Old 07-01-2004, 07:28 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Got me seeds today

The message
from "Martin Sykes" contains
these words:

PS. I always forget, is a tomato a vegetable or a fruit?

You'll have to ask the EC.

Apparently, carrots are now fruit.....

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

Old 07-01-2004, 07:41 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
"Martin Sykes" writes:

| I guess this implies that saying there isn't enough light early in the
| season is an over-simplification. It would be better to say that there is
| just less light so for each plant to have enough, they need to be planted
| further apart. I suppose this applies to a lot of other veg as well?

Yes, no and yes, respectively. Planting them further apart is NOT
enough - you must also not let them grow too fast. Normal modern
house temperatures are too high, for a start.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 07-01-2004, 07:55 PM
Nick Maclaren

Old 07-01-2004, 09:42 PM
Anne Jackson

The message
from Jaques d'Alltrades contains
these words:

The message
from Anne Jackson contains these words:

I have a redundant sunbed in the attic. Could the light problem be
overcome,
if I was to rig that up and bypass the automatic time control?

If you substituted daylight bulbs/tubes, I expect so. What are you
thinking of growing? Cacti? Olives? Merulas?

Texas Bluebonnets.

--
AnneJ
ICQ #:- 119531282