Old 09-05-2004, 09:05 PM
Kate Morgan

Default grounds for divorce

Why not rope off the area you want to keep?
A number of canes pushed in around the perimeter and then cord tied from one
to the other. Then when he comes up to it he should remember it's special.

Its too late for my nettles but they will grow again soon I hope and
yes it is a good idea to fence/rope of the special areas,my daughter has
already suggested that so now I must act, tomorrow is another day :-)

Have you thought of showing him this thread?

No, he does not come near my p.c. except when he wants to know summat
for his b. pub quiz :-) He is playing boogie on his piano at the moment,
very loudly, excuse me I have got to go somewhere :-)
Old 09-05-2004, 09:06 PM
Kate Morgan

In
You can do as my wife did. she literally smasshed it into the driveway until
it broke.

Good heavens what did you do to deserve that or is it summat that we
dont need to know :-)
Old 09-05-2004, 09:07 PM
Kate Morgan

How about (temporary) fencing around things you want to keep ?
Then he'll know which bits to cut ! I find that men (in general) need VERY
specific instructions :~)

I have found some elctric fencing it just needs a new battery, every
time the strimmer comes out I will go and fence off the special areas,
that should work.
Old 10-05-2004, 09:04 AM
Malcolm

In article , Kate Morgan
writes

Why not rope off the area you want to keep?
A number of canes pushed in around the perimeter and then cord
tied from one
to the other. Then when he comes up to it he should remember it's
special.

Its too late for my nettles but they will grow again soon I hope and
yes it is a good idea to fence/rope of the special areas,my daughter has
already suggested that so now I must act, tomorrow is another day :-)

Have you thought of showing him this thread?

No, he does not come near my p.c. except when he wants to know summat
for his b. pub quiz :-) He is playing boogie on his piano at the moment,
very loudly, excuse me I have got to go somewhere :-)

Print it out and give it to him.

--
Malcolm
Old 10-05-2004, 12:05 PM
Howard Neil

Sacha wrote:

Talk about cutting off your nettles to spite your face.......

Indeed. With the European Cup soon to start, he may make sure that every
nettle is cut very close to the ground. :-)

--
Howard Neil
Old 10-05-2004, 02:04 PM
RichardS

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
or how can I sabotage my husbands strimmer without him suspecting it is
me? every year about this time he runs amok with said strimmer and every
year my bank of nettles and wild flowers get the chop, I am very very
upset in fact I think I will give up gardening :-(
kate

How about a liberal installation of wire hoops in the nettle patch - about
6 or 8 inches high ought to do it.

After the 15th time of having to reset the strimmer cable because it's
broken on the hoop he might give up on it... (unless it's an auto-feeding
strimmer... my memory seems to suggest that such beasties do exist).

--
Richard Sampson

email me at
richard at olifant d-ot co do-t uk

Old 10-05-2004, 03:10 PM
Kate Morgan

How about a liberal installation of wire hoops in the nettle patch - about
6 or 8 inches high ought to do it.

After the 15th time of having to reset the strimmer cable because it's
broken on the hoop he might give up on it... (unless it's an auto-feeding
strimmer... my memory seems to suggest that such beasties do exist).

--
Richard Sampson

what a brilliant ides thanks :-)))
Old 10-05-2004, 09:17 PM
tuin man

"JennyC" wrote in message
Sniped

! I find that men (in general) need VERY
specific instructions :~)
Jenny

Alternatively.... try confusion.
Pot up the nettles in nice big pots ...and I don't mean plastic ones... not
even imitation terracotta.

Patrick

Divorce proceedings ! Tom Atkinson United Kingdom 2 01-04-2005 11:42 PM
Coffee grounds to keep out cats? Polar Edible Gardening 9 29-04-2003 11:56 AM
NPK of Coffee Grounds Ryunen Gardening 1 01-03-2003 05:27 AM
[IBC] Fw: Coffee grounds Jim Lewis Bonsai 2 22-02-2003 04:27 PM
Coffee grounds Theo Bonsai 0 22-02-2003 08:15 AM