Old 13-05-2005, 04:48 PM
Registered User

Thumbs up Halooooo people! Got some great news

Hallo people, my name is Sally Lamb, and I am a retired housewife who has nothing to do with myself, so I visit Gardening Forums advising people of the cheapest shops and websites at this present time.

So here goes, B&Q and homebase are in rivls at the moment to gain the most summer customers and are batteling it out to get the most custom and are selling products at rediculous prices.

Any way that is in stores, but online i have come accross this site called green fingers, and they have got a 10% off everything sale, is that it you might think, but they are already considerably cheap compared to all the shops etc. anyway here is the link if your interested

http://clkuk.tradedoubler.com/click?...069925&g=95033
Old 13-05-2005, 10:57 PM
Mike Lyle

lamby2k2 wrote:
Hallo people, my name is Sally Lamb, and I am a retired housewife

who
has nothing to do with myself, so I visit Gardening Forums advising
people of the cheapest shops and websites at this present time.

So here goes, B&Q and homebase are in rivls at the moment to gain

the
most summer customers and are batteling it out to get the most

custom
and are selling products at rediculous prices.

Any way that is in stores, but online i have come accross this site
called green fingers, and they have got a 10% off everything sale,

is
that it you might think, but they are already considerably cheap
compared to all the shops etc. anyway here is the link if your
interested

http://tinyurl.com/9ptub

**** off, sweetheart. And that's "you're", round here, not "your".
The other spelling mistakes I'll leave as an exercise for you, since
you have nothing to do with yourself.

--
Mike.

Old 14-05-2005, 12:56 AM
Gary Woods

"Mike Lyle" wrote:

**** off, sweetheart. And that's "you're", round here, not "your".

And you quoted the whole spammy, quasi-literate post why?

Rain expected in the American colonies, and high time. I've had to water
some plantings of assorted greens; unusual here in the spring.

(Can I mention spring? I've been told your seasons don't have the same
names or some such in the UK.)

Old 14-05-2005, 09:06 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Gary Woods contains these words:

(Can I mention spring? I've been told your seasons don't have the same
names or some such in the UK.)

Oh yes, please do!

We know you have spring too from the rhyme:

Bronx

"Spring is sprung, de grass is ris,
I wonder where de boidies is?
De boids is on de wing -
But that's absoid:
De boid ain't on de wing,
De wing is on de boid..."

/Bronx

We also have Summer here, allegedly, but like Easter, it's a movable
feast, and might fall on any day between June and August. It is very
shy, and sometimes it hides its face for upwards of a year.

Now Autumn seems to be the bone of contention he it used to be called
'fall' in the UK two or three hundred years ago, but since the Colonies
began successfully to mangle the language, we all learned to speak
Latin, consequently adopting the word 'Auctumnus': however, visiting
Colonials taking a late holiday soon tripped over it and broke it,
making off with the 'c+us', resulting in the present 'Autumn' over here,
and an epidemic of cussing over there.

HTH

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 14-05-2005, 10:17 AM
Mike Lyle

Gary Woods wrote:
"Mike Lyle" wrote:

**** off, sweetheart. And that's "you're", round here, not "your".

And you quoted the whole spammy, quasi-literate post why?

Moment of madness induced by irritation!

--
Mike.

Old 14-05-2005, 11:49 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Mike Lyle" contains these words:
Gary Woods wrote:
"Mike Lyle" wrote:

**** off, sweetheart. And that's "you're", round here, not "your".

And you quoted the whole spammy, quasi-literate post why?

Moment of madness induced by irritation!

I know what you mean, but the post was either a superb troll, or a bit
of benign gushing.

Old 14-05-2005, 12:08 PM
doug

"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
lamby2k2 wrote:
[...]

********
To the educated the phrase "nothing to do with myself " is well understood.
especially to people like myself who use the phrase regularly, - it being
within my vernacular range.
To the grossly ignorant the phrase ***** off* when addressing a lady may be
acceptable. But it is not so to me..
It brings into question the culture of the dismal parents who failed to take
care of their child's upbringing.
You are not in the bar saloon.
An apology is in order.
Doug.
********

Old 14-05-2005, 01:04 PM
Mike

********
To the educated the phrase "nothing to do with myself " is well

understood.
especially to people like myself who use the phrase regularly, - it being
within my vernacular range.
To the grossly ignorant the phrase ***** off* when addressing a lady may

be
acceptable. But it is not so to me..
It brings into question the culture of the dismal parents who failed to

take
care of their child's upbringing.
You are not in the bar saloon.
An apology is in order.
Doug.
********

Put them where I put people who use foul language, ..... in the gutter where
they belong and have no respect for them.

Mike

Old 14-05-2005, 02:27 PM
Mike Lyle

doug wrote:
"Mike Lyle" wrote in message

[...]
**** off, sweetheart. And that's "you're", round here, not "your".
The other spelling mistakes I'll leave as an exercise for you,

since
you have nothing to do with yourself.

--
Mike.

********
To the educated the phrase "nothing to do with myself " is well
understood. especially to people like myself who use the phrase
regularly, - it being within my vernacular range.

¿Que? Never said it wasn't.

To the grossly ignorant the phrase ***** off* when addressing a

lady
may be acceptable. But it is not so to me..
It brings into question the culture of the dismal parents who

failed
to take care of their child's upbringing.
You are not in the bar saloon.
An apology is in order.
Doug.
********

A lady doesn't spam newsgroups. I'm a bit surprised you're not
familiar with the "online I have come across" formula, or the
pretence (perhaps) of being female, or the intentional use of poor
English to make it look unprofessional; but they're all part of the
routine.

You really think "Halooooo people! Got some great news" is the kind
of subject-line urg users would choose if they'd spotted a bargain?
....that it's likely as a newcomer's first message? ...from somebody
who appears out of the blue with an advertisement from a funny
address? I'd probably be a happier man if I were so tolerant.

--
Mike.

Old 14-05-2005, 04:36 PM
Gary Woods

"Mike Lyle" wrote:

You really think "Halooooo people! Got some great news" is the kind
of subject-line urg users would choose if they'd spotted a bargain?

It was obvious spam, and your language wasn't all that bad. Compared with
the expanded vocabulary I learned in the U.S. Navy* it was very mild
indeed.

*I'm sure British Tars are far more polite. But then, nearly all I know of
the subject I learned from Gilbert and Sullivan, and that is suspect...

Old 14-05-2005, 04:47 PM
Mike

It was obvious spam, and your language wasn't all that bad. Compared with
the expanded vocabulary I learned in the U.S. Navy* it was very mild
indeed.

*I'm sure British Tars are far more polite. But then, nearly all I know

of
the subject I learned from Gilbert and Sullivan, and that is suspect...

Gary there is a time and place for everything. I was in the Royal Navy from
Lower Deck to Wardroom. I have also been in Industry having served an
apprenticeship in Shipbuilding and going on from the Factory floor to the
Board Room. I adopted a policy a long time ago not to swear. I have worked
with and in front of females and I was brought up to respect females and the
older generation, sorry if it is old hat, but it is old breeding.

ANYONE who swears in front of others, especially females, and/or on a
newsgroup such as this where we don't know who is reading, in my mind is
only fit for the gutter where such language belongs.

Mike
who doesn't knowingly lie either.

NOW watch the flack fly

Old 14-05-2005, 05:14 PM
Brian Watson

"doug" wrote in message

To the grossly ignorant the phrase ***** off* when addressing a lady may
be acceptable. But it is not so to me..
It brings into question the culture of the dismal parents who failed to
take care of their child's upbringing.
You are not in the bar saloon.
An apology is in order.

Who appointed you monitor?

The English language is a rich and wonderful thing and its breadth of
expression is there to be used.

Besides, I note you saw fit to repeat the phrase in your preposterous
response.

See this pot? See this kettle?
--
Brian
Sig: I have nothing more to say

Old 14-05-2005, 05:38 PM
Mike Lyle

Mike wrote:
[...] ANYONE who swears in front of others, especially females,
and/or on a
newsgroup such as this where we don't know who is reading, in my

mind
is only fit for the gutter where such language belongs.

Mike
who doesn't knowingly lie either.

NOW watch the flack fly

Can't offer flak, I'm afraid. But I don't patronise women by
adjusting my vocabulary for them.

--
Mike.

Old 14-05-2005, 05:48 PM
Mike Lyle

Mike Lyle wrote:
Mike wrote:
[...] ANYONE who swears in front of others, especially females,
and/or on a
newsgroup such as this where we don't know who is reading, in my

mind
is only fit for the gutter where such language belongs.

Mike
who doesn't knowingly lie either.

NOW watch the flack fly

Can't offer flak, I'm afraid. But I don't patronise women by
adjusting my vocabulary for them.

Sorry, forgot to add "...or by calling them 'females'".

--
Mike.

Old 14-05-2005, 06:03 PM
Mike

Sorry Mike, it was the way I was brought up. I still walk on the outside of
the pavement. I still open doors and stand back to let a lady/female call
them what you will go through. I still like to see the feminine gender, if
you prefer it that way, to be served first at the table and have told
waiters such, quietly and to one side I might add.

Sorry, blame in on my upbringing.

Another point which used to infuriate my wife and myself when we lived in
Leicester were the adverts for female staff, "Girls" for the shop floor,
"Ladies" for the offices.

Sorry, blame it on my parents, but I won't be changing now at my time of
life.