Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14-03-2003, 08:53 AM
Charlie Pridham

Default clematis planting

If you buy-in the best widget in the world, then make a cock-up with the
installation, its your reputation (and sometimes more) that suffers, not
your supplier :-)
--
Tony Morgan

It pays to realise that planting advice given is always of a "one size fits
all" type, the fact that you have manage perfectly well for 47 years to
acheive success does not alter the fact that the majority of clematis grown
from cuttings benefit from deep planting, this whether it is wet or not, and
I certainly never think twice about burying new green stems and leaves.
Although I can not claim 47 years experiance, I suspect I have grown and
planted more clematis than you have, your comments were valid, it is just
that I do not think you should have rubbished the perfectly sound advice
being given, adding a note of caution would have been enough.

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk