Old 28-10-2003, 09:02 AM
Elguapo

Default Kikuyu - EVIL!!

Damn the person who originally decided kikuyu was good idea for the front
and back grass area in my recently purchased home.

I am sure this is one of the devil's creations, just like olives!!

Old 28-10-2003, 10:32 AM
Holy Zarquon's Singing Fish

In article , Elguapo wrote:
Damn the person who originally decided kikuyu was good idea for the front
and back grass area in my recently purchased home.

I am sure this is one of the devil's creations, just like olives!!

I agree! Worse than Lantana.

--
Email address now bogus due to spam. Make a request for my real email
if you want a real email address to communicate with me.
Old 31-10-2003, 11:22 PM
Grae

I have kikuyu on my back yard and its great.Dogs can run and dig it up and
it keeps on going.As for the couch in the front ,all that needs is someone
to stare to long and it browns.....Horses for courses

Old 01-11-2003, 12:12 AM
Jeßus

Someone let
Holy Zarquon's Singing Fish loose on on a
computer... and the unfortunate result was:

: In article , Elguapo
: wrote:
:: Damn the person who originally decided kikuyu was good idea for the
:: front and back grass area in my recently purchased home.
:: I am sure this is one of the devil's creations, just like olives!!

: I agree! Worse than Lantana.

It doesn't even come remotely close to lantana... I'd lay off the
pan-galactic gargle-blasters if I were you.

--
Jeßus

Old 01-11-2003, 09:42 PM
Holy Zarquon's Singing Fish

In article , Jeßus wrote:
It doesn't even come remotely close to lantana... I'd lay off the
pan-galactic gargle-blasters if I were you.

Serious question: Why not? I suppose from an economic perspective,
at least kikyu has some uses. They both have the tendancy to take
over as the dominant species, and both tend to supress the growth of
other plants growing with them. Plus Lantana is much easier to keep
out of an area once it's been properly dealt with by re-establishing a
proper canopy.

Old 07-11-2003, 12:02 AM
John Savage

"Holy Zarquon's Singing Fish" wrote in message

I agree! Worse than Lantana.

I love the perfume of lantana on a baking hot mid-summer day. Flowers or
crushed leaves, either will do. I wonder can it be bottled? I'd wear it on
a dull wintery morning to brighten my day!

Old 07-11-2003, 12:12 PM
Holy Zarquon's Singing Fish

"Holy Zarquon's Singing Fish" wrote in message

I agree! Worse than Lantana.

I love the perfume of lantana on a baking hot mid-summer day. Flowers or
crushed leaves, either will do. I wonder can it be bottled? I'd wear it on
a dull wintery morning to brighten my day!

You're insane. I recently had to handle Lantana leaves for a long
time and they're disgusting smelling. According to Kevin Mills in
"Raniforests of the Illawarra", the best time and place to watch for
butterflies is in lantana patches in late summer in the forest.

Nobody's been able to tell me why Kikyu is a worse weed yet.

--
Take my first and surname to email me and replace the abuse.
Old 09-11-2003, 10:02 AM
Chookie

In article ,
Holy Zarquon's Singing Fish wrote:

Nobody's been able to tell me why Kikyu is a worse weed yet.

Because the kikuyu is in my back yard and the lantana isn't!

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"Jeez; if only those Ancient Greek storytellers had known about the astonishing
creature that is the *Usenet hydra*: you cut off one head, and *a stupider one*
grows back..." -- MJ, cam.misc