Old 08-02-2005, 09:55 PM
Franz Heymann

"Tim Challenger" wrote in message
news:1107870607.3348442bfc1e3a8d346ffda74fb3efc6@t eranews...
On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 00:15:02 +0100, wrote:

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 19:08:13 -0000, "Mike Lyle"
wrote:

Less trouble to shift to the German server: I'm a bit surprised BT
bother to have a news server of their own, and they may well

decide
to follow AOL's example and scrap it if it isn't a very good one.

You
can get hooked up free of charge from:
http://news.individual.net/

Franz has been trying to without success for a couple of weeks

now.

I haven't had a reply from "individual" for over a week either.

I have now applied twice to subscribe to them, and on both occasions,
all I ever get is an automated reply promising me a human reply later.
I have, on occasion, blown my top really very badly at cranks, fools
and trolls in sci.physics.
I wonder if the German folk do a little investigating of the posting
history of candidates and just ignore those who fail such a test of
good manners.
Have you ever lost your temper badly in any newsgroup?

Franz

Old 08-02-2005, 11:41 PM
Mike Lyle

wrote:

[...]

Interesting hypothesis. I had actually exceeded the bounds of courtly
politesse a couple of times before I made my initial application, so
I don't think it's that; and there must be far too many people out
there for them to monitor such things until somebody brings a direct
accusation. But you could try applying under an assumed name and a
new email address and see what happens. In fact, I think I'll try it
myself if I'm not too busy some time this week. Maybe.

Mike.

Old 09-02-2005, 09:27 AM
Tim Challenger

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 21:55:51 +0000 (UTC), Franz Heymann wrote:
...snip...
I wonder if the German folk do a little investigating of the posting
history of candidates and just ignore those who fail such a test of
good manners.
Have you ever lost your temper badly in any newsgroup?

Franz

I didn't even get an automated reply. :-( They must really hate me.

--
Tim C.