Old 11-05-2004, 10:10 PM
Steve Shipping

Default City Gardener

Anyone know what software is used for the garden graphics on the Channel 4
programme City Gardener?

Old 12-05-2004, 05:13 PM
Philip

"Steve Shipping" wrote in message .net...
Anyone know what software is used for the garden graphics on the Channel 4
programme City Gardener?

Have you tried contacting either Channel 4, or Matt James the
presenter. He seems to have knocked out the obligatory book, so maybe
a trip to WH Smiths might give you some leads. Not suggesting that
you buy the book, just browse it. You may find they have credited the
publishers of the software in the book.

http://www.channel4.co.uk/life/micro...r/bristol.html
Old 12-05-2004, 06:12 PM
Steve Shipping

"Philip" wrote in message
m...
"Steve Shipping" wrote in message

.net...
Anyone know what software is used for the garden graphics on the Channel

4
programme City Gardener?

Have you tried contacting either Channel 4, or Matt James the
presenter. He seems to have knocked out the obligatory book, so maybe
a trip to WH Smiths might give you some leads. Not suggesting that
you buy the book, just browse it. You may find they have credited the
publishers of the software in the book.

http://www.channel4.co.uk/life/micro...r/bristol.html

Yes I have tried that. They directed me to TwoFour productions who make the
show for them. TwoFour directed me to a firm called Mainframe who do the
graphics for the show but I cannot get their website to work, so I am stuck
there for the time.

Steve

Old 12-05-2004, 07:14 PM
anne

Steve Shipping wrote in message

"Philip" wrote in message
m...
[...]

I got their html version up ok http://www.mainframe.co.uk/html/mainset.htm
I'd be interested to find out too, but I bet it's very expensive software!

Old 12-05-2004, 09:05 PM
Dave

I got their html version up ok http://www.mainframe.co.uk/html/mainset.htm
I'd be interested to find out too, but I bet it's very expensive software!

Corel Bryce is what you're looking for...

Bit of a steep learning curve, but it will create similar graphics

http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satelli...=1047022702299

---

Old 13-05-2004, 10:13 AM
Nick Wagg

"Steve Shipping" wrote in message

Yes I have tried that. They directed me to TwoFour productions who make

the
show for them. TwoFour directed me to a firm called Mainframe who do the
graphics for the show but I cannot get their website to work, so I am

stuck
there for the time.

Doesn't bode well for the quality of their software then.
--
Nick Wagg

Old 13-05-2004, 01:03 PM
Glen Able

Yes I have tried that. They directed me to TwoFour productions who make
the
show for them. TwoFour directed me to a firm called Mainframe who do

the
graphics for the show but I cannot get their website to work, so I am

stuck
there for the time.

Doesn't bode well for the quality of their software then.
--
Nick Wagg

Most likely the website is hosted by a dedicated company, not by Mainframe.

As for the software used, the majority of production firms doing 3d stuff
now use Maya. Fewer places use SoftImage or 3d Studio Max. All pretty
expensive, in the 10k ballpark for the full licenses, (assuming they have
them

Old 13-05-2004, 06:12 PM
Nick Wagg

"Glen Able" wrote in message

Hmm...careless snipping...attribution incorrect...

Yes I have tried that. They directed me to TwoFour productions who

make
the
show for them. TwoFour directed me to a firm called Mainframe who do

the
graphics for the show but I cannot get their website to work, so I am

stuck
there for the time.

Doesn't bode well for the quality of their software then.
--
Nick Wagg

Most likely the website is hosted by a dedicated company, not by

Mainframe.

That may be true but as a software engineer I would test to destruction
any website that was written for me until the other party got it right.
The same goes for whoever was hosting the site.
--
Nick Wagg

Old 13-05-2004, 10:12 PM
Steve Shipping

For anyone interested, I have received a reply. They are using 3D Studio Max

"Nick Wagg" wrote in message
"Glen Able" wrote in message

[...]

Great resource for the bayyard gardener, and first time gardener John Peterson Gardening 0 24-03-2009 12:21 AM
Head Gardener for Gardener's World wanted Sacha United Kingdom 19 01-05-2006 10:26 PM
City Gardener Steve Shipping Gardening 1 12-05-2004 12:02 AM
"City Gardener" last night and Miscanthus Annabel United Kingdom 5 02-04-2003 02:44 PM
Roses and New York City Raulman Roses 1 29-01-2003 03:41 PM