Old 13-03-2004, 10:53 AM
Graham Dixon

Default OT but feedback appreciated

Are there any BTinternet users who are having horrendous problems with Email
since BTinternet amalgamated with YAHOO?

My mail is fine if I read it in the online BTYahoo mail browser but when I
download to OUTLOOK for off line reading a small percentage appear to be
blank - ie no message body!

Thanks

Graham

Old 13-03-2004, 12:07 PM
Mike

"Graham Dixon" wrote in message
Are there any BTinternet users who are having horrendous problems with

Email
since BTinternet amalgamated with YAHOO?

My mail is fine if I read it in the online BTYahoo mail browser but when I
download to OUTLOOK for off line reading a small percentage appear to be
blank - ie no message body!

Thanks

Graham

Could be that if you have Norton as I do, it will destroy anything with a
virus in it, especially as an attachment and will delete it first :-))

That is the only time I have trouble, if in fact since I changed over from
Demon, I have had no trouble at all :-))

Mike

--
H.M.S.Loch Fada Association Reunion Scarborough April 2nd - 5th NOW FULL
H.M.S.Newfoundland Association Reunion Hayling Island April 23rd - 26th

Old 13-03-2004, 07:03 PM
Bob Hobden

"Graham wrote in message ...
Are there any BTinternet users who are having horrendous problems with

Email
since BTinternet amalgamated with YAHOO?

My mail is fine if I read it in the online BTYahoo mail browser but when I
download to OUTLOOK for off line reading a small percentage appear to be
blank - ie no message body!

No problems here Graham although I did prefer the straightforward, dare I
say it, more professional type, BT Internet mail system not this all singing
all dancing Yahoo system.
Do you use their "Spam" system, it's catching a lot of messages with virus
attachments at the moment.

--
Regards
Bob

Use a useful Screen Saver...
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
and find intelligent life amongst the stars

Old 13-03-2004, 09:15 PM
Mike

Do you use their "Spam" system, it's catching a lot of messages with virus
attachments at the moment.

I have Norton and isn't it catching some at the moment? :-))

Mike

Old 14-03-2004, 01:08 PM
Franz Heymann

"Graham Dixon" wrote in message
Are there any BTinternet users who are having horrendous problems with

Email
since BTinternet amalgamated with YAHOO?

My mail is fine if I read it in the online BTYahoo mail browser but when I
download to OUTLOOK for off line reading a small percentage appear to be
blank - ie no message body!

The only problems which I have experienced since the merger is that
(1) Yahoo now frequently asks me for my name and password twice, and
sometimes three times if I want to use their on-line reading facility.
(2) Messages sometimes take up to four days to appear in newsgroups. I
think this became much worse since the merger.

Remember that the on-line facility has a virus checker. Could it be that
the virus checker has removed bad stuff?

Franz

Old 14-03-2004, 01:16 PM
Franz Heymann

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Graham wrote in message ...
Are there any BTinternet users who are having horrendous problems with

Email
since BTinternet amalgamated with YAHOO?

My mail is fine if I read it in the online BTYahoo mail browser but when

download to OUTLOOK for off line reading a small percentage appear to be
blank - ie no message body!

No problems here Graham although I did prefer the straightforward, dare I
say it, more professional type, BT Internet mail system not this all

singing
all dancing Yahoo system.

I second that
If possible, I also third that

Old 14-03-2004, 02:09 PM
Franz Heymann

"Mike" wrote in message

Do you use their "Spam" system, it's catching a lot of messages with

virus
attachments at the moment.

I have Norton and isn't it catching some at the moment? :-))

After I have got rid of mine on-line via Yahoo, there is none left for my
Norton to catch.

Franz