Old 08-05-2004, 03:08 PM
Kate Morgan

Default grounds for divorce

or how can I sabotage my husbands strimmer without him suspecting it is
me? every year about this time he runs amok with said strimmer and every
year my bank of nettles and wild flowers get the chop, I am very very
upset in fact I think I will give up gardening :-(
kate
Old 08-05-2004, 04:11 PM
Cereus-validus

Sit the dolt down and talk to him about the error of his way and his
blissful ignorance.

If that doesn't work, put sugar in the gas tank.

Old 08-05-2004, 04:15 PM
Kate Morgan

Sit the dolt down and talk to him about the error of his way and his
blissful ignorance.

If that doesn't work, put sugar in the gas tank.

I have told him before so I think it has to be sugar

sad blue eyes :-(

Old 08-05-2004, 09:02 PM
Dogger

On Sat, 8 May 2004 14:58:21 +0100, Kate Morgan
wrote:

or how can I sabotage my husbands strimmer without him suspecting it is
me? every year about this time he runs amok with said strimmer and every
year my bank of nettles and wild flowers get the chop, I am very very
upset in fact I think I will give up gardening :-(
kate

If you were any sort of wife you would be doing the strimming whilst
he watched the telly. Now stop windging and make the tea.

Before I get torn apart by all the lovely hard working ladys Only
joking

Old 08-05-2004, 09:02 PM
Kate Morgan

If you were any sort of wife you would be doing the strimming whilst
he watched the telly. Now stop windging and make the tea.

Before I get torn apart by all the lovely hard working ladys Only
joking

Glad to hear it :-)))
Old 08-05-2004, 10:06 PM
Mike Lyle

Kate Morgan wrote in message t...
Sit the dolt down and talk to him about the error of his way and his
blissful ignorance.

If that doesn't work, put sugar in the gas tank.

I have told him before so I think it has to be sugar

I find his behaviour very strange indeed: but you married him, so I
suppose he can't be a complete swine. You could always annually
destroy something _he_ likes, of course. Have you tried asking him to
put off the cut until, say, July, when things have had a chance to
seed? This is common enough practice for wild-flower collections. I
assume you want the nettles for wildlife habitat; if not, perhaps you
could compromise by getting the nettles out (a long tough job) and
leaving the more flowery things.

Mike.
Old 08-05-2004, 10:08 PM
Kate Morgan

I find his behaviour very strange indeed: but you married him, so I
suppose he can't be a complete swine. You could always annually
destroy something _he_ likes, of course. Have you tried asking him to
put off the cut until, say, July, when things have had a chance to
seed? This is common enough practice for wild-flower collections. I
assume you want the nettles for wildlife habitat; if not, perhaps you
could compromise by getting the nettles out (a long tough job) and
leaving the more flowery things.

Mike.

No he is not a complete swine, he is very nice and kind really just not
a gardener, he always goes at things with great energy and as we have a
great deal of grass to cut he just goes into overdrive and I get upset
when I see stuff getting chopped, yes the nettles were for the wildlife
and tomorrow when I cool off I will try and explain more fully what I
want to preserve. I do feel like trashing summat in his workshop but
have not done it - yet :-)

kate
Old 08-05-2004, 11:09 PM
David Hill

Why not rope off the area you want to keep?
A number of canes pushed in around the perimeter and then cord tied from one
to the other. Then when he comes up to it he should remember it's special.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 08-05-2004, 11:14 PM
Kate Morgan

Why not rope off the area you want to keep?
A number of canes pushed in around the perimeter and then cord tied from one
to the other. Then when he comes up to it he should remember it's special.

Its too late for my nettles but they will grow again soon I hope and
yes it is a good idea to fence/rope of the special areas,my daughter has
already suggested that so now I must act, tomorrow is another day :-)

Old 08-05-2004, 11:15 PM
Kate Morgan

just wanted to say thanks for all the answers and helpful suggestions,
as I have just said to David tomorrow is another day and I will sort it
and husband :-)))

now calm Kate
Old 09-05-2004, 09:07 AM
JennyC

[...]

How about (temporary) fencing around things you want to keep ?
Then he'll know which bits to cut ! I find that men (in general) need VERY
specific instructions :~)
Jenny

Old 09-05-2004, 11:08 AM
Howard Neil

JennyC wrote:

How about (temporary) fencing around things you want to keep ?
Then he'll know which bits to cut ! I find that men (in general) need VERY
specific instructions :~)

This is very true. The problem is that women (in general) do not know
how to be specific. :-)

--
Howard Neil
Old 09-05-2004, 01:08 PM
Joanne

"Sacha" wrote in message
Then he'll know which bits to cut ! I find that men (in general) need

VERY
specific instructions :~)

My dad was always chopping down my chives because he thought it was grass.
You might need to go out and show your spouse exactly what a nettle looks
like! If he still doesn't get the message, have him touch the nettles so he
knows what they feel like !!!!!!!!!

Divorce proceedings ! Tom Atkinson United Kingdom 2 01-04-2005 11:42 PM
Coffee grounds to keep out cats? Polar Edible Gardening 9 29-04-2003 11:56 AM
NPK of Coffee Grounds Ryunen Gardening 1 01-03-2003 05:27 AM
[IBC] Fw: Coffee grounds Jim Lewis Bonsai 2 22-02-2003 04:27 PM
Coffee grounds Theo Bonsai 0 22-02-2003 08:15 AM