Old 05-06-2005, 08:13 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Harold Walker" contains these words:
"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Harold Walker" contains these words:

Ye gads....from the many comments on this 'string', fun that they be, it
sounds as tho parts of the UK society are just as stuffy as
ever....pretty
soon I expect someone to be talking about "pater" and the likes....H

Perhaps you've been in America so long that your irony-sensor has
rusted away completely.

'tis only 50 years

Which Navy did you come out of at the age of eight?

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 05-06-2005, 10:26 PM
Sacha

On 5/6/05 20:08, in article ,
"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote:

The message
from "Harold Walker" contains these words:
"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:
[...]
Why, for a couple of months I've been advertising locally for a
Saturday Boy, and no-one's even *ASKED* about the prestigious
position.

(See
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/ad/ )
[...]

¡Que sorpresa! if I may say so.

--
Mike.

Ye gads....from the many comments on this 'string', fun that they be, it
sounds as tho parts of the UK society are just as stuffy as ever....pretty
soon I expect someone to be talking about "pater" and the likes....H

That's most frightfully non-U. We refer to him as the Gov'nor, what?

Tsk. 'Sir', surely!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 05-06-2005, 10:50 PM
Harold Walker

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message
k...
The message
from "Harold Walker" contains these words:
"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Harold Walker" contains these
words:

Ye gads....from the many comments on this 'string', fun that they be,
it
sounds as tho parts of the UK society are just as stuffy as
ever....pretty
soon I expect someone to be talking about "pater" and the likes....H

Perhaps you've been in America so long that your irony-sensor has
rusted away completely.

'tis only 50 years

Which Navy did you come out of at the age of eight?////born 1925....Royal
NavalAir Service 1943 to 46 + 1949 to 1955 and thence to Yankee land

Old 05-06-2005, 10:53 PM
Harold Walker

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 5/6/05 20:08, in article
,
"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote:

The message
from "Harold Walker" contains these words:
"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:
[...]
Why, for a couple of months I've been advertising locally for a
Saturday Boy, and no-one's even *ASKED* about the prestigious
position.

(See
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/ad/ )
[...]

¡Que sorpresa! if I may say so.

Must come over in July and get up to date on 'what in and what out' these
days...if they will let me in...H

--
Mike.

Old 05-06-2005, 11:10 PM
Mike Lyle

Harold Walker wrote:
[...]
"Mike Lyle" wrote in

message
Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:
[...]
Why, for a couple of months I've been advertising locally for

Saturday Boy, and no-one's even *ASKED* about the prestigious
position.

(See http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/ad/ )
[...]

¡Que sorpresa! if I may say so.

Must come over in July and get up to date on 'what in and what out'
these days...if they will let me in...H

[...]
You'll find that these days almost everybody's using exactly the same
style as the one in Rusty's prospectus, at the link above. It's the
new street-talk.

(Oh, and if you want to try the famous echo in the British Museum
Library Reading-Room, they've moved it to St Pancras.)

--
Mike.

Old 06-06-2005, 12:43 AM
Harold Walker

"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
Harold Walker wrote:
[...]
"Mike Lyle" wrote in

message
Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:
[...]
Why, for a couple of months I've been advertising locally for

Saturday Boy, and no-one's even *ASKED* about the prestigious
position.

(See http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/ad/ )
[...]

¡Que sorpresa! if I may say so.

Must come over in July and get up to date on 'what in and what out'
these days...if they will let me in...H

[...]
You'll find that these days almost everybody's using exactly the same
style as the one in Rusty's prospectus, at the link above. It's the
new street-talk.

(Oh, and if you want to try the famous echo in the British Museum
Library Reading-Room, they've moved it to St Pancras.)

--
Mike.

Oh shucks...shudda moved it to King's Cross...H

Old 06-06-2005, 12:53 PM
BAC

"Harold Walker" wrote in message

"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:
[...]
Why, for a couple of months I've been advertising locally for a
Saturday Boy, and no-one's even *ASKED* about the prestigious
position.

(See http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/ad/ )

[...]

¡Que sorpresa! if I may say so.

--
Mike.

Ye gads....from the many comments on this 'string', fun that they be, it
sounds as tho parts of the UK society are just as stuffy as ever....pretty
soon I expect someone to be talking about "pater" and the likes....H

So what if they do?

Old 06-06-2005, 04:04 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

Ye gads....from the many comments on this 'string', fun that they be, it
sounds as tho parts of the UK society are just as stuffy as
ever....pretty
soon I expect someone to be talking about "pater" and the likes....H

That's most frightfully non-U. We refer to him as the Gov'nor, what?

Tsk. 'Sir', surely!

Ah, we call him "Sir" to his face when we speak to him, don't y'know. We
*REFER* to him as "the gov'nor".

Old 06-06-2005, 04:25 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Janet Baraclough contains these words:
The message
from "Harold Walker" contains these words:

Must come over in July and get up to date on 'what in and what out' these
days...if they will let me in...H

Don't forget the dress code. Burberry check is very popular for
smart-casual occasions, save your hooded sweatshirt and baseball cap for
weekend wear while out shopping with friends.

Knee-breeches and loud check socks are de rigeur, or plus-fours. Spats
are not as popular as they were last year. Trilbies are old-hat, and the
man about town wears a bowler these days.

Government Ministers and gangsters (these are interchangeable) wear a
Homburg (Fedora), while leaders of Her Majesty's Opposition have to wear
baseball caps.

HTH

Old 06-06-2005, 05:00 PM
Harold Walker

[...]

I will act like a member of the oppositon and wear a nice new baseball cap
and make sure I have my fanny pack strapped around my waist to hold the UK
passport and the likes.....H

metapost or groundmaster fence post support? Carolyn Jean Fairman Gardening 2 11-10-2005 11:07 AM
Responsible pet ownership (was nancy' pet) Jade Blackbourne Australia 2 03-09-2003 11:02 AM
Deer fence kayk Gardening 17 31-03-2003 11:08 PM
Garden fence help Kathy Gardening 1 31-01-2003 05:44 AM
Flower Boxes on Fence Warren Gardening 7 28-01-2003 04:13 PM