Old 17-05-2004, 04:19 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default horseradish

The message
from "RichardS" noaccess@invalid contains these words:

Just over the road from me, on the common. a large patch of Japanese
Knotweed has appeared.

If I planted some Horseradish in the middle of the infestation. Who
would win?

Rick....

Prolly combine into a new menace - Japanese Knotradish - and invade the
nation....

(yeah, I know this defies botanical science, but hey some of us like to get
our kicks from fantasising about new monster plants :-) )

The bog mindles: costard rhubarb? Deadly nighthistle? Venus hogtrap?

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 17-05-2004, 08:09 AM
Dan Welch

"Roy Bailey" wrote in message
In article , Dan Welch
writes
Hello,
I'd like to grow horseradish but have never seen plants / seeds for sale.
Any ideas where I might be able to get hold of one or the other?
All help appreciated
cheers
dan

Where are you located?

Portsmouth,for my sins...

cheers
dan

--
Roy Bailey
West Berkshire.

Old 17-05-2004, 08:10 AM
Dan Welch

"gcroft" wrote in message
news
Roy Bailey wrote:

In article , Dan Welch
writes
Hello,
I'd like to grow horseradish but have never seen plants / seeds for

sale.
Any ideas where I might be able to get hold of one or the other?
All help appreciated
cheers
dan

Where are you located?

I found a supply in a chain of shops called wilkinsons normally this time

of
year or earlier you will get a root cutting which quickly multiplies

Cheers

Gary

Thanks!

Dan

Old 20-05-2004, 03:10 PM
RichardS

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message
k...
The message
from "RichardS" noaccess@invalid contains these words:

Just over the road from me, on the common. a large patch of Japanese
Knotweed has appeared.

If I planted some Horseradish in the middle of the infestation. Who
would win?

Rick....

Prolly combine into a new menace - Japanese Knotradish - and invade the
nation....

(yeah, I know this defies botanical science, but hey some of us like to

get
our kicks from fantasising about new monster plants :-) )

The bog mindles: costard rhubarb? Deadly nighthistle? Venus hogtrap?

Ooh, I think I'd better lie down in a darkened room for a while .....

--
Richard Sampson

email me at
richard at olifant d-ot co do-t uk

Horseradish Tree Gae Xavier Texas 18 09-10-2005 08:45 AM
Horseradish again karen United Kingdom 2 07-05-2003 08:56 PM
Help, re horseradish karen United Kingdom 7 06-05-2003 11:20 PM
Horseradish growing ED ROGERS United Kingdom 3 03-05-2003 05:20 AM
Horseradish... Mungo \two sheds\ Toadfoot United Kingdom 8 03-03-2003 11:42 PM