Old 12-03-2007, 08:36 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.religion.kibology,rec.arts.books

Default Shredded Paper in Compost Pile

In article ,

On 2007-03-10, William Rose wrote:

And knitting sweaters (I've seen a book on this).

my man. Did you get the cork out of your breakfast already? An' wat chew
mean knitting sweaters? Dog hair sweaters? You crazy or what? Explain
yourself boy.

http://www.amazon.com/Knitting-Dog-H.../dp/0312152906

"Knitting With Dog Hair: Better A Sweater From A Dog You Know and Love
Than From A Sheep You'll Never Meet" by Kendall Crolius

ISBN-10: 0312152906

I'm coming, Elizabeth, I'm coming.

Now, I've seen it all. The "Rapture" must be coming along any minute.

Am I on drugs or what? Somebody check the tap water.

Every time I turn around this place just gets stranger and stranger.

- Bill

Coloribus gustibus and dog hair sweateribus non disputatum (mostly)
Old 13-03-2007, 05:20 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.religion.kibology,rec.arts.books

On Mar 12, 1:36 pm, William Rose wrote:
In article ,

On 2007-03-10, William Rose wrote:

And knitting sweaters (I've seen a book on this).

my man. Did you get the cork out of your breakfast already? An' wat chew
mean knitting sweaters? Dog hair sweaters? You crazy or what? Explain
yourself boy.

http://www.amazon.com/Knitting-Dog-H.../dp/0312152906

"Knitting With Dog Hair: Better A Sweater From A Dog You Know and Love
Than From A Sheep You'll Never Meet" by Kendall Crolius

ISBN-10: 0312152906

I'm coming, Elizabeth, I'm coming.

Now, I've seen it all. The "Rapture" must be coming along any minute.

Am I on drugs or what? Somebody check the tap water.

Every time I turn around this place just gets stranger and stranger.

That's not strange.

_This_ is strange:

http://www.petpreservations.com/index.html

Coloribus gustibus and dog hair sweateribus non disputatum (mostly)

Quidquid, dudeumus.

Dr. HotSalt

Old 14-03-2007, 12:27 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.religion.kibology,rec.arts.books

On 2007-03-12, William Rose wrote:

I'm coming, Elizabeth, I'm coming.

Am I on drugs or what? Somebody check the tap water.

Too much Ripple.

Every time I turn around this place just gets stranger and stranger.

Stop turning around. Or turn faster.
YMMV. HTH. HAND. WTF.

--
Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms.
[Josey Wales]
Old 15-03-2007, 05:36 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.religion.kibology

"William Rose" wrote in message

On 2007-03-09, William Rose wrote:

If you have wolf based dogs, dogs with an undercoat, they will be
dumping a lot of hair right about now that can be sown/turned into the
garden. Better known as slow release nitrogen.

And knitting sweaters (I've seen a book on this).

And I'm saving dog hair from a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel to mix with
Alpaca to spin into yarn.

Farm1, that's quite a handle your dog has.

Yeah, but no longer than German Short Haired Pointer :-)) Dunno why breed
names get so long.

If you make a sweater from
the yarn,

Probably not - it'st ake too long to collect that mcuh - perhaps a hat or
scarf.

will it come with a sack of ashes?

:-)) Perhaps just a scourge?

All kidding aside, I'm glad to see people unplugging from the consumer
matrix. Do you spin and weave the hair yourself?

I'll spin it myself and perhaps knit or crochet it. I wouldn't weave it.

What do dog hair shirts
feel like or will this be for throw rugs?

The Cavalier King Charles has very, very fine soft hair - softer than corn
silk or baby hair.

Are there specific breeds for
weaving? (I presume that they should be long-hairs.)

Many breeds of dogs have ahir that can be can be used to spin. My neigbour
has a Marrema and I've promised to spin some of her dog's hair for her.
I've even heard of someone spinning hair from a cow (whcih would be really
hard to do) but then they complained that it was prickly - not at all
surprised by that.

Old 25-04-2007, 12:31 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Goomba38 wrote:
Pat Kiewicz wrote:

Just one caution, paper is very, very carbon intense, so you should
also add an extra dose nitrogen-rich material to compensate. Lots of
fresh grass, for example, or some urea (or other high-N fertilizer).
I'd not make paper a main ingredient, but it's easy to keep on hand to
add a bit at a time. For instance, after that really rainy week when the
lawn had gotten away from you and you have an abundance of grass
clippings...

Thank you that gives me an idea of how to work with this resource.
I'd hate to waste it if I could use and benefit from it.
Now.. about teabags...?

Milk and two sugars, cheers love.

--

"Truth matters, God doesn't & life sucks."

-- House, M.D.

Old 25-04-2007, 12:34 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.religion.kibology,rec.arts.books

On 2007-03-10, William Rose wrote:

And knitting sweaters (I've seen a book on this).
my man. Did you get the cork out of your breakfast already? An' wat chew
mean knitting sweaters? Dog hair sweaters? You crazy or what? Explain
yourself boy.

http://www.amazon.com/Knitting-Dog-H.../dp/0312152906

"Knitting With Dog Hair: Better A Sweater From A Dog You Know and Love
Than From A Sheep You'll Never Meet" by Kendall Crolius

Dog hair sweaters, when wet, smell like dog. Duh!

What if your dog has no nose?

Old 25-04-2007, 09:07 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.religion.kibology,alt.english.usage,rec.arts.books

On 2007-04-25, Tonto Goldstein wrote:

"Knitting With Dog Hair: Better A Sweater From A Dog You Know and Love
Than From A Sheep You'll Never Meet" by Kendall Crolius

Dog hair sweaters, when wet, smell like dog. Duh!

What if your dog has no nose?

Then he smells poorly.

--
You can drown in a bathtub with an inch of water in it, and you can
easily write a completely unreadable and unmaintainable program in a
Old 25-04-2007, 09:12 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.religion.kibology,rec.arts.books,rec.food.cooking

On 2007-04-25, Tonto Goldstein wrote:

Milk and two sugars, cheers love.

And on 2007-04-13, Matthew L. Martin wrote:

Seen in a Chinese Cookbook:

1 TBS sugar, rinse well and set aside.

The sugar was never referenced again.

Just as well.

--
Hi this is Leila. I'm not here right now. So please leave your name,
number and a brief message and a time you called at the beep. And
Old 25-04-2007, 10:13 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.religion.kibology,alt.english.usage,rec.arts.books,rec.food.cooking

On 2007-04-25, Tonto Goldstein wrote:

"Knitting With Dog Hair: Better A Sweater From A Dog You Know and Love
Than From A Sheep You'll Never Meet" by Kendall Crolius
Dog hair sweaters, when wet, smell like dog. Duh!

What if your dog has no nose?

Then he smells poorly.

But does the sweater still smell well?
Old 25-04-2007, 10:52 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.religion.kibology,alt.english.usage,rec.arts.books,rec.food.cooking

On 2007-04-25, Tonto Goldstein wrote:

"Knitting With Dog Hair: Better A Sweater From A Dog You Know and Love
Than From A Sheep You'll Never Meet" by Kendall Crolius

Dog hair sweaters, when wet, smell like dog. Duh!

What if your dog has no nose?

Then he smells poorly.

"Dumb dawg don't hunt and he smells like shee-utt."

I'm sure I heard this in Texas, but I can't place it
exactly. Might've been my degree advisor, or
one of crew at KVET who were fond of saying things
just beyond the pickup distance from an open mike
while I counted the seconds before an unlisted
phone in the studio rang.

Jim

Old 26-04-2007, 12:54 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.religion.kibology,rec.arts.books

On Mar 12, 8:58 am, wrote:
On Mar 12, 7:50 am, Adam Funk wrote:

Dog hair sweaters, when wet, smell like dog. Duh!

I used to know someone whose wife did indeed knit stuff from the
combings of their samoyeds. And, no, the items did not smell like
dogs.

Hell's bells, man, people make clothing from goat hair--pashmina, for
example.

J. Del Col.
..

Old 26-04-2007, 02:10 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.religion.kibology,rec.arts.books

jadel wrote:
On Mar 12, 8:58 am, wrote:
On Mar 12, 7:50 am, Adam Funk wrote:

Dog hair sweaters, when wet, smell like dog. Duh!

I used to know someone whose wife did indeed knit stuff from the
combings of their samoyeds. And, no, the items did not smell like
dogs.

Hell's bells, man, people make clothing from goat hair--pashmina, for
example.

I've heard tell that there are some crazy folk who make clothes from the
wool off'n a sheep's back!!1!

They is weird, I tells ya!

Old 26-04-2007, 06:02 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.religion.kibology,rec.arts.books

* Tonto Goldstein wrote, On 4/26/07 9:10 AM:
jadel wrote:
On Mar 12, 8:58 am, wrote:
On Mar 12, 7:50 am, Adam Funk wrote:

Dog hair sweaters, when wet, smell like dog. Duh!

I used to know someone whose wife did indeed knit stuff from the
combings of their samoyeds. And, no, the items did not smell like
dogs.

Hell's bells, man, people make clothing from goat hair--pashmina, for
example.

I've heard tell that there are some crazy folk who make clothes from the
sheep's back!!1!

IFYwardrobeFY

--
[ anTonOMasia at gmail dot com ]

Old 26-04-2007, 08:14 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.religion.kibology,rec.arts.books

anTonOMasia wrote:
* Tonto Goldstein wrote, On 4/26/07 9:10 AM:
I've heard tell that there are some crazy folk who make clothes from the
sheep's back!!1!

IFYwardrobeFY

Don't even THINK of trying to tell us that Tonto is actually Kibo.

¬R
Old 27-04-2007, 02:42 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.religion.kibology,rec.arts.books

* Glenn Knickerbocker wrote, On 4/26/07 3:14 PM:
anTonOMasia wrote:
* Tonto Goldstein wrote, On 4/26/07 9:10 AM:
I've heard tell that there are some crazy folk who make clothes from the
sheep's back!!1!

IFYwardrobeFY

Don't even THINK of trying to tell us that Tonto is actually Kibo.

No, Kibo's off somewhere having 'fun',
while us bozos waste time in ark.

--
[ anTonOMasia at gmail dot com ]

Shredded paper mulch Wolf K Gardening 4 16-09-2006 07:05 PM
Composting Shredded Paper Droog Genzel United Kingdom 23 16-02-2005 08:53 PM
Shredded paper as mulch? Ken Oaf Australia 8 05-10-2004 10:26 PM
shredded paper for composting bill Gardening 1 24-02-2004 11:19 PM
composting shredded paper Mark Fawcett United Kingdom 8 24-12-2003 12:10 AM