Old 01-02-2004, 09:47 AM
martin

Default RFD: uk.rec.gardening.allotments

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 22:19:19 -0000, "shazzbat"
wrote:

I really don't see a problem letting us Allotment people get on with
trying to form our own "corner of the room" to talk about all things
Allotments.

How very divisive and exclusive that sounds.

Janet

So come and join us. You'll be welcome.

The point is that we are joined.

--
Martin
Old 04-02-2004, 10:03 AM
Gary Poston

Just to bring this back to the top -
Thanks to everyone that have made there point on the proposed
[RFD] uk.rec.gardening.allotments, if anyone has any ideas, thoughts,
or suggestions please don't hesitate to share them.

Regards

Gary Poston
Proponent: uk.rec.gardening.allotments

ALL DISCUSSION MUST TAKE PLACE IN UK.NET.NEWS.CONFIG

Old 05-02-2004, 06:37 PM
Janet Baraclough ..

The message
from "Gary Poston" contains these words:

Just to bring this back to the top -
Thanks to everyone that have made there point on the proposed
[RFD] uk.rec.gardening.allotments, if anyone has any ideas, thoughts,
or suggestions please don't hesitate to share them.

Regards

Gary Poston
Proponent: uk.rec.gardening.allotments

ALL DISCUSSION MUST TAKE PLACE IN UK.NET.NEWS.CONFIG

The message
from "Gary Poston" contains these words:

Just to bring this back to the top -
Thanks to everyone that have made there point on the proposed
[RFD] uk.rec.gardening.allotments, if anyone has any ideas, thoughts,
or suggestions please don't hesitate to share them.
Regards
Gary Poston
Proponent: uk.rec.gardening.allotments

ALL DISCUSSION MUST TAKE PLACE IN UK.NET.NEWS.CONFIG

Several people have asked you why you have never taken part in the
allotment discussions which regularly take place in uk.rec.gardening.
Since your RFD a variety of new allotment discussions and questions have
arisen in urg, again without any participation or apparent interest from
you.

I would be interested in hearing an answer to that question.

(also posted in unnc).

Janet.

Old 25-02-2004, 06:03 AM
Real name

x-no-archive: yes
Derek Turner wrote:

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 20:55:24 +0000, Gary Poston
wrote:

REQUEST FOR DISCUSSION (RFD)

This is a formal Request For Discussion (RFD) for the following changes
in the uk.* Usenet hierarchy:

create unmoderated newsgroup uk.rec.gardening.allotments

It may interest u.r.g members (and others) to know that (according to
Google) the proponent has NEVER contributed to the parent group!

You don't have to contribute to a newsgroup to post a related RFD.

--
Don't waste your energy typing long paragraphs I won't read. Brevity is best!

Old 25-02-2004, 08:16 AM
Franz Heymann

"Real name" wrote in message
x-no-archive: yes

wrote:

REQUEST FOR DISCUSSION (RFD)

This is a formal Request For Discussion (RFD) for the following changes
in the uk.* Usenet hierarchy:

create unmoderated newsgroup uk.rec.gardening.allotments

It may interest u.r.g members (and others) to know that (according to
Google) the proponent has NEVER contributed to the parent group!

You don't have to contribute to a newsgroup to post a related RFD.

On the other hand, if the proponent had posted to urg he would have
discovered that his post would have been welcome , and that there are
knowledgeable folk in urg with whom he could have held discussions.

My impression is quite strongly that the proponent is simply trying to do a
modicum of empire building.

Franz

Old 25-02-2004, 11:17 PM
Wm...

Wed, 25 Feb 2004 20:30:33
uk.net.news.config Gary Poston

Franz:
My impression is quite strongly that the proponent is simply trying
to do a modicum of empire building.

Let me get one thing straight with you, I'm NOT a troll OR am I empire
building. Its not like I'm going to get paid for starting a new newsgroup.
What im trying to do is bring Allotment Holders together so we can discuss
Allotments.

Which you failed to do as far as I can see.

--
Wm ...
Old 25-02-2004, 11:17 PM
I KRUSTOV

uk.net.news.config , Gary Poston ,

Wed, 25 Feb 2004 20:30:33 -0000

I'm NOT a troll

I am - do you require a tutorial to help you become one ? .

http://fluffy.port5.com
Old 25-02-2004, 11:17 PM
Wm...

Wed, 25 Feb 2004 21:06:58
uk.net.news.config I
KRUSTOV

uk.net.news.config , Gary Poston ,

Wed, 25 Feb 2004 20:30:33 -0000

I'm NOT a troll

I am - do you require a tutorial to help you become one ? .

I found that strangely amusing.
--
Wm ...

Old 25-02-2004, 11:17 PM
Wm...

Wed, 25 Feb 2004 21:06:58
uk.net.news.config I
KRUSTOV

Old 26-02-2004, 11:35 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Gary Poston" contains these words:

Franz,
Let me get one thing straight with you, I'm NOT a troll OR am I empire
building. Its not like I'm going to get paid for starting a new newsgroup.
What im trying to do is bring Allotment Holders together so we can discuss
Allotments.

I really don't see a problem with that Franz

No problem with getting allotmenteers together, but they seem to be
pretty thick on the ground in urg as it is, and I don't see any
segregation or victimisation - quite the reverse.

FWIW I agree with all Franz's views. Including the empire-building bit.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

Old 26-02-2004, 12:22 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from I KRUSTOV contains these words:
uk.net.news.config , Gary Poston ,

Wed, 25 Feb 2004 20:30:33 -0000

I'm NOT a troll

I am - do you require a tutorial to help you become one ? .

He's doing very nicely without any help - with tuition in the art of
terollerollery he'd lose a lot of his disruptive potential.

http://fluffy.port5.com

Hmmm. Must do better. Only three heads on one troll is *NOT* much of a
distinction.