Old 14-07-2004, 12:08 PM
Roger Snipes

Default [IBC] My tree, as is.

Billy,

I believe he said it was a Magnolia stellata. That is a deciduous magnolia
with fairly small leaves and flowers. The leaves are around 2" to 3" long
when it is growing in the ground if I remember correctly. It is hardy here
in zone 5, and should make a nice bonsai subject.

Regards,
Roger Snipes Spokane, WA Zone 5, or maybe Zone 6.
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it,
and then misapplying the wrong remedies. Groucho Marx (1895-1977)

Old 15-07-2004, 06:03 PM
April1201

Yes, that is what it is. It's also called a royal star, or star magnolia. It
has beautiful ribbon like white flowers. In real life it grows from ten to
twenty feet. The leaves are maybe four inches big. We have one where I work,
maybe I'll measure a leaf. I brought a leaf home the other day to compare mine
to it, and there was quite a difference.

There are a bunch of different kinds of magnolias. Ever seen a tulip tree?
That's also a magnolia. A stellata is similar in size and appearance, but has
a different flower.
Subject: [IBC] My tree, as is.