Old 24-02-2004, 11:44 PM
JennyC

Default Trouble with posting ?

Hi

I am having trouble posting to URG ....

The faithful News.CIS.DFN.DE seems to have split itself up into various
different bits.

I have registered but have not as yet had a reply. I'm posting this via another
route. Anybody else having trouble ?

Jenny

Old 24-02-2004, 11:45 PM
Alan Gould

In article , JennyC
writes
Hi

I am having trouble posting to URG ....

The faithful News.CIS.DFN.DE seems to have split itself up into various
different bits.

I have registered but have not as yet had a reply. I'm posting this via another
route. Anybody else having trouble ?

Jenny

Usenet mail collection via Demon/Turnpike was off from Sunday pm until
today pm, but it is back in order now.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.
Old 24-02-2004, 11:46 PM
MCC

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 09:45:31 GMT, JennyC wrote:

Hi

I am having trouble posting to URG ....

The faithful News.CIS.DFN.DE seems to have split itself up into various
different bits.

I have registered but have not as yet had a reply. I'm posting this via another
route. Anybody else having trouble ?

Jenny

There was no need to re-register. All you have to do is change your News
Server from news.cis.dfn.de to news.individual.net - no password or
username change necessary either.
--
MCC
Old 24-02-2004, 11:46 PM
David Rance

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, Alan Gould wrote:

Usenet mail collection via Demon/Turnpike was off from Sunday pm until
today pm, but it is back in order now.

Yes, that's why I transferred my source to news.free.fr. But I wonder if
my message about the bean weevil got through to the UK.

| Internet: | writing from |
| Fidonet: David Rance 2:252/110 | Caversham, |
| BBS:
telnet://mesnil.demon.co.uk | Reading, UK |

Old 25-02-2004, 12:57 PM
Emery Davis

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 09:45:31 GMT, "JennyC" said:

] Hi
]
] I am having trouble posting to URG ....
]
] The faithful News.CIS.DFN.DE seems to have split itself up into various
] different bits.
]
] I have registered but have not as yet had a reply. I'm posting this via another
] route. Anybody else having trouble ?
]
] Jenny
]
]

Hi Jenny,

You should be able to just change your server to news.individual.net, all the
regular logins and passwds from news.cis.dfn.de work. At least for me they did!

I did lose a day or so before I figured out it wasn't my problem, though. An email
would have been nice...

-E

--
Emery Davis
You can reply to

Old 25-02-2004, 05:38 PM
JennyC

"Emery Davis" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Hi Emery

I have it sorted now :~))
It's really weird but this thread has only just started to show up in my
newsreader - I posted it on the 19th!
Jenny

Old 25-02-2004, 05:38 PM
Emery Davis

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 13:10:26 +0100, "JennyC" said:

[]
] Hi Emery
]
] I have it sorted now :~))
] It's really weird but this thread has only just started to show up in my
] newsreader - I posted it on the 19th!
] Jenny
]
]

Hi Jenny,

Yeah, I saw; once I had replied of course! I hate when that happens ...

One of the joys of our reliable german friends is that posts show nice
and fast. Getting demoted to google really makes one appreciate the service!

-E

Old 25-02-2004, 05:48 PM
Mike

Yes, but "don't mention the war!"
Jenny

A couple or so years back I had to go to Conference in Bruges, followed by
the following year one in Baden. The same group of people representing about
8 nations, so we got to know each other very well over the years. I don't
remember quite how the subject came round to it, but the subject of
conflicts and war was mentioned and who was going to start the next one.
Mike one of the German contingent piped up and said "We've started two wars
and lost both of the bloody things, so you don't expect us to start another
do you?"

So you can mention the war!!!

It was Henk the Dutch man who told us Cat tastes like Rabbit and you cook it
in the same way.

Mike

Old 25-02-2004, 09:24 PM
Ophelia

[...]