim 2. We haven't seen you for a while have we?

Old 01-11-2003, 12:32 AM
Jim W

K wrote:

: Welcome to URG..
: While you're here take a looka the the FAQ's he
: http://www.tmac.clara.co.uk/urgring/urgfaqs.htm
:
: and look out for the ABC thats posted here regularly.

Jim, sorry to butt in, but I haven't seen the ABC for ages now, possibly
since I changed isp. It could be that others are not seeing it either. Is
it a possibility that some isps don't post it or something, or is there
another reason?

K (the original one)

Well I saw it the other week!-)
/
Jim
Old 01-11-2003, 12:22 PM

"Jim W" wrote in message
news:1g3pydx.m4ewtj1glcrouN%00senetnospamtodayta@m acunlimited.net...
: K wrote:
:
: : Welcome to URG..
: : While you're here take a looka the the FAQ's he
: : http://www.tmac.clara.co.uk/urgring/urgfaqs.htm
: :
: : and look out for the ABC thats posted here regularly.
:
: Jim, sorry to butt in, but I haven't seen the ABC for ages now, possibly
: since I changed isp. It could be that others are not seeing it either.
Is
: it a possibility that some isps don't post it or something, or is there
: another reason?
:
: K (the original one)
:
:
: Well I saw it the other week!-)
: /
: Jim

I'm with blueyonder. I wonder if other BY subscribers are getting it.

Old 01-11-2003, 02:12 PM
Jane Ransom

In article 1g3pydx.m4ewtj1glcrouN%00senetnospamtodayta@macun limited.net
, Jim W writes

Well I saw it the other week!-)

Thems wot don't want to, generally, . . . . . don't!!!!!!!!!

--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.

Old 01-11-2003, 03:23 PM

"Jane Ransom" wrote in message
: In article 1g3pydx.m4ewtj1glcrouN%00senetnospamtodayta@macun limited.net
: , Jim W writes
:
: Well I saw it the other week!-)
:
: Thems wot don't want to, generally, . . . . . don't!!!!!!!!!
:
: --
: Jane Ransom in Lancaster.
: I won't respond to private emails that are on topic for urg
: but if you need to email me for any other reason, put ransoms
: at jandg dot demon dot co dot uk where you see
:
I do want to see it although I don't need to see it.
That's why I asked as others may not have seen it either.
I can't help it if it's not being posted here. I know I can look on
google - others may not.

Old 01-11-2003, 03:43 PM
Jim W

Jane Ransom wrote:

In article 1g3pydx.m4ewtj1glcrouN%00senetnospamtodayta@macun limited.net
, Jim W writes

Well I saw it the other week!-)

Thems wot don't want to, generally, . . . . . don't!!!!!!!!!

T'was posted last night.. You should be able to see my followup to it
as well???

//

Jim
Old 01-11-2003, 04:02 PM
Jim W

K wrote:

"Jane Ransom" wrote in message
: In article 1g3pydx.m4ewtj1glcrouN%00senetnospamtodayta@macun limited.net
: , Jim W writes
:
: Well I saw it the other week!-)
:
: Thems wot don't want to, generally, . . . . . don't!!!!!!!!!
:
: --
: Jane Ransom in Lancaster.
: I won't respond to private emails that are on topic for urg
: but if you need to email me for any other reason, put ransoms
: at jandg dot demon dot co dot uk where you see
:
I do want to see it although I don't need to see it.
That's why I asked as others may not have seen it either.
I can't help it if it's not being posted here. I know I can look on
google - others may not.

Tis being posted here.. If you can't see it then its YOUR ISP you need
to shout at & threaten with a big stick;-))
/
Jim
Old 01-11-2003, 04:13 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from "K" contains these words:

: Jim, sorry to butt in, but I haven't seen the ABC for ages now, possibly
: since I changed isp. It could be that others are not seeing it either.
Is
: it a possibility that some isps don't post it or something, or is there
: another reason?
I'm with blueyonder. I wonder if other BY subscribers are getting it.

The ABC turned up today as usual, K. My isp weeds out spammed adverts,
but evidently doesn't identify endless repetitions of the ABC as such.
Possibly yours does? Or your newsreader settings do?

Janet

Old 01-11-2003, 05:13 PM
Jane Ransom

In article , K
writes

I can't help it if it's not being posted here.

But, you see, it *is* being posted here, and at regular intervals too.
Are you quite sure you haven't inadvertently put a block on it somewhere
in your options?
--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.

Old 01-11-2003, 06:02 PM

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
: The message
: from "K" contains these words:
:
: : Jim, sorry to butt in, but I haven't seen the ABC for ages now,
possibly
: : since I changed isp. It could be that others are not seeing it
either.
: Is
: : it a possibility that some isps don't post it or something, or is
there
: : another reason?
: I'm with blueyonder. I wonder if other BY subscribers are getting it.
:
: The ABC turned up today as usual, K. My isp weeds out spammed adverts,
: but evidently doesn't identify endless repetitions of the ABC as such.
: Possibly yours does? Or your newsreader settings do?
:
: Janet
:
Ah! I think I've solved it. I have a rule for posts exceeding 65 lines -
that's probably why!

Old 01-11-2003, 06:02 PM

"Jane Ransom" wrote in message
: In article , K
: writes
:
: I can't help it if it's not being posted here.
:
: But, you see, it *is* being posted here, and at regular intervals too.
: Are you quite sure you haven't inadvertently put a block on it somewhere
: in your options?
: --
: Jane Ransom in Lancaster.
: I won't respond to private emails that are on topic for urg
: but if you need to email me for any other reason, put ransoms
: at jandg dot demon dot co dot uk where you see
:
Just looked at my rules again and I've set one for posts exceeding 65 lines
so that must be the answer.
Thanks

Old 01-11-2003, 06:22 PM
Franz Heymann

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "K" contains these words:

: Jim, sorry to butt in, but I haven't seen the ABC for ages now,

possibly
: since I changed isp. It could be that others are not seeing it

either.
Is
: it a possibility that some isps don't post it or something, or is

there
: another reason?
I'm with blueyonder. I wonder if other BY subscribers are getting it.

The ABC turned up today as usual, K. My isp weeds out spammed adverts,
but evidently doesn't identify endless repetitions of the ABC as such.
Possibly yours does? Or your newsreader settings do?

The spam which, according to you, your ISP is weeding, is from your email.
Usenet is an entirely different internet activity.
How did you manage to persuade your ISP to remove spam? A few days ago we
had a discussion in which some folk maintained that such an arrangement was
illegal, since both sender and receiver were supposed to agree that the ISP
may do a bit of cleaning up.

Franz

Old 01-11-2003, 06:22 PM
martin

On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 18:17:44 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

[...]

What they maintained was based on none sense. Ask about it on
uk.net.news.c and you will find that what I said at the time was
correct.
--
Martin
Old 01-11-2003, 08:02 PM
Jane Ransom

In article , K
writes
:
Just looked at my rules again and I've set one for posts exceeding 65 lines
so that must be the answer.

Know the feeling!!
I once did something similar

--