Old 05-02-2004, 06:45 PM
martin

Default Mail order vegetable plants??? If so, where?

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 19:25:07 -0000, "David W.E. Roberts"
wrote:

"martin" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 12:24:48 +0000, Victoria Clare
wrote:

Nick Wagg wrote in news:401F62C4.DDC8DFB9
:

"David W.E. Roberts" wrote:

However Google (especially with all these subsidiary search sites

which
crowd the top of the list and just echo your search and pretend they

can
give you answers) is proving especially unhelpful.

snip
Via HDRA site
http://www.organiccatalog.com
--

Martin
you have posted this URL twice, but as far as I can see it only offers

potatoes onions shallots garlic
--
Martin
Old 05-02-2004, 06:46 PM
Sarah Dale

On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 18:27:40 +0000, David W.E. Roberts wrote:
So what I would like to do is order plants of a chosen variety from a
nursery (or nurseries) over the Internet and have them delivered at the
correct time for planting them outside.

Marshalls do a limited amount of vegetable plug plants IIRC. They do ahve
a web site.

sarah
Old 05-02-2004, 06:46 PM
jane

~
~Marshalls do a limited amount of vegetable plug plants IIRC. They do ahve
~a web site.

Unfortunately it's been under redevelopment for about 6 months now and
hasn't shown any signs of coming back to life.

Pity. They used to have a good one about 3 years ago, then took off
all the plant descriptions/online stuff and just had a plain 'request
a catalogue' page, with no online ordering, and now nothing at all.

(Having said that, you can still get at all the old plant info by
using the internet wayback machine!)

--
jane

Mark Twain

Old 05-02-2004, 06:46 PM
David W.E. Roberts

"martin" wrote in message
snip
snip
Via HDRA site
http://www.organiccatalog.com
--

Martin
you have posted this URL twice, but as far as I can see it only offers
seeds.
Am I missing something on the site?

potatoes onions shallots garlic
--

O.K. - the OP was about tomatoes, peppers, chilis so perhaps I should have
been more specific in the topic title :-)

Old 05-02-2004, 06:46 PM
martin

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 11:02:03 -0000, "David W.E. Roberts"
wrote:

"martin" wrote in message
.. .
snip
snip
Via HDRA site
http://www.organiccatalog.com
--
Martin
you have posted this URL twice, but as far as I can see it only offers
seeds.
Am I missing something on the site?

potatoes onions shallots garlic
--

O.K. - the OP was about tomatoes, peppers, chilis so perhaps I should have
been more specific in the topic title :-)

I was just trying to help, I'm sorry if I wasted your time :-)
--
Martin

Old 05-02-2004, 06:47 PM
Ophelia

"martin" wrote in message
On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 11:02:03 -0000, "David W.E. Roberts"
wrote:

"martin" wrote in message
.. .
snip
snip
Via HDRA site
http://www.organiccatalog.com
--
Martin
you have posted this URL twice, but as far as I can see it only offers
seeds.
Am I missing something on the site?

potatoes onions shallots garlic
--

O.K. - the OP was about tomatoes, peppers, chilis so perhaps I should

have
been more specific in the topic title :-)

I was just trying to help, I'm sorry if I wasted your time :-)

Tut! You are just not fit to be let loose!

Old 05-02-2004, 06:47 PM
martin

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 14:23:15 -0000, "Ophelia"
wrote:

"martin" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 11:02:03 -0000, "David W.E. Roberts"
wrote:

"martin" wrote in message
.. .
snip
snip
Via HDRA site
http://www.organiccatalog.com
--
Martin
you have posted this URL twice, but as far as I can see it only offers
seeds.
Am I missing something on the site?

potatoes onions shallots garlic
--

O.K. - the OP was about tomatoes, peppers, chilis so perhaps I should

have
been more specific in the topic title :-)

I was just trying to help, I'm sorry if I wasted your time :-)

Tut! You are just not fit to be let loose!

sad but true

--
Martin

Old 05-02-2004, 07:15 PM
Annette

"David W.E. Roberts" wrote in message ...

So what I would like to do is order plants of a chosen variety from a
nursery (or nurseries) over the Internet and have them delivered at the
correct time for planting them outside.

Try www.seedsofitaly.com - we stock their seeds in our garden store,
and so can vouch for them in terms of being a good company and also in
terms of the quality of their seeds - though this is the first year
they've offered plants for sale,so I can't really comment on that
aspect. They do have tomatoes, chillis, peppers and plenty more, so
hopefully they'll be what you are looking for.

Hope that's useful.

Annette