Old 24-03-2004, 05:12 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Tea Leaves Down Sink Or Compost / Garden ?

The message
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:
"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message
The message
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:
"Rodger Whitlock" wrote in message
On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 17:51:16 -0000, Martin wrote:

Even cold tea has its uses. My Iris winogradowii has never grown
as well as when I would rush outside first thing every morning,
teapot in hand, and pour yesterday's cold tea on it.

Why did you rush if the tea was cold?

Hell, Mary, any dedicated tea-drinker will know the answer to that!

Not this one!

You're not sufficiently dedicated, or you'd be hurrying out so you could
make the next pot.....

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 24-03-2004, 05:15 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Frogleg contains these words:

Any thoughts on suitability for using tea leaves in garden etc or for
clearing sink drain ?

Good for plants/compost; bad for drains.

I wonder *how* your mother believes tea leaves 'clear' a drain. And of
what. Obviously it can't be the wet leafiness, or she'd be throwing
down celery tops and spinach. If it's supposed to be some chemical
action, would tea be safe to drink? I don't fancy drinking dilute
drain-cleaner.

Lots of people do though - Coca Cola is an ace drain and bog cleaner.

Old 24-03-2004, 05:18 PM
Mary Fisher

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message
The message
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:
"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in

message
The message
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:
"Rodger Whitlock" wrote in message
On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 17:51:16 -0000, Martin wrote:

Even cold tea has its uses. My Iris winogradowii has never grown
as well as when I would rush outside first thing every morning,
teapot in hand, and pour yesterday's cold tea on it.

Why did you rush if the tea was cold?

Hell, Mary, any dedicated tea-drinker will know the answer to that!

Not this one!

You're not sufficiently dedicated, or you'd be hurrying out so you could
make the next pot.....

I'm so dedicated I don't make it - I have my personal tea maker. But the
poster said that he poured YESTERDAY'S cold tea on it. Why didn't he do it
yesterday?

Mary

Old 24-03-2004, 05:19 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

I'm so dedicated I don't make it - I have my personal tea maker. But the
poster said that he poured YESTERDAY'S cold tea on it. Why didn't he do it
yesterday?

You'd better ask *HIM* that. I don't understand the concept of cold tea.....

Old 24-03-2004, 05:20 PM
Rodger Whitlock

gOn Tue, 23 Mar 2004 09:13:15 -0000, Mary Fisher wrote:

"Rodger Whitlock" wrote in message
On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 17:51:16 -0000, Martin wrote:

Even cold tea has its uses. My Iris winogradowii has never grown
as well as when I would rush outside first thing every morning,
teapot in hand, and pour yesterday's cold tea on it.

Why did you rush if the tea was cold?

Because I was usually only dressed in my skivvies (if that) at
that time of the day and rushed so as to narrow the neighbors'
window of opportunity for seeing me en deshabille.

--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Old 24-03-2004, 05:20 PM
Mary Fisher

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message
The message
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

I'm so dedicated I don't make it - I have my personal tea maker. But the
poster said that he poured YESTERDAY'S cold tea on it. Why didn't he do

it
yesterday?

You'd better ask *HIM* that. I don't understand the concept of cold

tea.....

Nor do I. Not in the pot anyway. Because I don't take milk I'm happy to
drink it cold.

Mary