Old 06-02-2003, 09:29 AM
Andy

Default Cat Grass!

I was wandering 'round the local Homebase the other
day, grumbling about the price of Lupins - nearly three
quid - so I wandered over to the seeds and what did I
find? Cat grass, that's what. The packet displayed
a picture of a bowl with grass growing in it, along with a
smug looking cat and the blurb 'Special indoor grass for
your cat.' or some such nonsense. What is going on here?

I know it's tempting, but let's not just cover the same old
ground here, eh.

Andy

http://www.mycathatesyou.com/catindex.htm
Old 06-02-2003, 09:52 AM
c.mcculloch

Could be for people who keey cats in flats or houses without gardens? Or
maybe it is just that some wholesale nursery has a very good sales
department!
Colin

Old 06-02-2003, 10:33 AM
Drakanthus

... Cat grass, that's what. The packet displayed
a picture of a bowl with grass growing in it, along with a
smug looking cat and the blurb 'Special indoor grass for
your cat.' or some such nonsense. What is going on here?

Andy

I guess Homebase will be selling miniature lawn mowers to cut it next!
--
Drakanthus.

( Spam filter: Include the word VB anywhere in the
subject line or emails will never reach me.)

Old 06-02-2003, 11:21 AM
Jack

Slightly OT, but a friend of mine had an "indoor cat" that she had trained
to actually use her toilet. She had put a baby toilet seat thing on it and
the cat jumped on top and did its business in the loo!

Old 06-02-2003, 09:08 PM
Kay Easton

In article , Andy p.panter@
REMOVESPAMTRAP.ntl.com writes

So what's the connection with cats? Why not gerbil or hamster grass?

Oh no! I only posted it for a laugh; now I really want to know.

gerbils and hamsters don't need grass in their diets.

Cats chew grass - I don't think it's really clear why, may be something
to do with digestion - often seems to stimulate them to regurgitate
furballs.

If they don't have grass available, then they will often turn to
houseplants instead.

So it's suggested that indoor cats should have a tray of grass
available.

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
http://www.scarboro.demon.co.uk/garden/

Old 07-02-2003, 01:20 AM
Andy

On Thu, 6 Feb 2003 21:08:17 +0000, Kay Easton
wrote:

In article , Andy p.panter@
REMOVESPAMTRAP.ntl.com writes

So what's the connection with cats? Why not gerbil or hamster grass?

Oh no! I only posted it for a laugh; now I really want to know.

gerbils and hamsters don't need grass in their diets.

Cats chew grass - I don't think it's really clear why, may be something
to do with digestion - often seems to stimulate them to regurgitate
furballs.

If they don't have grass available, then they will often turn to
houseplants instead.

So it's suggested that indoor cats should have a tray of grass
available.

Let me see if I've got this right: Cats eat grass in order to be
sick. Some people grow grass for their cat to eat. Inside the
house. Which means that their cat will be sick /inside/ the house.
Probably where they can't find it for months. NOOOOOOO!

Andy