Old 15-12-2003, 04:38 PM
martin

Default Is the fox a pest ? the lie exposed

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 10:05:52 -0000, "D Russell"
wrote:

"D Russell" wrote in message

Wel I will reply to my own post since so many of you people seem to enjoy
assigning human traits to animals.

snip

I have to admit it's conversations like this, with apparently "thinking"
people that make me despair for nature and wildlife in general.

You have only yourself to blame :-)
--
Martin
Old 15-12-2003, 08:14 PM
Michael Saunby

"D Russell" wrote in message

I guess from the majority of responses my original post got that the rest

of
you simply won't be happy until the world has no predators left.

Would it matter? They probably kill far fewer people or livestock than
parasites do.

In truth though nobody is advocating removing foxes from the UK, never mind
the planet!

Though I expect if folks were advocating controlling tapeworms and lice you
would - perhaps quite rightly - leap to their defense too.

There is, I'm sure, no desire to eliminate foxes, only to control them,
likewise for rats, mosquitoes, HIV, and the rest. Today "biodiversity" is
king and it's just a matter of keeping things in balance.

Michael Saunby