Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 31-01-2004, 02:37 PM
Mel

Default Climbers from Seed

My newish fence desperately needs to be clothed in greenery. I've planted
hardy wall shrubs such as pyracantha, quince, ceonanthus, jasmine,
passiflora and clematis, but they're all still far too small to hide the
fence.

So, in the meantime I want mega-fast-growing plants to cover the fence this
year.

I'll be growing the plants from seeds, so I don't mind if they're annual. I
prefer pink, purple or blue flowery things.

I've chosen some fairly unusual, tender seeds, so can anyone tell me if
these plants will (a) cover my fence this year and (b) even grow here in NW
England?

Rhodochiton
Billardiera
Akebia
Asarina
Eccremocarpus
Cobaea
Ipomea

Or any other recommendations for mega-fast, cover-the-fence-this-summer
climbers?

Many thanks.

climbers heidi Roses 3 30-03-2003 02:32 AM
Climbers Jeanne Stockdale United Kingdom 2 10-03-2003 09:33 PM
Climbers on Fence Jack United Kingdom 5 09-02-2003 02:37 PM
Red & White Climbers climbing iceberg Radika Kesavan Roses 1 27-01-2003 10:09 AM
child friendly climbers ellio United Kingdom 8 22-11-2002 06:11 PM