Old 06-01-2005, 06:48 PM
Foxfield

First impressions count. I would scrap the whole site. Make it more
business like. Cut the humour, keep that for when you are face to face
with
your customers and they can see your eyes.

Mike

I doubt if wanadoo would accept my site if it was more business-like.
Clearly there is a need for me to have a dedicated business website but all
things in good time. I'd also like a Pick-up Truck instead of a Ford Escort
and Trailer.!!! As for my humour - not really bothered whether you like it
or not.

Jury's still out on the "wind up" theory - perhaps there is some dating
confusion as well - 01-01-05 pre-empting 01-04-05 .

Not sure what you're referring to regarding dates, as for Jurys and Nick's
comment, I never knew they could be self-appointed but then there are one or
two self-appointed Business Advisors on this Group also. I appreciate
constructive comments but there seems to be an undertone of sneering and
derision in this thread.

Prove me wrong Andrew - what canal - ware have you on offer and what is

it
priced at ?

Pete

Don't feel the urge to prove anything to you Pete but to answer your
question and lay myself open for a whole new barrage of critisism, I have
very few items of canalware currently; a few coasters and nick-nacks priced
at around £10.00 per set plus postage. I do have a collection of Buckbys,
watering cans and Trays waiting completion but it's very time-consuming.

Old 06-01-2005, 08:36 PM
Pete

Don't feel the urge to prove anything to you Pete but to answer your
question and lay myself open for a whole new barrage of critisism, I have
very few items of canalware currently; a few coasters and nick-nacks
priced
at around £10.00 per set plus postage. I do have a collection of Buckbys,
watering cans and Trays waiting completion but it's very time-consuming.

(Foxfield)

Perhaps you could publish photos of the coasters and nick-nacks.
I look forward to the photos of the other completed items before further
consideration of purchase.

Pete

Old 06-01-2005, 08:54 PM
Mike

I doubt if wanadoo would accept my site if it was more business-like.
Clearly there is a need for me to have a dedicated business website but

all
things in good time.

If you are 'advertising' in this and other newsgroups, then I would have
thought that a good web site is very important to have, and a business like
one as well.

I'd also like a Pick-up Truck instead of a Ford Escort
and Trailer.!!!

Can you afford to run two vehicles yet? or would your family be happy going
shopping in a Pick up Truck? If you think about it, you have the idea
situation now. A car for family use and a trailer for the goods. A sign on
the trailer says it all. Two vehicles for how many drivers in the family?
One? One driver can only drive one vehicle at a time. If on the other hand
another member of staff can be doing admin business calls whilst you are out
in the pick up, OK it make sense, but, how often are two vehicles needed? I
had two companies and two vehicles, but they were 'interchangable', one was
a mini van and the other a car. My daughter who ran one business but was
'office bound' had the car because it 'stayed still', and I would use the
mini van which was sign written

As for my humour - not really bothered whether you like it
or not.

but if I don't like it, how many others don't like it and are put off?

Jury's still out on the "wind up" theory - perhaps there is some dating
confusion as well - 01-01-05 pre-empting 01-04-05 .

Not sure what you're referring to regarding dates, as for Jurys and Nick's
comment, I never knew they could be self-appointed but then there are one

or
two self-appointed Business Advisors on this Group also.

I suppose that is a dig at me. I am sorry you are not prepared to take ANY
form of critisism. Business is a tough word for a tough world ANY
advice/critisism should be listened to. Did you take any notice of your
Lecturer on your Business Course when he was doing the Sales Lecture? The
Bank Manager when you were discussing Cash Flows? Your Financial Advisor
when discussing your Pension and your Insurance Broker when discussing Third
Party Liability Insurance? Or did you treat that as critisism as well? I
wrote a book a few years ago for the new Businessman but never got it
published, but the title was "The New Business Minefield", because starting
a business is not a thing you 'dabble at'

I appreciate
constructive comments but there seems to be an undertone of sneering and
derision in this thread.

No sneering from me my old sunshine, but in my honest opinion, you are going
about it in the wrong way. As I said at the top, if I were advertising on
this medium, my web site would be superb and encouraging. No not done by me,
but an expert because you get what you pay for. If I did it it wold be crap
because that is not my line.

I wish you well

Old 08-01-2005, 01:05 PM
Foxfield

I'd also like a Pick-up Truck instead of a Ford Escort
and Trailer.!!!

.......that's insted of, not as well as. !

Can you afford to run two vehicles yet?

not really any of your business is it?

or would your family be happy going
shopping in a Pick up Truck?

Yes they would be quite happy seeing as we had one before for seven years

If you think about it, you have the idea
situation now. A car for family use and a trailer for the goods. A sign on
the trailer says it all. Two vehicles for how many drivers in the family?
One? One driver can only drive one vehicle at a time.

Yes well if you took note of the 'instead of' you could have saved yourself
the bother of all this patronising crap.

If on the other hand
another member of staff can be doing admin business calls whilst you are

out
in the pick up, OK it make sense, but, how often are two vehicles needed?

had two companies and two vehicles, but they were 'interchangable', one

was
a mini van and the other a car. My daughter who ran one business but was
'office bound' had the car because it 'stayed still', and I would use the
mini van which was sign written

bully for you

I suppose that is a dig at me. I am sorry you are not prepared to take ANY
form of critisism. Business is a tough word for a tough world ANY
advice/critisism should be listened to.

I take notice of good, practical constructive critisism and advice. I have
no time for pompous arrogant has-beens.

Did you take any notice of your
Lecturer on your Business Course when he was doing the Sales Lecture? The
Bank Manager when you were discussing Cash Flows? Your Financial Advisor
when discussing your Pension and your Insurance Broker when discussing

Third
Party Liability Insurance? Or did you treat that as critisism as well?

see above

I wrote a book a few years ago for the new Businessman but never got it
published, but the title was "The New Business Minefield",

bully for you again! I think I may have seen it at a Sunday market.

because starting a business is not a thing you 'dabble at'

Who said I was dabbling? Clearly, your arrogant know-it-all attitude is
going to rub most people up the wrong way.

As I said before, you're full of it aren't you? and you just love talking
down to people.

I appreciate
constructive comments but there seems to be an undertone of sneering and
derision in this thread.

No sneering from me my old sunshine, (patronising again)but in my honest

opinion, you are going
about it in the wrong way. (in your opinion, which you can keep)

As I said at the top, if I were advertising on
this medium, my web site would be superb and encouraging. No not done by

me,
but an expert because you get what you pay for. If I did it it wold be

crap
because that is not my line. It's up to you what you do and it's up to me

how I go about my business. I have chosen to set up my own website pro tem,
with a view to having something else created in due course. It's on a long
wish list.

I wish you well

I wish you'd find something useful to do. No more replies to all this
Victor Meldrew pomposity. I haven't the time.

Old 08-01-2005, 02:39 PM
Mike

Now I wonder why he has TWO failed marriages!!!

Old 08-01-2005, 04:57 PM
Peter Stockdale

"Mike" wrote in message
Now I wonder why he has TWO failed marriages!!!

Closely followed by failed website !!!!

Pete

Old 08-01-2005, 05:11 PM
Mike

Closely followed by failed website !!!!

Pete

:-((

and a failed business?

:-((

Old 08-01-2005, 05:41 PM
Mike

:-((

and a failed business?

:-((

What he might not realise, is the terrific amount who read this newsgroup,
but never subscribe, they just lurk and email :-))

Why do you think I have such a siggy ? ;-))

--
H.M.S.Collingwood Ass. Llandudno 20 - 23 May Trip to Portmeirion
National Service (RAF) Ass. Cosford 24 - 27 June Lanc Bomber Fly Past

Old 08-01-2005, 05:58 PM
Peter Stockdale

"Mike" wrote in message
:-((

and a failed business?

:-((

What he might not realise, is the terrific amount who read this newsgroup,
but never subscribe, they just lurk and email :-))

Why do you think I have such a siggy ? ;-))

--
H.M.S.Collingwood Ass. Llandudno 20 - 23 May Trip to Portmeirion
National Service (RAF) Ass. Cosford 24 - 27 June Lanc Bomber Fly Past
H.M.S.Impregnable Ass. Sussex 1 - 3 July Visit to Int. Fest of the Sea
British Pacific Fleet. Derby 2 - 5 Sept. Visit to Denby Pottery

Thought I would reply quickly just in case F-F is watching !!
I can only say that we are all relieved that you do not use it after every
post !!!

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com

Old 08-01-2005, 06:33 PM
Mike

Thought I would reply quickly just in case F-F is watching !!

No he is toooooooo busy fighting back the customers ;-(( NOT

I can only say that we are all relieved that you do not use it after every
post !!!

I don't have to :-)) just once in a while :-))

Getting ready for the International Festival of the Sea at Portsmouth in
June/July :-))
THAT will be big :-))

Mike

Old 08-01-2005, 07:15 PM
Franz Heymann

"Foxfield" wrote in message
Mike" wrote in message
... Are they frost proof

for out
of doors in the UK?

If so, to a drop in temperature of how much?

Mike
Would you like to see our frost damaged 'frost proof' pots

etc????????????

Mike. Yes, they are frost proof. They are made out of stone

aggregate as
opposed to ordinary concrete and are therefore as able to withstand

cold
weather as well as any rockery stone you may have in your garden.

Ordinary concrete is totally frostproof. Concrete pots just don't
look right to me.

I lived in The Highlands recently (Moray) and they were fine up

there.

http://foxfield-parva.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk

Franz

Old 08-01-2005, 07:32 PM
Mike

Ordinary concrete is totally frostproof. Concrete pots just don't
look right to me.

Oi!! He doesn't care what you think looks right, you don't count mate, you
are only a prospective customer. If he wants to make concrete pots, he will.
Just you remember, it's "his" business.

So there.

Old 08-01-2005, 08:53 PM
Peter Stockdale

"Mike" wrote in message

No he is toooooooo busy fighting back the customers ;-(( NOT

Mike

They won't have found him from details on the website !

Pete

Old 08-01-2005, 09:07 PM
Mike

They won't have found him from details on the website !

Pete

I don't think he knows what the initials www mean.

I think his middle name is Ratner

Old 08-01-2005, 09:13 PM
Mike

They won't have found him from details on the website !

Pete

One of the best websites I have seen and used is www.bagnboxman.co.uk , I
wanted some of those bags which are paper on the back by see through on the
front. The sort of things they put fancy cakes in. Didn't know what they
were called, how you bought them or anything. Found them on that site :-))
And at a good price as well.
No, nothing to do with me or my family or anyone I know. And if you are
wondering what they are called, "Clear faced bags" pretty obvious when you
come to think of it :-)) 500 of their 178 x 241 mm cost me £18.37 and they
came the next day :-))