Old 09-10-2018, 09:28 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default hard freeze Thurs

Hard freeze predicted for Thursday night (30F). So
everything gets picked Wednesday.

The zukes have already started to give it up about two
weeks ago, so this will put them out for good.

The yellow cherries FINALLY ripened this week. Won't
be planting them again next year. Take too long to
ripen.

Also time to plant my garlic.

And the cycle starts over again. I have next years
garden already planned out.

Old 10-10-2018, 03:01 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Tuesday, October 9, 2018 at 4:28:11 AM UTC-4, T wrote:
Hard freeze predicted for Thursday night (30F). So
everything gets picked Wednesday.

The zukes have already started to give it up about two
weeks ago, so this will put them out for good.

The yellow cherries FINALLY ripened this week. Won't
be planting them again next year. Take too long to
ripen.

Also time to plant my garlic.

And the cycle starts over again. I have next years
garden already planned out.

Where are you that you're getting a hard freeze already? Here in the Baltimore area, we have two more days in the upper 70's, then the Thursday thunderstorms bring in the fall weather with high temps in the mid 60's.

Old 10-10-2018, 03:12 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Pavel314 wrote:
Where are you that you're getting a hard freeze already? Here in the Baltimore area, we have two more days in the upper 70's, then the Thursday thunderstorms bring in the fall weather with high temps in the mid 60's.

we have patchy frost in the forecast for later this
week for the first time.

it's not abnormally late or early. later is always
nicer for those bean plants still trying to give me
beans to pick or dry beans to save.

songbird
Old 10-10-2018, 03:15 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

T wrote:

Hard freeze predicted for Thursday night (30F). So
everything gets picked Wednesday.

just some cool nights coming now and a chance of frost
but nothing certain yet. we'll see...

another week would be nice, but i don't know that we'll
get it.

have to pick any beans that might be ready if it
will actually get cold enough to frost damage them.

The zukes have already started to give it up about two
weeks ago, so this will put them out for good.

tomato plants got pulled out yesterday.

The yellow cherries FINALLY ripened this week. Won't
be planting them again next year. Take too long to
ripen.

as in the tree/bush fruit or tomatoes?

Also time to plant my garlic.

yes, that's a good time to do it.

And the cycle starts over again. I have next years
garden already planned out.

i'm always thinking of what might be happening next.

cheers, way too busy these days...

songbird
Old 10-10-2018, 10:16 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 10/9/18 7:01 PM, Pavel314 wrote:
On Tuesday, October 9, 2018 at 4:28:11 AM UTC-4, T wrote:
Hard freeze predicted for Thursday night (30F). So
everything gets picked Wednesday.

The zukes have already started to give it up about two
weeks ago, so this will put them out for good.

The yellow cherries FINALLY ripened this week. Won't
be planting them again next year. Take too long to
ripen.

Also time to plant my garlic.

And the cycle starts over again. I have next years
garden already planned out.

Where are you that you're getting a hard freeze already? Here in the Baltimore area, we have two more days in the upper 70's, then the Thursday thunderstorms bring in the fall weather with high temps in the mid 60's.

During the day, we get up to the 60's too.

Zone 6c

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...A#.Wpg2uuaIb0o

Old 10-10-2018, 10:18 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 10/10/18 7:15 AM, songbird wrote:
The yellow cherries FINALLY ripened this week. Won't
be planting them again next year. Take too long to
ripen.

as in the tree/bush fruit or tomatoes?

Sorry, yellow cherry tomatoes

Hard freeze George Shirley[_3_] Edible Gardening 13 09-01-2017 06:18 PM
Grapes, dormancy and green leaves wilting at hard freeze DigitalVinyl Gardening 5 18-11-2004 10:47 PM
Hard Freeze?? Robert North Carolina 26 06-04-2004 09:36 PM
Hard Freeze?? Robert North Carolina 0 06-04-2004 09:36 PM
Tom Barr on fertilizing techniques, guest speaker on Thurs. at 10 pm Art Giacosa Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 15-03-2004 11:47 PM