Old 09-05-2004, 02:08 PM
David Hill

Default grounds for divorce

".......... I find that men (in general) need VERY
specific instructions :~) ............"

But at least we then remember.........unlike most Women who's response is
"You never told me, I don't know who you told but it wasn't me"

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 09-05-2004, 02:09 PM
David Hill

"........ How can you be more specific than 'please do NOT cut down the
nettles"? ,,,,,,,"

Ah! but which nettles?

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 09-05-2004, 02:10 PM
dave @ stejonda

In message , David Hill
writes
But at least we then remember.........unlike most Women who's response
is "You never told me, I don't know who you told but it wasn't me"

so true - sigh!!!

--
dave @ stejonda
Old 09-05-2004, 02:10 PM
dave @ stejonda

In message , Sacha
writes
How can you be more specific than 'please do NOT cut down the nettles"?
;-)

simple - "please do not cut down 'those' nettles"

Women! - no logic in their thinking at all!!

grin

--
dave @ stejonda
Old 09-05-2004, 02:11 PM
Howard Neil

JennyC wrote:

This is how a call from a friend went........
Leo picks up phone : Hello?
Friend : Is Jenny there ?
Leo: Yes
Friend: Is she busy?
Leo:Perhaps
Friend:Can I speak to her?
Leo:I'll ask.........

Friend obviously immediately meant "Please put Jenny on"
Leo is a VERY logical type male :~))

That all sounds logical to me. :-)

--
Howard Neil

Old 09-05-2004, 05:07 PM
Brian

Forgive for being off topic a little. As an undergardener's boy's 2nd
assistant in Herts. I spent weeks on my knees pulling 'annual nettles' from
the strawberry beds. I have never seen or heard of them them since. Did they
really exist or were my swollen hands imaginary? It was quite a few decades
ago!
Best Wishes Brian
"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
dave @ stejonda9/5/04 1:36

In message , Sacha
writes
How can you be more specific than 'please do NOT cut down the nettles"?
;-)

simple - "please do not cut down 'those' nettles"

Women! - no logic in their thinking at all!!

grin

On the contrary. My simple solution saves all the nettles. Then, in

gentle
and easy-to-comprehend stages, one can introduce the qualifiers. It takes
time and patience but I'm sure that with kindness, training can be

achieved.
;-)
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds to email me)

Old 09-05-2004, 05:08 PM
JennyC

"Joanne" wrote in message
"Sacha" wrote in message
Then he'll know which bits to cut ! I find that men (in general) need

VERY
specific instructions :~)

My dad was always chopping down my chives because he thought it was grass.
You might need to go out and show your spouse exactly what a nettle looks
like! If he still doesn't get the message, have him touch the nettles so he
knows what they feel like !!!!!!!!!

You could also get a couple of those naf butterfly's on sticks. Put them in
amongst the nettles to remind him why they should not be cut down :~)
Jenny

Old 09-05-2004, 05:10 PM
Malcolm

In article , Kate Morgan
writes

Why not rope off the area you want to keep?
A number of canes pushed in around the perimeter and then cord tied from one
to the other. Then when he comes up to it he should remember it's special.

Its too late for my nettles but they will grow again soon I hope and
yes it is a good idea to fence/rope of the special areas,my daughter has
already suggested that so now I must act, tomorrow is another day :-)

Have you thought of showing him this thread?

--
Malcolm

Old 09-05-2004, 06:07 PM
Kay Easton

In article EXonc.31$pe.12@newsfe1-win, Joanne
writes
"Sacha" wrote in message
Then he'll know which bits to cut ! I find that men (in general) need

VERY
specific instructions :~)

My dad was always chopping down my chives because he thought it was grass.
You might need to go out and show your spouse exactly what a nettle looks
like! If he still doesn't get the message, have him touch the nettles so he
knows what they feel like !!!!!!!!!

You could warn him that if he strims them, the odd one will fly up in
the air, and if it hits him in the face it could be *very* painful ..

Not at all true afaik, but it might do the trick ;-)

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
Old 09-05-2004, 06:07 PM
Kay Easton

In article , Brian
writes
Forgive for being off topic a little. As an undergardener's boy's 2nd
assistant in Herts. I spent weeks on my knees pulling 'annual nettles' from
the strawberry beds. I have never seen or heard of them them since. Did they
really exist or were my swollen hands imaginary? It was quite a few decades
ago!

They exist. Urtica urens, as opposed to U dioica, which is the perennial
one. U dioica seems to spread mainly by runners, and I've always assumed
those little seedlings you get coming up in early summer are U urens.
Apparently U urens has male and female flowers on the same plants,
whereas U dioica has them on separate plants, but I've never let either
of them hang around long enough to find out.

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
Old 09-05-2004, 06:07 PM
Gord

You can do as my wife did. she literally smasshed it into the driveway until
it broke.

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
or how can I sabotage my husbands strimmer without him suspecting it is
me? every year about this time he runs amok with said strimmer and every
year my bank of nettles and wild flowers get the chop, I am very very
upset in fact I think I will give up gardening :-(
kate

Old 09-05-2004, 07:06 PM
Brian

Many thanks Kay. I just can't find my Clapham Tutin and Warburg. It was kind
of you to respond.
Regards Brian
"Kay Easton" wrote in message
In article , Brian
writes
[...]

Divorce proceedings ! Tom Atkinson United Kingdom 2 01-04-2005 11:42 PM
Coffee grounds to keep out cats? Polar Edible Gardening 9 29-04-2003 11:56 AM
NPK of Coffee Grounds Ryunen Gardening 1 01-03-2003 05:27 AM
[IBC] Fw: Coffee grounds Jim Lewis Bonsai 2 22-02-2003 04:27 PM
Coffee grounds Theo Bonsai 0 22-02-2003 08:15 AM