Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-04-2004, 04:24 AM
shannie

Default Can I save my plants n shrubs?

Hi All,

Im really hoping someone can help me on this. Due to circumstances very much
beyond my control it is necessary for me to move house this year, probably
in mid/late summer. The house is to be demolished to make a road (the price
of progress!!) so I am able to take the plants I want to take with me. Last
year we did a huge revamp of the gardens and there are some very new plants
I'd like to take, phormiums (sp?) bottle brush, dogwoods, cottoneaster, and
some other assorted shrubs and grass's. There is a japenese maple, planted
three years ago and a horse chestnut tree I've been growing since it was a
conker, it's about 8ft tall now and the sticky buds are just begining to
open. I have lots of 45gallon drums which I can cut in half and Im thinking
if I dig up the plants now and pop them into them then they'd be ready for
transporting for late summer. Is this the best way to go? Or does anyone
have any other ideas/suggestions I could go with. One way or another Im to
lose lots of my plants so I figure it's worth trying to save some.

TIA

Shannie