Old 26-06-2004, 11:53 AM
Just Molly

Default what are your garden pet hates?

I hate lawns. Huge expanses of nothingness however well cared for they are.
I also hate neatly cut edges and borders with alternating blue and white
lobelia and red salvias.

Old 26-06-2004, 11:53 AM
Tumbleweed

cats

tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com

Old 26-06-2004, 11:53 AM
nambucca

"Tumbleweed" wrote in message
cats

tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com

All my newly composted beds covered by the rubbish next door trims of his
b****y conifers

Old 26-06-2004, 11:53 AM
Robert

"Just Molly" wrote in message
: I hate lawns. Huge expanses of nothingness however well cared for they
are.
: I also hate neatly cut edges and borders with alternating blue and white
: lobelia and red salvias.
:
Carrot fly, cabbage root fly and cabbage club root disease

Old 26-06-2004, 11:53 AM
Just Molly

"Robert" wrote in message

"Just Molly" wrote in message
: I hate lawns. Huge expanses of nothingness however well cared for they
are.
: I also hate neatly cut edges and borders with alternating blue and

white
: lobelia and red salvias.
:
Carrot fly, cabbage root fly and cabbage club root disease

Hmmm, this isn't working very well is it? I didn't really mean what garden
pests don't you like as nobody likes garden pests. I *meant* what garden
features or plant do you dislike. You know how you drive past a garden and
think, oh that's just *awful* to look at. or bloody hell how naff, or My god
are they *colour blind*!

Old 26-06-2004, 11:53 AM
Ian Cox

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 21:48:11 +0100, Just Molly wrote:

Hmmm, this isn't working very well is it? I didn't really mean what garden
pests don't you like as nobody likes garden pests. I *meant* what garden
features or plant do you dislike. You know how you drive past a garden and
think, oh that's just *awful* to look at. or bloody hell how naff, or My god
are they *colour blind*!

OK, how about 40ft. monkey puzzle trees growing smack in front of a
window?

--
Ian Cox
Sutton-in-Ashfield
Old 26-06-2004, 11:53 AM
Just Molly

"Ian Cox" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 21:48:11 +0100, Just Molly wrote:

Hmmm, this isn't working very well is it? I didn't really mean what

garden
pests don't you like as nobody likes garden pests. I *meant* what garden
features or plant do you dislike. You know how you drive past a garden

and
think, oh that's just *awful* to look at. or bloody hell how naff, or My

god
are they *colour blind*!

OK, how about 40ft. monkey puzzle trees growing smack in front of a
window?

Thass the sorta thing I meant :0)

Old 26-06-2004, 11:53 AM
Kay

In article Z51Dc.78$6r.32@newsfe2-win, Just Molly
writes

Hmmm, this isn't working very well is it? I didn't really mean what garden
pests don't you like as nobody likes garden pests. I *meant* what garden
features or plant do you dislike. You know how you drive past a garden and
think, oh that's just *awful* to look at. or bloody hell how naff, or My god
are they *colour blind*!

Brightly coloured perennials and annuals set out in ranks against a
background of bare soil.

I don't think I think 'how awful' or 'naff' or 'are they colour blind' -
it's just that that style of gardening leaves me cold.
--
Kay

Old 26-06-2004, 11:53 AM
Brian

"Just Molly" wrote in message
I hate lawns. Huge expanses of nothingness however well cared for they

are.
I also hate neatly cut edges and borders with alternating blue and white
lobelia and red salvias.

----------------------
Any and every plant that looks better, healthier and more gorgeous in
others' gardens than mine!! But wait until next year~~I tell myself!!
Best Wishes Brian

Old 26-06-2004, 11:53 AM
Peter Crosland

Decking!

Old 26-06-2004, 11:54 AM
Klara

In message , Kay
writes
Brightly coloured perennials and annuals set out in ranks against a
background of bare soil.

I don't think I think 'how awful' or 'naff' or 'are they colour blind'
- it's just that that style of gardening leaves me cold.

Yes! Especially red/blue/yellow combinations!

I also really don't like variegated leaved plants, especially variegated
with yellow or bright green, with cerise or purple or pink flowers - or
almost with any flowers except white ones.

--
Klara, Gatwick basin
Old 26-06-2004, 11:54 AM
Kay

In article , Klara
writes
In message , Kay
writes
Brightly coloured perennials and annuals set out in ranks against a
background of bare soil.

I don't think I think 'how awful' or 'naff' or 'are they colour blind'
- it's just that that style of gardening leaves me cold.

Yes! Especially red/blue/yellow combinations!

I also really don't like variegated leaved plants, especially variegated
with yellow or bright green, with cerise or purple or pink flowers - or
almost with any flowers except white ones.

Spotted laurel
--
Kay

Old 26-06-2004, 11:54 AM
Dave Poole

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 23:56:44 +0100, Kay
wrote:

I don't think I think 'how awful' or 'naff' or 'are they colour blind'
- it's just that that style of gardening leaves me cold.

Yes! Especially red/blue/yellow combinations!

I also really don't like variegated leaved plants, especially variegated
with yellow or bright green, with cerise or purple or pink flowers - or
almost with any flowers except white ones.

Spotted laurel

Any shrubby Potentilla, any Hypericum apart from 'Rowallane', shrubby
Cotoneasters (esp. and including horizontalis and the myriad,
desperately dull forms of microphyllus), hybrid tea roses and Salix
caprea 'Pendula' (Kilmarnock willow). Oh and I forgot, add to this,
large exhibition type Dahlias & Chrysanths and the big flowered (Edna
Everage type!) gladioli.

Dave Poole
Torquay, Coastal South Devon UK
Winter min -2°C. Summer max 34°C.
Growing season: March - November
Drop 's' when mailing
Old 26-06-2004, 11:54 AM
Brian Watson

"Just Molly" wrote in message
I hate lawns. Huge expanses of nothingness however well cared for they

are.
I also hate neatly cut edges and borders with alternating blue and white
lobelia and red salvias.

I have taken up all my lawns as I no longer see the point of growing work.

I have an intense antipathy to ivy, but am winning on that front at the
moment, and bindweed comes a close second.

:-)
--
Brian
"When all about you is crumbling, when the arse is falling out of your

Old 26-06-2004, 11:54 AM
Brian Watson

"Just Molly" wrote in message

Hmmm, this isn't working very well is it? I didn't really mean what

garden
pests don't you like as nobody likes garden pests. I *meant* what garden
features or plant do you dislike. You know how you drive past a garden and
think, oh that's just *awful* to look at. or bloody hell how naff, or My

god
are they *colour blind*!

OK. "A few gnomes."

One gnome - good (it's ironic, damnit).
A few gnomes - naff as can be, what can they be thinking of?
A garden full of gnomes - the owner is plainly a fine example of an English
eccentric who should be respected as such.
--
Brian
"Happy St George's Day. It either is, just was, or soon will be."