Old 18-11-2004, 02:26 PM
Pam Moore

Default Fallen eaves

I want to buy a pair of those leaf grubbers; two plastic things with
"fingers" on one edge, for picking up leaves. My front garden, which
is gravelled and planted, is covered with all the neighbourhood leaves
as well as my own. A rake would likely damage the plants.
Now I cannot drive, it is not easy to get to the garden centres or B&Q
type places.
I cannot justify buying a vac for one small garden.
Can anyone tell me who sells them, or if there is somewhere on line
which sells them?
TIA

Pam in Bristol
Old 18-11-2004, 04:23 PM
Richard Sterry

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
I want to buy a pair of those leaf grubbers; two plastic things with
"fingers" on one edge, for picking up leaves. My front garden, which
is gravelled and planted, is covered with all the neighbourhood leaves
as well as my own. A rake would likely damage the plants.
Now I cannot drive, it is not easy to get to the garden centres or B&Q
type places.
I cannot justify buying a vac for one small garden.
Can anyone tell me who sells them, or if there is somewhere on line
which sells them?
TIA

Can't help you with a source, I'm afraid, but the pair I own were marketed
under the name "Big Hands". Can you not get a kindly relative, friend or
neighbour to keep an eye out for some in local garden centres or DIY sheds?

Rick

Old 18-11-2004, 04:43 PM
Sacha

"The fallen eaves drift past my window............. " ;-)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 18-11-2004, 07:04 PM
Tumbleweed

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
I want to buy a pair of those leaf grubbers; two plastic things with
"fingers" on one edge, for picking up leaves. My front garden, which
is gravelled and planted, is covered with all the neighbourhood leaves
as well as my own. A rake would likely damage the plants.
Now I cannot drive, it is not easy to get to the garden centres or B&Q
type places.
I cannot justify buying a vac for one small garden.
Can anyone tell me who sells them, or if there is somewhere on line
which sells them?
TIA

Pam in Bristol

google is your friend

http://www.ahsdirect.co.uk/category/95/

never used this place, so dunno if they are any good at delivering but now
you know what its called you can always google for other suppliers

--
Tumbleweed

Remove my socks for email address

Old 18-11-2004, 08:37 PM
Sally Thompson

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 14:26:23 GMT, Pam Moore
wrote:

I want to buy a pair of those leaf grubbers; two plastic things with
"fingers" on one edge, for picking up leaves. My front garden, which
is gravelled and planted, is covered with all the neighbourhood leaves
as well as my own. A rake would likely damage the plants.
Now I cannot drive, it is not easy to get to the garden centres or B&Q
type places.
I cannot justify buying a vac for one small garden.
Can anyone tell me who sells them, or if there is somewhere on line
which sells them?

Pam, I have a feeling that Lakeland Limited do them. Unfortunately
their web site is down at the moment www.lakelandlimited.com but you
could always phone them to enquire on 015394 88100 or email them on

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
bed and breakfast near Ludlow:

Old 18-11-2004, 09:03 PM
Pam Moore

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 19:04:23 -0000, "Tumbleweed"
wrote:

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
.. .
I want to buy a pair of those leaf grubbers; two plastic things with
"fingers" on one edge, for picking up leaves. My front garden, which
is gravelled and planted, is covered with all the neighbourhood leaves
as well as my own. A rake would likely damage the plants.
Now I cannot drive, it is not easy to get to the garden centres or B&Q
type places.
I cannot justify buying a vac for one small garden.
Can anyone tell me who sells them, or if there is somewhere on line
which sells them?
TIA

Pam in Bristol

google is your friend

http://www.ahsdirect.co.uk/category/95/

never used this place, so dunno if they are any good at delivering but now
you know what its called you can always google for other suppliers

Thanks Tumbleweed. Sadly the postage costs more than the item so I
shall have to phone round some garden centres and then get someone to
take me.

Pam in Bristol
Old 18-11-2004, 09:07 PM
Pam Moore

Thanks for the serenade, Sacha! I just wish they would drift past
someone else's window!

Thanks Richard. At least I know what they are called now!

Pam in Bristol
Old 18-11-2004, 09:50 PM
Tumbleweed

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 19:04:23 -0000, "Tumbleweed"
wrote:

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

I wouldnt bet on that being any cheaper. If they are £4.99 +postage on the
net they are probably £9.99 at your local GC.

Anyway, what about here, £7.50 inc P+P

http://www.gardening-emporium.co.uk/...products_id=72