Old 22-02-2005, 08:08 AM
David W.E. Roberts

Default Worst winter in the last 10 minutes?

Hi,

following on from all the doom laden predictions a couple of months ago we
now have wall to wall news coverage of the snow (although the snow isn't
giving wall to wall coverage.....).

However being on the east coast of Suffolk the weather is quite nice - no
frost or snow, a bit brisk but sunny between the clouds.

I am starting to wonder if all the news coverage is an elaborate hoax.

Shall I put my sledge back in the loft again (unused these 10 years or
more)?

What is it like in North Devon?

We are going there next week to escape the blizzards :-)

Cheers
Dave R

Old 22-02-2005, 08:46 AM
McCready

"David W.E. Roberts" wrote in message
Hi,

following on from all the doom laden predictions a couple of months ago we
now have wall to wall news coverage of the snow (although the snow isn't
giving wall to wall coverage.....).

However being on the east coast of Suffolk the weather is quite nice - no
frost or snow, a bit brisk but sunny between the clouds.

I am starting to wonder if all the news coverage is an elaborate hoax.

Shall I put my sledge back in the loft again (unused these 10 years or
more)?

What is it like in North Devon?

We are going there next week to escape the blizzards :-)

Cheers
Dave R

It snowed in Bath yesterday and was bitterly cold.
This morning, in Bristol, it's lovely with no mist on my car at all.
They said it's going to be bad mid-week.
I take that as Wednesday.

Still it's warm in my heated greenhouse. :O)

Old 22-02-2005, 09:14 AM
McCready

"McCready" wrote in message
. uk...

[...]

OOPS! It's just started to snow in Bristol.

Old 22-02-2005, 09:14 AM
The Reids

Following up to David W.E. Roberts

I am starting to wonder if all the news coverage is an elaborate hoax.

they are terrified of under reporting bad weather, we had a thin
coating last night (London).
--
Mike Reid
Wasdale-Thames path-London-photos "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" -- you can email us@ this site
Old 22-02-2005, 10:33 AM
Tim Challenger

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 09:14:22 +0000, The Reids wrote:

Following up to David W.E. Roberts

I am starting to wonder if all the news coverage is an elaborate hoax.

they are terrified of under reporting bad weather, we had a thin
coating last night (London).

A bit OT:
I had 7" in the top of the car this morning, and, in fact everywhere, but
then I sort of expected it where I live ;-) It still took me ages to clear
the drive.

--
Tim C.

Old 22-02-2005, 11:13 AM
Mike

A very slight sprinkling of whitish slush first thing.
Cleared by 0930
Occasional flurries of light snow around 1000
Now brilliant sunshine and very hot coming through the Doors to the Patio
:-)) 1115
Patio wet but drying fast.

South Coast of Isle of Wight

Mike

--
H.M.S.Collingwood Ass. Llandudno 20 - 23 May Trip to Portmeirion
National Service (RAF) Ass. Cosford 24 - 27 June Lanc Bomber Fly Past
. uk...

Old 22-02-2005, 12:59 PM
andrewpreece

"David W.E. Roberts" wrote in message
Hi,

following on from all the doom laden predictions a couple of months ago we
now have wall to wall news coverage of the snow (although the snow isn't
giving wall to wall coverage.....).

However being on the east coast of Suffolk the weather is quite nice - no
frost or snow, a bit brisk but sunny between the clouds.

I am starting to wonder if all the news coverage is an elaborate hoax.

Shall I put my sledge back in the loft again (unused these 10 years or
more)?

What is it like in North Devon?

We are going there next week to escape the blizzards :-)

Cheers
Dave R

Seems clear in S. Devon. We had a half-hour flurry yesterday that turned to
water in a few minutes. I waited 'til it was over and got on with planting
the onions.

Andy.

Old 22-02-2005, 01:14 PM
Paul

The 'chaos' headlines from the UK apparently give much amusement to Alpine
and other areas used to snow. In reality I don't think there really is much
chaos, just perhaps a lack of imagination from our media.
Paul

Old 22-02-2005, 01:21 PM
Tim Challenger

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 13:14:04 -0000, Paul wrote:

The 'chaos' headlines from the UK apparently give much amusement to Alpine
and other areas used to snow. In reality I don't think there really is much
chaos, just perhaps a lack of imagination from our media.
Paul

You haven't seen the chaos in Austria the day of a heavy fall after a
snow-free period have you? ;-)

We had 7" here overnight in the lowlands and there were cars in the ditches
every 2 miles on the way to work this morning. They should be used to it by
now. The chaos is the same, only the Austrians need a bit more snow for it
to happen, but happen it does.

--
Tim C.
Old 22-02-2005, 02:11 PM
Theo Markettos

David W.E. Roberts wrote:
Hi,

following on from all the doom laden predictions a couple of months ago we
now have wall to wall news coverage of the snow (although the snow isn't
giving wall to wall coverage.....).

However being on the east coast of Suffolk the weather is quite nice - no
frost or snow, a bit brisk but sunny between the clouds.

It's definitely snowing in Cambridge at the moment - has been snowing three
times since first thing, when everything was covered with a thin layer of
snow that melted after the sun came up.

It stopped in the time it took to type that paragraph :-)

It's nice and sunny in Cambridge at the moment...

Theo

Old 22-02-2005, 02:26 PM
Victoria Clare

"David W.E. Roberts" wrote in news:3807k9F5j1j2jU1
@individual.net:

What is it like in North Devon?

We are going there next week to escape the blizzards :-)

My mum says no snow with her yet (Shirwell).

Down here the weather has been cold but very sunny: it's a gorgeous day at
the mo, though a bit chilly. There's cloud over the north end of Dartmoor,
which I can just about see from hre - but it doesn't look as though it's
raining up there yet.

Victoria
--
gardening on a north-facing hill
in South-East Cornwall
Old 22-02-2005, 02:38 PM
Phil L

David W.E. Roberts wrote:
:: Hi,
::
:: following on from all the doom laden predictions a couple of
:: months ago we now have wall to wall news coverage of the snow
:: (although the snow isn't giving wall to wall coverage.....).
::
:: However being on the east coast of Suffolk the weather is quite
:: nice - no frost or snow, a bit brisk but sunny between the clouds.
::
:: I am starting to wonder if all the news coverage is an elaborate
:: hoax.
::
:: Shall I put my sledge back in the loft again (unused these 10
:: years or more)?
::
:: What is it like in North Devon?

Sunny and dry in Lancashire and has been for over a week.
Occasional light snow showers but not enough to turn stuff white, nor to wet
the path when it melts.

--

http://www.blueyonder256k.myby.co.uk/

Old 22-02-2005, 05:09 PM
Kay

In article , McCready
writes

Still it's warm in my heated greenhouse. :O)

Yes, mine too. 65 deg F in the daytime, with crocuses, daffodils, grape
hyacinths, lobelia and fuchsias in flower, and big pink flowered
butterworts, and the whole greenhouse scented with jasmine. A lovely
oasis.
--
Kay

Old 22-02-2005, 05:25 PM
Davy Murray

We have had snow, hail, rain and shine today. Not necessarily in that
order.

We are fifteen miles south east of Glasgow though.

Davy M.

. uk...

Old 22-02-2005, 07:49 PM
Colin Jacobs

Yea my site at Hopton was windy but cold. In sheltered areas it was rather
cosy. atm just flitting from job to job dodging the showers as we go.

A snowball fight with the dancers has been arranged for Thursday though.
CJ
"Phil L" wrote in message
. uk...
David W.E. Roberts wrote: