Old 06-04-2004, 09:43 PM
David Hill

Default Are squirrels OT?

".............. Unlikely, squirrels have no brains to use for thinking

Squirrels read the daily mail? ......."

No they go for the Sun

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 06-04-2004, 09:43 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Inge Jones contains these words:
In article , alan@holmes-
g4crw.freeserve.co.uk says...

Unlikely, squirrels have no brains to use for thinking, the only way to
stop them is to trap them and dispose of them.

Lol! I don't like them at all, but I think there will be increasing
wildlife in towns as long as there are people who think it's helpful to
feed them.

Fortunately the squirrels that come through my garden don't seem as
aggressive as one we had in our last garden, who frequently threatened
and actually attacked my cat unprovoked once.

Many years ago when I had a cat, she would have welcomed such attention.
She used to delight in catching rats, stoats and weasels, and even rode
a fox away down the garden once when she had kittens. (And chased it the
next week.)

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

Old 06-04-2004, 09:44 PM
Anonymous Sender

On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 16:54:45 +0100, "Alan Holmes" alan@holmes-
g4crw.freeserve.co.uk wrote:

"Inge Jones" wrote in message
How come the squirrels round here are burying peanuts at this time

of
year? Do they know something we don't about a climatic disaster
approaching?

Also I have noticed that their habits are changing to suit
circumstances. Squirrels have always been known to "lose" what they
bury, but round here they only go through the motions of burying

it, and
leave each nut sticking half out of the ground. Presumably they've
adapted to realise that as there are not a lot of competitors in a

town,
it's more efficient to leave the food easy to find.

With any luck in another couple of years they will realise that the

same
households will always leave plenty on the birdtable all year round

and
there is no need to "squirrel them away" in any case.

Unlikely, squirrels have no brains to use for thinking,

Relatives then?

the only way to
stop them is to trap them and dispose of them.

Prick. Wish it was so easy to rid ourselves of village idiots like you.

Old 06-04-2004, 09:44 PM
Anonymous Sender

On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 18:04:15 +0100, Inge Jones
wrote:

In article , alan@holmes-
g4crw.freeserve.co.uk says...

Unlikely, squirrels have no brains to use for thinking, the only

way to
stop them is to trap them and dispose of them.

Lol! I don't like them at all, but I think there will be increasing
wildlife in towns as long as there are people who think it's helpful

feed them.

Nothing wrong with helping wildlife. You feed your fat face dont you?
the problem is that we are taking all the countryside over, where else
is the wildlife to go?

Old 06-04-2004, 09:45 PM
Mary Fisher

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

squirrels ... the only way to
stop them is to trap them and dispose of them.

By eating them.

Mary

Alan

Old 06-04-2004, 09:45 PM
Mary Fisher

"Inge Jones" wrote in message
. ..

all the birds, including the supposed
carnivors and insectivors, went for the white bread a neighbour threw
out.

A neighbour is always throwing such stuff (including cake) over the fence
for our hens. They won't touch it, I'm pleased to say, but I'm not pleased
about her doing it because our garden is managed organically and so are our
hens. And us, come to that.

As you said, why do people think that animals deserve what we discard?

Mary

What to do with grey squirrels - M Ogilvie pro hunt nut and extremist, adviser for SNH suggests we should eat squirrels! [email protected] United Kingdom 15 19-10-2007 01:34 AM
Baby Squirrels, Was: Saw my first robin today :( zhanataya Gardening 2 08-02-2003 08:24 PM
[IBC] Squirrels dalecochoy Bonsai 3 06-02-2003 11:27 AM
[IBC] ***** [IBC] Squirrels Jim Lewis Bonsai 1 29-01-2003 12:19 AM
Squirrels Iris Cohen Bonsai 0 28-01-2003 02:08 PM