Old 14-03-2004, 04:04 AM
Steve @ The UK Speedtrap Guide

Default Rhubarb

"Janet Baraclough.." wrote in message
The message
from "Alan Holmes" contains these

words:

"Janet Baraclough.." wrote in

message

There's a large and worthwhile difference between just bunging

rhubarb
in soil, and planting it on top of a deep hole filled with old leather
shoes, wooly jumpers, weeds and manure. The stalks on deep-fed plants
are longer, more prolific, tender and pink, and taste better.

I wish you had said that _before_ I planted mine!

I found that out after I dug up and transplanted a very old rhubarb
patch, which transformed it. You could start saving bones, shoes,
woolly jumpers etc now, and replant your rhubarb next autumn.

Janet.

Just a thought but all this talk of cats, got me thinking..... after seeing
this,

Woolly = Cat
Bones = Cat
Leather = Cat hide

Sorry... I do like cats really..

Steve

Old 14-03-2004, 04:16 AM
shazzbat

SNIP

Just a thought but all this talk of cats, got me thinking..... after

seeing
this,

Woolly = Cat
Bones = Cat
Leather = Cat hide

Sorry... I do like cats really..

Steve

Yeah, right.

So, if someone(not me, honest) were to trash the cat, bung it under the
rhubarb, improve the rhubarb, then give some of the rhubarb to the cat's
owners.........

Old 14-03-2004, 04:17 AM
Mary Fisher

"shazzbat" wrote in message

SNIP

Just a thought but all this talk of cats, got me thinking..... after

seeing
this,

Woolly = Cat
Bones = Cat
Leather = Cat hide

Sorry... I do like cats really..

Steve

Yeah, right.

So, if someone(not me, honest) were to trash the cat, bung it under the
rhubarb, improve the rhubarb, then give some of the rhubarb to the cat's
owners.........

Give?

They'd enjoy it so much you could sell it.

Mary

Old 14-03-2004, 04:21 AM
shazzbat

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
et...

"shazzbat" wrote in message

SNIP

Just a thought but all this talk of cats, got me thinking..... after

seeing
this,

Woolly = Cat
Bones = Cat
Leather = Cat hide

Sorry... I do like cats really..

Steve

Yeah, right.

So, if someone(not me, honest) were to trash the cat, bung it under the
rhubarb, improve the rhubarb, then give some of the rhubarb to the cat's
owners.........

Give?

They'd enjoy it so much you could sell it.

Mary

True. Silly me :-))

Old 14-03-2004, 04:37 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Janet Baraclough.. contains
these words:

I wish you had said that _before_ I planted mine!

I found that out after I dug up and transplanted a very old rhubarb
patch, which transformed it. You could start saving bones, shoes,
woolly jumpers etc now, and replant your rhubarb next autumn.

Much better to prepare the bed and then take a scion off the established
one, leaving the rest in place.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/