Old 18-11-2004, 06:01 PM
Andrew

Default Tree root poison

Hi,

Has anyone used this product who can let me know if it was succesful
please - "Growing Success deep root tree stump killer".

I have a fir tree approc 12 foot high and an oak tree approx 15 ft high
(nearly all trunk with a few very small branches at the top) which I want to
treat.

Thanks

Andrew

Old 18-11-2004, 06:55 PM
Rod

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 18:01:26 GMT, "Andrew"
wrote:

Hi,

Has anyone used this product who can let me know if it was succesful
please - "Growing Success deep root tree stump killer".

I have a fir tree approc 12 foot high and an oak tree approx 15 ft high
(nearly all trunk with a few very small branches at the top) which I want to
treat.

Good useful product but you don't need it for your 'fir'. I don't know
what your 'fir' is, but the vast majority of conifers will not survive
being cut to ground level. It will work fine on your oak. However
these trees are quite small enough to get out completely with a bit of
effort and I always prefer to do that if possible. It's much easier to
garden in the area if you aren't trying to work around tree stumps.

Rod

Weed my email address to reply.
Old 18-11-2004, 07:07 PM
Emrys Davies

Yes, I totally agree with Rod's sentiments. Andrew did not give the
diameter of the respective trees so that we can gauge how easy it would
be to upend them.

I suspect that both would be about 7" diameter in which case it would
not take much digging, chopping and rocking to dislodge both of them.
They would, of course, need to be chopped down to about 4' before work
begins.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Old 18-11-2004, 07:10 PM
Andrew

Thanks for the replies chaps.

I would normally prefer to cut the tree down below ground level if possible,
but they are in a fairly confined space between my shed and garden fence, so
a little awkward to get to. I may just have to cut it as best I can just
above ground level.

Thanks again

Andrew

Old 19-11-2004, 04:51 PM
David

I also have used it on a tree stump left from a poplar tree which I felled
last spring. I've just lifted the plastic sheet off it and can confirm that
it seems to be working with no fresh growth. Like Steve says, ensure that it
is applied straight after felling the tree,

regards,

David

"Steve Harris" wrote in message
In article ,
(Andrew) wrote:

Has anyone used this product who can let me know if it was succesful
please - "Growing Success deep root tree stump killer".

Yes. Treat the stump IMMEDIATELY after felling. Do not stop for a cup of
tea. You want to get the poison into a raw wound.

A useful bit of gardening software at
http://www.netservs.com/garden/