Old 15-12-2004, 10:36 AM
Peter Stockdale

Default Quiz - I.D. -Flower ?

The sun has just come out here and so has this flower.

http://us.f3.yahoofs.com/users/41a0e...JVBwBBY0zmY_kQ

Name that plant ?

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com

Old 15-12-2004, 11:10 AM
JennyC

"Peter Stockdale" wrote in message
The sun has just come out here and so has this flower.

http://us.f3.yahoofs.com/users/41a0e...pg?phJVBwBBY0z
mY_kQ

Name that plant ?

Regards
Pete

URL - 404 !
Jenny

Old 15-12-2004, 01:15 PM
Peter Stockdale

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Peter Stockdale" wrote in message
The sun has just come out here and so has this flower.

http://us.f3.yahoofs.com/users/41a0e...pg?phJVBwBBY0z
mY_kQ

Name that plant ?

Regards
Pete

URL - 404 !
Jenny

Ooops -sorry
- I will redo tonite
Regards
Pete

Old 15-12-2004, 01:19 PM
Cereus-validus...

What are you supposed to be, some kind of wise guy?

The link isn't any good.

BTW, what do we win if we ID the flower? An all expenses paid trip to Kew
gardens?

Old 15-12-2004, 06:17 PM
Peter Stockdale

"Cereus-validus..." wrote in message
m...
What are you supposed to be, some kind of wise guy?

The link isn't any good.

BTW, what do we win if we ID the flower? An all expenses paid trip to Kew
gardens?

Just wise enough to have learnt not to top post and be rude in public.
I have already apologised for the incorrect link.
I will attempt a repost elsewhere.
Thank you however to Jenny C for pointing out my error correctly

Pete

Old 15-12-2004, 07:25 PM
Cereus-validus...

Enough of you insolence, Stockboy. Either post the correct link or be silent
instead of showing arrogance in the face of your total incompetence. At this
point, an apology isn't good enough. Thank your luck stars we are not having
this discourse face to face.

The plant better be a worthy challenge instead of some paltry weed that is
not deserving of all your drama. Otherwise, you have not heard the end of my
displeasure.

I will continue to top post if it annoys you so much, dweeb.

Old 15-12-2004, 10:58 PM
Peter Stockdale

"Cereus-validus..." wrote in message
m...
Finally saw you picture.

http://www.geocities.com/thecanalsho...wwpetesws.html

That's an easy one.

Its the flowers of the "Venus Flytrap", Dionaea muscipula.

Showing the leaves would have been most helpful.

http://www.botany.org/bsa/misc/carn.html

http://www.botany.org/bsa/misc/carn.html

Was omitting important information supposed to be your idea of being
clever?

I will continue to top post regardless of how you feel about it.

Correct - well done . However I remain mystified as to what important
information I omitted that justifies me of being accused of being "clever".
If it was just showing the flower without the leaves I claim vindication -
the leaves included would have been a dead giveaway !

Pete