Old 15-02-2004, 07:25 PM
Mary Fisher

Default Flowering redcurrant?

This was referred to on today's GQT.

Did they mean what we always used to call "flowering currant"?

I don't recall hearing about a flowering redcurrant before and since they
were talking about a decorative bush, flowering at this time of year, it
obviously wasn't the redcurrant which of course does have flowers but not
showy ones.

Mary

Old 15-02-2004, 09:30 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

This was referred to on today's GQT.

Did they mean what we always used to call "flowering currant"?

I don't recall hearing about a flowering redcurrant before and since they
were talking about a decorative bush, flowering at this time of year, it
obviously wasn't the redcurrant which of course does have flowers but not
showy ones.

I was going to note the name down until Bob (t'was Bob, wasn't it?) said
the berries weren't edible.

Most new stuff here will have to be either edible or edible and
decorative as an incidental bonus. Lack of room.

Rocketing house-prices and this house at an attractive price made
waiting a dodgy prospect.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

Old 15-02-2004, 09:40 PM
David Hill

"........But is it the same as a 'flowering currant' - the one with hanging
clusters of pink flowers?......."

Or red or white

I must have heard what I wanted on the prog as I thought they said red
flowering currant . but then it is something we often do....to end their
sentences before they do.......Guilty.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Redcurrant extreme [email protected] United Kingdom 5 11-05-2013 10:06 PM
First Redcurrant!! No Name United Kingdom 12 29-05-2012 10:35 PM
Redcurrant issue NT United Kingdom 14 09-11-2011 06:23 PM
Flowering redcurrant? Mary Fisher United Kingdom 2 15-02-2004 07:01 PM
Redcurrant buds Tim United Kingdom 2 16-05-2003 08:20 AM