Old 29-08-2007, 08:00 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.food.cooking

Default Purslane

In article ,
zxcvbob wrote:

Omelet wrote:

"Know thyself".

"...If you need help, call the F.B.I." ;-)

Bob

grins No S**t. ;-D
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Old 30-08-2007, 12:20 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.food.cooking

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
But don't just look at saturated fats as the cause...
I've known more than one person that tried cutting fat and still drank
soda and ate "fat free" cookies by the box full.

They ended up on Statins.
--
Peace, Om

I just can't eat 'fat free' desserts. If the sugar is aspartame -- forget
it for darned sure.

I cringe whenever I see f-i-l drinking diet sodas with meals. But it's his
life, we don't say anything.
Dee Dee

Old 30-08-2007, 06:00 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.food.cooking

In article ,
Omelet wrote:

In article
,
Billy wrote:

I think he was critical of the addition of Lard and Salt Pork. ;-)
For those that still believe that eating animal fat is unhealthy, it
would sound like Heart attack on a plate.

A triple by-pass actually.

What source do you have that fats that are solid at room temperature are
healthy?
--
FB - FFF

Billy

http://tinyurl.com/yw9s9v

I'd suggest you do more research.
More and more, high triglyceride levels appear to cause more damage.

Guess what causes them to be high?

It's not fat...

Mine used to run around 600 mg/dl. when I was in college.
Now they run around 80 mg/dl.

Fat was not what I gave up to do that.
Oddly enough, my endocrinologist knows this and congratulates me for
giving up sugar and starch for the most part when she sees my blood
levels. :-)

Don't buy soft drinks or donuts, or bread.

Nice anecdotal story but no mention of saturated fats and serum
cholesterol. I don't drink soft drinks, I certainly don't eat donuts,
and only a minimal amount of bread. My serum cholesterol is barely OK as
long as I don't abuse saturated fats (red meat, ham, and butter are my
only sources). For me, to load up a healthy food like purslane with
sandoux or pork belly is totally nuts. I'm glad that you found a path
but it isn't mine.
--
FB - FFF

Billy

Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.
- Bob Marley
Old 30-08-2007, 01:53 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.food.cooking

In article ,
"Dee Dee" wrote:

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
But don't just look at saturated fats as the cause...
I've known more than one person that tried cutting fat and still drank
soda and ate "fat free" cookies by the box full.

They ended up on Statins.
--
Peace, Om

I just can't eat 'fat free' desserts. If the sugar is aspartame -- forget
it for darned sure.

I cringe whenever I see f-i-l drinking diet sodas with meals. But it's his
life, we don't say anything.
Dee Dee

I prefer purified water (tastes better) or ice tea, and sometimes wine.
:-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.