Old 08-05-2004, 03:34 PM
Registered User

Location: carmarthenshire
Question ??Greenhouse??

Any one know what make of greenhouse this is?

I've just gained it and want to replace a few of the glazing rubbers that are missing.

Where is the cheapest place to get spares?

I'm in a wheelchair and want to widden the door. Any one have a spare sliding door lying around ?? So I can get into it!!!

The picture attached is prior to removing and cleaning it but it shows its general shape and the type of glazing rubber fitted

BIG PLEASE for any information :-)
Attached Thumbnails
??Greenhouse??-untitled-1.jpg
Old 08-05-2004, 10:10 PM
Cumberpach

Default ??Greenhouse??

"netstudio" wrote in message
s.com...
Any one know what make of greenhouse this is?

I've just gained it and want to replace a few of the glazing rubbers
that are missing.

Where is the cheapest place to get spares?

It looks similar in construction to my AGL 8 footer, although yours seems to
be their 12 foot version. AGL are marketed by Halls and they are quite
helpful. I have 2 numbers :-
01622 791234
0121 3557701

Pete

Old 09-05-2004, 09:05 AM
Tumbleweed

"netstudio" wrote in message
s.com...
Any one know what make of greenhouse this is?

snip
Do NOT attach pictures to posts in this group. Attachments such as pictures
are specifically not allowed to any group that does not begin or contain
'bin'. Most ISPs will delete your post because of that, most of the rest
will delete the picture (thats what mine did), and for those that do get to
see it most will ignore it since chances are it could be a virus.

Post a link to your picture on a web site somewhere.

--
Tumbleweed

Remove my socks for email address

Old 09-05-2004, 02:08 PM
Amos E Wolfe

"Tumbleweed" wrote in message
.. .
"netstudio" wrote in message
s.com...
Any one know what make of greenhouse this is?

snip
Do NOT attach pictures to posts in this group.

If you actually bothered to *read* the post - you will see that the alleged
"attachment" is in fact a link to a picture on a website.

-=# Amos E Wolfe #=-

Old 09-05-2004, 03:04 PM
Registered User

Location: carmarthenshire

Quote:
Originally posted by Tumbleweed
"netstudio" wrote in message
s.com...
Any one know what make of greenhouse this is?

snip
Do NOT attach pictures to posts in this group. Attachments such as pictures
are specifically not allowed to any group that does not begin or contain
'bin'. Most ISPs will delete your post because of that, most of the rest
will delete the picture (thats what mine did), and for those that do get to
see it most will ignore it since chances are it could be a virus.

Post a link to your picture on a web site somewhere.

--
Tumbleweed

Remove my socks for email address
Hi Tumbleweed,
Got out of bed the wrong side I see ;-)

Well a please wouldn't hurt! I am member and also run / webmaster of several websites and have been so for the past nine years (1995).
It does say the following on the post/reply topic page
Attach file:
Maximum size: 102400 bytes
Valid file extensions: gif jpg png txt zip bmp jpeg

Why don't you remove the link to attach files/picture if you don't want any

A picture can say a 1000 words when trying to explain and I am very pleased with the response but it's a real shame you don't allow direct pictures which is very easy for many people who don't have the facility or now how to host their own pictures.

I don't know any internet service providers (isp) that don't allow if you have direct pictures /files .

May be its time for you to change?

I have & still use http://www.101-webhosting.com for a long time and find the very reliable, great bandwidth a cheap. They also supply loads of extras with prices starting from £14.99 p.a for 3GB Data Transfer & Unlimited Web Space. !!!! to £29.99 p.a. for 25GB Data Transfer & 25GB Data Transfer or if your really greedy, all on the latest cPanel and www.123-reg.co.uk for domain names etc.

I trust the above helps and thank you for a such a good resource. keep it up!

Many thanks
Yours courteously
Mike

P.S. BIG THANKS FOR THE REPLY TO ONE OF MY QUESTIONS TO Cumberpach!

Old 09-05-2004, 06:07 PM
Kay Easton

In article m,
netstudio writes

Why don't you *-remove-* the link to attach files/picture if you don't
want any

You have in fact posted this to a newsgroup, not to a web site - you
may think you have posted to gardenbanter, but gardenbanter has then
forwarded your post to uk.rec.gardening, which is a newsgroup, and
nothing at all to do with gardenbanter, which has merely set up a link
to it as a way of increasing its apparent content.

Newsgroups are not the same as websites, and it is the convention that
pictures can be posted only to those few groups which specifically allow
them, as Tumbleweed says. It's not something peculiar to
uk.rec.gardening!
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
Old 09-05-2004, 07:41 PM
Registered User

Location: carmarthenshire

Quote:
Originally posted by Kay Easton
In article m,
netstudio writes

Why don't you *-remove-* the link to attach files/picture if you don't
want any

You have in fact posted this to a newsgroup, not to a web site - you
may think you have posted to gardenbanter, but gardenbanter has then
forwarded your post to uk.rec.gardening, which is a newsgroup, and
nothing at all to do with gardenbanter, which has merely set up a link
to it as a way of increasing its apparent content.

Newsgroups are not the same as websites, and it is the convention that
pictures can be posted only to those few groups which specifically allow
them, as Tumbleweed says. It's not something peculiar to
uk.rec.gardening!
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
Hi Kay and thanks for the info.

I am well aware of what a newsgroup is. I did not know that I was posting to a newsgroup as I did come here by and am posting at http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk.

All it says in the info on the website is:
Quote:
uk.rec.gardening is based in the British Isles for the discussion of gardening within those islands. Some here are quite experienced gardeners, others are (or were when they first joined urg) complete beginners.
Please accept my apologies to all you newsgroup'ers, I'll post any pictures via another link from my own server in future.

SO http://www.netstudio.org.uk/garden/greenhouse.jpg is the link for my original picture from my original post

Quote:

Old 09-05-2004, 11:08 PM
Janet Baraclough..

The message m
from netstudio contains these
words:

it's a real shame you don't allow direct
pictures which is very easy for many people who don't have the facility
or now how to host their own pictures.

"Not allowing" isn't Tumbleweed's personal decision. It's a usenet
regulation.

You are posting to a public service newsgroup, on Usenet. Usenet and
newsgroups are entirely independent of gardenbanter, the
lame-brain-website-for-internet-numpties through whose crappy portal
you're accessing this newsgroup.

I don't know any internet service providers (isp) that* don't* allow
if you have direct pictures /files .

You're revealing the gaping breadth of your ignorance. Isps do not
decide the charters of Usenet groups.

I trust the above helps and thank you for a such a good resource.

If a poster abuses Usenet (for instance by posting binaries to a
non-binary group), usually such behaviour contravenes the terms of
service of his isp. Multiple complaints from a group to that isp often
result in termination of the idiot's account and service. Most people in
uk.rec.gardening know how to locate a pests's isp in their Usenet
message header, and file a complaint.

Janet.
Old 10-05-2004, 12:06 AM
shazzbat

"Janet Baraclough.." wrote in message
[...]

To be fair to the OP, if he sent it to gardenbanter rather than URG, it's
not really his fault is it? I assume that garden banter wouldn't have minded
and it only became a problem because of the link to URG. Or am I
oversimplifying?

Steve

Old 10-05-2004, 01:07 AM
Tumbleweed

"netstudio" wrote in message
s.com...
Tumbleweed wrote:
*"netstudio" wrote in
message
s.com...
Any one know what make of greenhouse this is?

snip
Do NOT attach pictures to posts in this group. Attachments such as
pictures
are specifically not allowed to any group that does not begin or
contain
'bin'. Most ISPs will delete your post because of that, most of the
rest
will delete the picture (thats what mine did), and for those that do
get to
see it most will ignore it since chances are it could be a virus.

Post a link to your picture on a web site somewhere.

--
Tumbleweed

Remove my socks for email address *

Hi Tumbleweed,
Got out of bed the wrong side I see ;-)

Not at all, I'm like that normally :-) In fact, maybe you even caught me on
a good day.

Well a * please* wouldn't hurt! I am member and also run / webmaster of
several websites and have been so for the past nine years (1995).

Well then, you should certainly know better by now :-)

It does say the following on the post/reply topic page
-ATTACH FILE:
MAXIMUM SIZE: 102400 BYTES
VALID FILE EXTENSIONS: GIF JPG PNG TXT ZIP BMP JPEG-

What is that? Are you using a web link to post? Ah yes
www.GardenBanter.co.uk

Well then I apolgise to you, www.GardenBanter.co.uk are the miscreants.
Apart from anything else, people who follow their advice will find their
messages dont appear on most ISPs servers, being deleted as potential
viruses or simply bad netiquette. 'bin' groups are for binaries, text (not
even html) is for everything else. Its astonishing that the people running a
web site posting to a newsgroup dont follow that.

Why don't you *-remove-* the link to attach files/picture if you don't
want any

Its not me dude, its the 'rules' (or perhaps practices is a better word) of
usenet (aka newsgroups). And I ant remove your link to add attachments can
I?
I only read your message because the attachment had been removed. Otherwise
I wouldnt read it because a high percentage of newsgroup messages with
attachments contained viruses, eventually the ISPs woke up to that fact and
started deleting them. My ISP only deleted the attachment which is quite
unusual, most would just have deleted the entire message. The person who
read your message took a chnace the attachment was a picture and not a
virus. Unless they were reading it on Linux maybe?

A picture can say a 1000 words when trying to explain and I am very
pleased with the response but it's a real shame you don't allow direct
pictures which is very easy for many people who don't have the facility
or now how to host their own pictures.

Then they will have to learn, there are many free ways of posting pictures,
and the price of that 'ease of use' was rampant viruses. Not to mention the
other reasons why it wasnt done in the first place.

I don't know any internet service providers (isp) that* don't* allow
if you have direct pictures /files .

Hmm, try posting to a few more non binary groups if you like being abused!
Of course, you can post to binary newsgroups anything you want.

May be its time for you to change?

Like I said, its not me, its usenet, thats why some groups have 'bin' in
them (for binary, aka attachments) and others dont.

Old 10-05-2004, 01:08 AM
Tumbleweed

"Amos E Wolfe" wrote in message

"Tumbleweed" wrote in message
.. .
"netstudio" wrote in message
s.com...
Any one know what make of greenhouse this is?

snip
Do NOT attach pictures to posts in this group.

If you actually bothered to *read* the post - you will see that the

alleged
"attachment" is in fact a link to a picture on a website.

-=# Amos E Wolfe #=-

You are correct. Oopsy! But then, when I saw 'attachment' I thought for
somereason there would be one! And didnt read on since it looked as if my
ISP had removed it, since I dont read posts that contain attachments! So it
seems gardenbanter dont even know what an attachment is, or at the very
least have their own personal definition of a URL as an attachment.

However, I unreservedly apologise to the OP.

Old 10-05-2004, 01:10 AM
Janet Baraclough..

The message
from "shazzbat" contains these words:

To be fair to the OP, if he sent it to gardenbanter rather than URG, it's
not really his fault is it?

Geddaway :-) Next you'll be telling us where the WOMADS are.

The OP replied to Tumbleweed's accurate explanation with a degree of
superior patronage about his technical knowledge and Webmastery. He
claims to Kay that he knows the difference between websites and Usenet.
So I find it odd that he didn't instantly recognise the title, format
and content of urg as a newsgroup, and has never noticed any of the
daily references here to usenet and newsgroups.

An experienced webmaster would surely spot the difference in formats
between a newsgroup and a website message board. He might have wondered
why so few posts in urg come from gardenbanter. Or why all the supposed
"forums" listed in gardenbanter are named after newsgroups, names which
include usenet hierarchies.

Janet

Old 10-05-2004, 09:07 PM
Franz Heymann

"netstudio" wrote in
message s.com...

[snip the cackle & get down to business]

If you had taken the trouble to read the "abc for newcomers to
uk.rec.gardening" before posting, you would have been aware of the
fact that in that in that document, prospective urglers are *twice*
asked quite firmly not to post pictures to the ng.
That notice appears regularly at weekly intervals in this ng.

I notice that you have posted via gardenbanter. It is that crass
decision which has lead to difficulties with genuine subscribers to
uk.rec.gardening. Perhaps you could discuss your difficulty with the
bloke who runs gardenbanter, or far better, subscribe directly to
uk.rec.gardening.

Franz

Old 10-05-2004, 09:08 PM
Franz Heymann

"shazzbat" wrote in message

"Janet Baraclough.." wrote in

message
The message m
from netstudio contains

these
words:

[...]

Then somebody should tell the person who runs gardenbanter to make
sure the the posts which are directed to urg complies with urg
netiquette.

What is the *real* purpose of gardenbanter?

Franz

Old 11-05-2004, 06:08 PM
Janet Baraclough..

The message
from "Franz Heymann" contains these words:

What is the *real* purpose of gardenbanter?

Making money for the webmaster.

Internet advertisers want to buy space on websites which lure large
audiences. Each occasion a person logs on to the website, is called a
hit. The more hits a website records, the more it can charge to
advertisers. A website that acts as a portal to usenet groups can score
a vast number of hits, even though the website itself has no content.

Janet.

greenhouse frogs Dave Lockwood Orchids 4 01-04-2003 05:20 PM
Greenhouse for herbs? JoAnna Gardening 3 09-02-2003 03:36 PM
Cleaning greenhouse Dave Orchids 8 09-02-2003 08:01 AM
Central Illinois Retail Greenhouse, Garden Center, and Nursery Business - For Sale by Owner Eades Greenhouse and Nursery Gardening 0 03-02-2003 09:15 PM
Ant-hostile greenhouse Vespaman Orchids 0 28-01-2003 04:26 PM