Old 01-09-2005, 03:01 PM
Nina

Default You never know.....

Some workmen were laying cable in our building, and I couldn't help but
notice the thick copper wire they were cutting and dropping everywhere.
Finally the foreman asked me why I was staring at the wire, and I
explained that copper wire was a tool used to shape bonsai... He said
he knew that, because his uncle had a hundred bonsai. He then told me
to take all the wire I wanted.

Nina. So I did.

Old 01-09-2005, 03:27 PM
Marty Haber

Nice work, Nina - but don't forget to anneal it.
Marty H.
Some workmen were laying cable in our building, and I couldn't help but
notice the thick copper wire they were cutting and dropping everywhere.
Finally the foreman asked me why I was staring at the wire, and I
explained that copper wire was a tool used to shape bonsai... He said
he knew that, because his uncle had a hundred bonsai. He then told me
to take all the wire I wanted.

Nina. So I did.

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 01-09-2005, 03:58 PM
dalecochoy

Now, you can roll it into nice rolls and anneal it in your barbecue this
weekend after you're done grilling burgers.

Dale Cochoy, Wild Things Bonsai Studio, Hartville, Ohio
http://www.WildThingsBonsai.Com
Specializing in power wood carving tools.
Yakimono no Kokoro bonsai pottery of hand-built stoneware

Old 01-09-2005, 05:10 PM
Jim Gremel

On Sep 1, 2005, at 7:57 AM, dalecochoy wrote:

Now, you can roll it into nice rolls and anneal it in your barbecue
this
weekend after you're done grilling burgers.

If you anneal in a BBQ, I recommend that you wash the BBQ out very
thoroughly when you are done annealing.

Annealing copper blackens, or oxidizes, the surface of the wire. A
crust of black copper oxide is created that flakes off as a powder &
small flakes during and after the annealing process. You won't be able
to see the oxide in a BBQ because it is won't be visible against the
charcoal & black metal. I wouldn't be able to see it in my propane BBQ
either. But it will be there & it is a toxicity concern.

Jim

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++