Old 22-12-2004, 06:13 PM
Sacha

On 22/12/04 15:45, in article , "Nick
Maclaren" wrote:

snip

You should be using table napkins.

Hear hear! Glad it's not just me....!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
(remove the weeds to email me)

Old 22-12-2004, 06:16 PM
Sacha

On 22/12/04 17:19, in article , "Nick
Maclaren" wrote:

In article ,
"Mike" writes:

| No :-)
|
| You should be using table napkins.
|
| Folded in the form of a Bishop's Mitre perhaps ;-) ?
|
| If I had a £!.00 for every one of those I had folded I would be rather rich
| :-)) My parents had an Hotel and every guest table napkin was folded after
| every meal in the form of a Bishop's Mitre.

NO!!!!

You may be an excellent waiter, but would fail dismally as a butler.
The conventions are entirely different in hotels and private houses.

Napkins are folded into quarters as squares, again into a triangle,
and are placed on the side-plate to the left of the place setting.

Similarly, no cutlery except possibly dessert implements (by which
I do NOT mean pudding ones) are placed beyond the place setting; all
others are to the side, in use order starting from the outside,
except for the knife used for spreading butter, which is placed on
the inside.

Don't ask me why :-)

Nick, did we have the same parents, or something.....? ;-)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 22-12-2004, 07:20 PM
Mike

Now that's posh. {:-))

Well there you go. The keepers of the newsgroup have taken GREAT DELIGHT to
show that I am NOT posh, even common perhaps?

So even the Barracloff has got it wrong toooooooooo!!!!!!

:-))

Happy Christmas everyone :-))

Old 23-12-2004, 06:50 AM
Franz Heymann

"Sacha" wrote in message
k...
On 22/12/04 15:45, in article ,

"Nick
Maclaren" wrote:

snip

You should be using table napkins.

Hear hear! Glad it's not just me....!

A square torn from a roll of kitchen paper dos not need to be washed.

Franz

Old 23-12-2004, 08:59 AM
Mike

A square torn from a roll of kitchen paper dos not need to be washed.

Franz

Thought I would be a smart arse and say, "They are not squares on a Kitchen
Roll they are ..............." and when I went to measure one, found it
square!!

Mike
Who wishes he was perfect like some on urg

Old 23-12-2004, 12:41 PM
jane

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 17:31:24 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

~
~"Mike" wrote in message
~ seen what happens to a Silver Serving spoon if left in a Tureen
~of
~ Brussel
~ Sprouts?
~
~ Now that's posh. {:-))
~
~
~ ? Posh? I take it you serve your sprouts at the table from a bucket
~and use
~ a garden trowel?
~
~Indeed yes, insofar as we don't eat sprouts. We prefer to eat the pig
~which ate the sprouts.
~{:-)

Sounds familiar!
My husband (avowed carnivore) says he likes vegetables, so long as
they are pre-processed by a cow or a pig!

(But I'm educating him gradually... he admits homegrown veg do taste
better and I do catch him eating them!)

--
jane

Mark Twain